SPLIT DCE for Game III?

Discussion in 'State of Origin 2017' started by Unbreakable, Jun 22, 2017.

Thanks for the welcome. That is true, but as he said so himself against the Titans recently; There'll never be water under the bridge and that's ok with him. But for the media to criticise a man for being articulate and well-spoken is just juvenile and doesn't help Rugby League shake the label of being a thug sport. Personally, give me an articulate and well thought out response any day as opposed to the usual grunting 'credit to the boys'. As for the rumours he does not get along with players, I think it comes from the fact he is a dominant half and as such did not work well chemistry wise with JT who wanted a support player, thus recommending his teammate Michael Morgan. If that is the case, then by all means keep DCE on his toes churning out good performances as he waits for the lead playmaking role to become available.

Big Pete, gordjw and Sproj like this.
  1. ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak NRL Captain

I don't know what it is with DCE when he talks but he just doesn't sound genuine to me. It's frustrating because I can't put my finger on it but there you go.

2. Tom

Tom State of Origin Rep

Mate this forum has Milford pencilled in for that role.

3. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

"I just seem extremely uncomfortable the way the media's put me in the spotlight" - there's an articulate sentence!

Little twerp is also a diver.

Porthoz likes this.
  4. There's a difference between articulate and phony. Cronk or Smith are articulate, DCE is a phony.

morethenjack and holdzy89 like this.
  5. Happy to agree to disagree friends! Let's just hope the best team possible is chosen and a good game is played.

6. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

[​IMG]

7. Battler

Battler NRL Captain

Blokes in the Aus test team used to hate each other when we were beating everyone, now we have idiots like Mitch Marsh, Lyon, and Wade being first picked because they're "good blokes".

8. Tom

Tom State of Origin Rep

Even though it is a team sport, cricket is alot more about individual brilliance than RL imo.

9. Creepy... to the power of 10.

10. I don't like his neck

11. whiterhyno

whiterhyno U18 Player

Hmm so I'm not a DCE fan and he's was hopeless filling in for an injured Cronk.
    However we have no one else. Morgan will be left on the bench and rightly so as that's his best position for us. Munster will play centre and will be solid as we have no one else and don't want Chambers switching and bringing either O'Neil back or Gagai to centre and Oates to wing.
    Don't say Norman as he hasn't played a big game ever and Game 3 isn't the place to start. He's an OK to good club player but has no combinations with any of the team.
    So really that leaves us with a premiership player who has played Origins and for his country.
    IMO put him in and this will be it, last chance saloon. He can turn it around and win is Game 3 and cement the 7 position for years to come. Or play poorly and we go to Milf / Norman / Munster / Hunt from 2018 in a changing and new blood.

12. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

How is he going to play six and cement the seven?

I know what you mean, a role in the team but if he was picked for game three and did well, his role in the team would change next year given no Thurston and no Cronk.

13. Taylor1921

Taylor1921 QCup Player

Milford will be 6 if he's not fit in time, it'll be Morgan with Hunt off the bench.

14. Battler

Battler NRL Captain

Agreed, but you're closer to your team mates in cricket (on the field and off) than you are in RL, yet some of our greatest ever players could deal with people they personally considered dick heads because they were all competing for the same common objective. Now look at the state of Cricket Aus after Clarke: full of blokes who objectively don't deserve to be in the side because they're mates with others or "good blokes", and we're copping losses we shouldn't be copping because of it.

I really, REALLY don't want to see QLD descend into that sort of mindset, because we won't have Smith and co around for ever to cover for horrid players who just so happen to be good blokes.

15. BroncsFan

BroncsFan NRL Player

The one thing I don't get with all the contract issues that occurred at manly is how Foran escaped with zero criticism??

I can't remember everything from back then, but was Cherry copping flack for signing with the titans in the first place... whereas Foran bailed to the eels for a similar price and nothing at all

16. Morkel

Morkel

Because Foran kept his shit behind closed doors. He did the deal and that was that. No fuss, no media whoring, and certainly no playing clubs against each other and dancing on a tightrope for months.

17. Oh mate you should see what in the know Manly fans say about Foran. Foran was part of the Stewart and Watmough clique at Manly and when Glenn Stewart was not offered a contract he threw a tantrum along with Watmough and bailed to Parramatta. His performances on the field in 2015 were deliberately deplorable and he had no intention of signing with Manly despite the club throwing everything at him, even pulling DCE's first contract.

It really is a shame he was my favourite player, wasn't the most skilful but the way he played wrecked his body for the club, he was to be our next captain and leader instead he spat the dummy and threw his coach under the bus and ruined his reputation in the process.

BroncsFan likes this.
  18. Foran strung along the Manly management for months saying he intended to sign, he came out publicly saying the same. Then at the start of the 2015 season when Manly had lost DCE to the Titans in order to make sure they got Foran he turned around and announced he was off to the Eels. His performances on the field were abhorrent after that, is it any wonder they were under the microscope with all the investigations of match-fixing last year?

BroncsFan likes this.
  19. BroncsFan

BroncsFan NRL Player

Yeah I can remember something happening where I was like Foran has done the exact same thing i.e. stringing along and then bailing, but there was no outcry from anyone only the media praising parra on the signing