DCE for Game III?

Yeah you did twice in the post champ, but whatever.

I'm not buying into all this storm combination.

This is Munster's first year at 5/8 so this combination is only about half a season given byes, injuries and origin.

Munster also has just about zero combination with slater given he's played fullback for the last 2 years whilst Slater has been injured.

And before you bring in that he's had a full off season at 5/8... he also had a full off season last year at left center. As that was the position he was set to play with Green at 6

Must have misunderstood.

Yeah you did twice in the post champ, but whatever.

Must have misunderstood.
Except in my first line I said

"I'm not buying into all this storm combination."

My reference to 5/8 was the fact that his combination as a FIVE EIGHTH with the rest of the spine was half a season old.

I have said that I want him there as left center whereas some are claiming his combination with the rest of the spine is justification enough to pick him at 5/8.

If the combination is based purely on his time with the rest of the team then the combination is still there given I want him at center.

FWIW I want him in the team as the left center and I don't see how his experience with the team counts towards him getting picked at 5/8... given it is less than half an NRL season long at this point

Except in my first line I said

"I'm not buying into all this storm combination."

My reference to 5/8 was the fact that his combination as a FIVE EIGHTH with the rest of the spine was half a season old.

I have said that I want him there as left center whereas some are claiming his combination with the rest of the spine is justification enough to pick him at 5/8.

If the combination is based purely on his time with the rest of the team then the combination is still there given I want him at center.

FWIW I want him in the team as the left center and I don't see how his experience with the team counts towards him getting picked at 5/8... given it is less than half an NRL season long at this point

Who would you like to see at 6 then if combination isn't high on the list?

It can't be Morgan IMO, not enough creativity. It really only leaves DCE or as I've said earlier Smith with Friend at 9.
Personally I'd like it to be Munster with Morgan at centre and maybe DCE on the bench.

It can't be Morgan IMO, not enough creativity. It really only leaves DCE or as I've said earlier Smith with Friend at 9.
Personally I'd like it to be Munster with Morgan at centre and maybe DCE on the bench.
I've said before I would take Norman... he offers a decent left foot kicking game and actually plays left side. Could also jag a try with his running game.

No option is going to replace Thurston and there is minimal time to be making huge changes, so I'd go with a left side half that can provide a kicking game to at least take some pressure off Cronk

I've said before I would take Norman... he offers a decent left foot kicking game and actually plays left side. Could also jag a try with his running game.

No option is going to replace Thurston and there is minimal time to be making huge changes, so I'd go with a left side half that can provide a kicking game to at least take some pressure off Cronk

Fair enough, I thinkNorman has the talent but he is yet to show he is qld origin quality .

Sometimes, all it takes is opportunity for a player to shine. Norman has been good this year showing the control and maturity lacking in previous seasons. Everyone is a novice at some stage but truthfully our options are quite limited. If we go with Norman the disruption will be minimal, it's just swapping out an absolute legend for a total newbie in the most vital part in the team ha ha !

Morgan has a decent kicking game . He defers to JT at the Cowboys . He took on the kicking last month when JT was out . He`s quite capable .

Mmm, some merit to your argument but I don't agree with Kaufusi being unfamiliar with the role ! When you consider his Melbourne teammates would be the ones getting the ball to him and his excellent understanding with Slater as well I'm pretty damn sure he'd be the best qualified to run off them. Kaufusi makes big numbers in defence with the Melbourne spine but it's his try scoring and endurance that makes him a standout and qn obvious selection...what more can you do in a season ? Thaiday by comparison, in the same role has been average if we are being kind but he isn't anywhere near as fit as Kaufusi. Anyway....my opinion matters little.

Just as a comparison, sure stats don't mean too much but still

Off loads: Thaiday 3.....Kaufusi 11
Line breaks: Thaiday 2...Kaufusi 9
Tackle busts: 19 for both
Trys: Thaiday 3..Kaufusi 7
Thaiday has fewer errors but he is on the field for less time by about 20 mins a game. Kaufisi has 200 more tackles to his name !!!

Yeah I was only saying that would be a reason to go with Sam, not necessarily what I'd do. I'm not actually sure who I'd prefer at the moment.

Morgan has a decent kicking game . He defers to JT at the Cowboys . He took on the kicking last month when JT was out . He`s quite capable .

I am a Morgan fan but I think he goes through the motions a bit too much and is easily read inside 20.

I honestly think after they go through the options they will come back to DCE given it being a decider. They will go with experience in the halves.

I think Smith to 6 and Friend 9 is a smokey left field option.

Last edited:
Darius Boyd has a better chance of playing 5/8 than Smith.

Yeah, they are not going to move Smith to the halves. That is assuming they don't have severe brain atrophy by the time they select the teams. It makes no sense.

Even if he's well down the pecking order, you'd have to think this game this arvo has made Walters at least think about about the possibility.

Incredible cut out pass on the left today. (Who said he's a right side only player :P)

Yeah, they are not going to move Smith to the halves. That is assuming they don't have severe brain atrophy by the time they select the teams. It makes no sense.

I try not to call anyone a brain dead **** when they throw a different idea out there but anyway, carry on

DCE probably deserves it. He is very talented and is in form. Two guys who can kick would be good. Morgan's kicking game is not too flash.

DCE probably deserves it. He is very talented and is in form. Two guys who can kick would be good. Morgan's kicking game is not too flash.

It's good enough.

His short kicking is his strong point. His long distance kicking, not so much. But Cronk and Smith will likely be doing the long distance kicking anyway.

Watching DCE tonight, I still have doubts whether he can fit in QLD's game plan. That was always his issue in previous years.

Norman, I have serious doubts over his attitude.

Even if he's well down the pecking order, you'd have to think this game this arvo has made Walters at least think about about the possibility.

Incredible cut out pass on the left today. (Who said he's a right side only player :p)
Haha I never said he couldn't play left...

I think after yesterday that DCE has to be given the spot now.

He has been letting Green do all the management and he just plays off the back of that so it should work with Cronk.

The only issue I foresee is that DCE likes to roam all over the field not just call it when he wants it on the right... so he might get a little stifled next to Cronk and not being able to go to the right.

Doesn't matter how well he has been playing. IF he has proven to be toxic to the team culture then I doubt he will be there. I'm assuming that's what the issue with him is.

Kev doesn't have as much time for DCE as Mal did, there is a good chance Hunt will be on the bench.

Active Now

• Midean
  • bert_lifts
  • Socnorb
  • FACTHUNT
  • Battler
  • Yem
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Brotherdu
  • Strop
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • MrMoore
  • Spooky1013
  • Manifesto
  • broncs30
  • Gray
  • Morkel
  • Rookie Alan
... and 42 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.