OFFICIAL David Fifita signs with the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offload Bird.

Give Cameron Smith a ring. His missus has said she wants to return to Brisbane one day.

Problem is with Bird and Milf is firstly, they have lucrative contracts, and secondly, their stock isnt very high and i reckon we would have to chip in way too much for other teams to take them. We dont have a good bargaining position.

In all honesty, i'd be shopping around those two, plus TPJ and Joffa, possibly even Lodge. Whether the club wants to admit it or now, we are in a rebuilding stage.

Not goanna lie, I'm pretty dissapointed. Fifita offered us a real point of difference and its a shame we couldn't hold on to him. Part of me thinks that it could be good for our team and free up money to fill more critical positions within the side. The other part of me thinks that we won't be able to acquire those players and we are in a tough spot in regards to our coach. Our future seems bleak, and this feels like a bit of a kick in the guts atm.

On a positive we can re-sign Milford and maybe now upgrade him to 1.2m a year?
giphy.gif

Well, lets try to think positive. Maybe this will end up being exactly like with Hodges, who also left for 3 years at around the same age and came back and became a legend. Use this time to fix the rest of the side and see if we can get him back in 3 years.

Losing David ,Boyd retiring, Macca leaving , karu leaving and bird
We should have a small war chest of $
To buy some more players ?

Is CHN still on the market? I’ll take him for 500k as a direct replacement any day of the week.

Last edited:
Maybe it's a 1 yr deal with 2 yr player option!

The club should go all in on Keary and Grant now. Punting Milf and Bird (and subsidising 50%) gives a million next year - Keary.

Fifita’s money + Boyd + Kahu = Grant.

Macca’s money + Joffa (subsidised as well) = Opacic + one other established first grade forward.

He better not be playing for us the rest of the season, just let him go and play someone else. We’re not making the finals move on show some sack!

Give him to the roosters for the rest of the season. **** it, I want to see the nrl burn. Bring on the five peat.

I calculated about 3 million free bye the end of the yr am I close?
with David , karu,bird ,Macca and Boyd gone.

Well, lets try to think positive. Maybe this will end up being exactly like with Hodges, who also left for 3 years at around the same age and came back and became a legend. Use this time to fix the rest of the side and see if we can get him back in 3 years.

Nope he doesn’t deserve the Hodges option of returning. Should be stamped never to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hurrijo
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • bert_lifts
  • BroncosAlways
  • BooKhaki
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • Spoon
  • mystico
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • Allo
  • The Don
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.