DCE for Game III?

I actually wouldn't mind DCE on the bench.

DCE's bad performances were when he was starting. When he was playing off the bench, apart from the first game in 2014, he was fine.

If it's a bench spot I would actually prefer Hunt over DCE. He offers a little more impact and better defense. It was only one game for sure (Sat night). But what a reminder of what Bens capable off. Maybe it's my bias as I have little time for DCE.

77f470684906e33e9b64a6cccf6b3369

Webster hits the nail on the head. I want to like him but there is just something about the way he talks that is very punctual and to the point trying to sound smarter than he actually is. I was interested to see thats how he is with players also.. I thought it would be the opposite. Maybe he is just a different unit. Only his close friends would know I guess

DCE won't be picked and he shouldn't be. Munster is easily my pick, he has he combo with the other members of the spine and watch the Storm v Roosters game again, he is a pretty special talent and just has to be in the side somewhere.

DCE won't be picked and he shouldn't be. Munster is easily my pick, he has he combo with the other members of the spine and watch the Storm v Roosters game again, he is a pretty special talent and just has to be in the side somewhere.

He will be in the side even if he doesn't play 5/8th IMO. Either centre or off the bench.

I feel sorry for DCE. Is a great player, can speak well and carry himself in a respectful manner but still gets hammered. Would rather his answers than the usual shit clichés trotted out by players with no original thought.

As for the Titans backflip, who wouldn't do the same when the club you have played for for ages, won a premiership with etc offers big money to stay.

I think people need to give the guy a break.

I feel sorry for DCE. Is a great player, can speak well and carry himself in a respectful manner but still gets hammered. Would rather his answers than the usual shit clichés trotted out by players with no original thought.

As for the Titans backflip, who wouldn't do the same when the club you have played for for ages, won a premiership with etc offers big money to stay.

I don't think him staying at Manly is the issue for people. My perception is that people don't like the way he had no intention of even going to the Coast let them think that and they let players go and changed their team around him.

Meanwhile he was driving up his price till he got the deal he wanted at Manly and then took it during the 10 days cooling off.

Nah, he's a twat.

1. Manly.
2. Long neck squinty eyes
3. Manly.
4. Liar/media coached beyond belief.

I still hold the '14 Origin series against him, too.

I don't think him staying at Manly is the issue for people. My perception is that people don't like the way he had no intention of even going to the Coast let them think that and they let players go and changed their team around him.

Meanwhile he was driving up his price till he got the deal he wanted at Manly and then took it during the 10 days cooling off.

He was really smug at the press conference where he announced his backflip on the Titans to re-sign with Manly. I think he expected it would blow over. Yes it has to a degree but his reputation definitely suffered. The fact that there are still articles being written about his unpopularity with various parties is evidence of this.

The thing was, he never intended to go to the Titans. It was always an attempt to railroad the Sea Eagles in to giving him what he wants. Had the Manly deal fallen through, he would have had to play for the Titans, sure, but that was a million-dollar fallback.

I agree with what you said at the start, but it wasn't during the 10 days cooling off. This is when there was a hard date set for contracts to be binding. We're talking literally months of "cooling off" time. That was a long time for a club to make plans, and the Titans not only lost recruitment/retention time, they lost top-line players.

Even on that last week, in the days before the deadline, I was listening to the radio with all the speculation. Finally, DCE himself addressed the concerns and said something along the lines of "my plans have not changed and I do not intend to change them". He didn't say his plan was to play for the Titans though. It was like a thinly-veiled smart-arse answer that he'd played both clubs perfectly and was about to get exactly what he wanted all along.

I don't really give a **** who he screwed over to get his cash. It happens all the time in every sport.

If he is the best option then pick him - this bullshit about "oh he's not a qlder to dog another team like that" is exactly that - bullshit.

Who the **** cares he screwed over the titans? Pretty much everyone on here hates them anyway.

I'm pretty certain being from Mackay, North Qld, DCE would "get" origin.

PS - we give players shit because they can't string two words together, and now we're giving one shit because he is articulate. league truly is the game where you aren't a true fan unless you're bringing down at least one aspect of it.

I'm on the Cherry wagon, not that it seems much of a wagon. I think Morgan is best served staying as our bench utility. i don't see him as a 5/8 and haven't for a long time... he is serviceable and can do the job but I don't think it comes naturally to him. Saturday against the Panthers he looked like he was going through the motions, shovelling the ball around.. he's much better just going at the line. Likewise with Munster, if we didn't need a left centre for the game I'd be on his wagon but fact is he is a great fit to do the job at centre, and a million time better option than anything else on offer. For me just through elimination it leaves Cherry as best option. Don't give a **** that he speaks well and makes people uncomfortable, or has upset peoples moral code by backflipping on the Titans (within the rules that existed at that time). His form is great, kicking great, control great, defends well, runs well, passes well..... but oooh... he doesn't talk like a cliche knob... he backflipped to get a better deal for himself.... **** sake get a grip people... he's vying for Qld 5/8, not Prime minister..... He's the best fit for whats needed... definitely this game... 2018 is another matter.

Webster hits the nail on the head. I want to like him but there is just something about the way he talks that is very punctual and to the point trying to sound smarter than he actually is. I was interested to see thats how he is with players also.. I thought it would be the opposite. Maybe he is just a different unit. Only his close friends would know I guess
Punctual ? Very ' on time ' yes ? Weird.

Punctilious ? Perfunctory ? Perfidious ?

You do get how silly it is to lambast a person for 'trying to sound smarter than he actually is' with an attempt at cleverness yourself ? You've misused a word attempting to do the very same thing !

Active Now

• Astro
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Fatboy
  • Mr Fourex
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Jazza
  • Volvo Driver
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dazza 92
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • jd87
  • Tmac
  • FACTHUNT
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.