Dear NRL HQ & the media...

Why is it calls like going back five tackles and finding fault always seem to happen against us? I’m not a betting man but I’d like to see the odds that the same shit would happen to the Roosters. In fact I don’t think we’ll ever see something as mindless and senseless happen again now that it’s occurred to us.

I have to ask was that even within the rules what they did? Can you call play back that far?

Where does it end? Do we get called back from the sheds to replay the 65th minute because of an infringement and everything that happened after that is wiped? Fekkin mind blowing shit.

who knows with Vlandysball, he has changed the rules so much. but it never used to be, once you got to the next play the ball, that was it. the most the ref could do is put a player on report

I’m actually off Walters and the Broncos for a bit after that press conference too. He needed to fire up. I’m sick of being bent over by the NRL every week and if they can’t defend their fans then why should we bother? We don’t have a backbone anymore. At this point we are enabling their bullshit. Walters said he felt sorry for the fans but not enough to stand up for us.

Sutton was heard on the TV earlier speaking to the bunker. He was saying something like "OK Gamble used a forceful tackle there. That's enough to send him. The bunker could not be heard but on that occasion the bunker advised Sutton that there was not enough evidence to warrant a send off. Sutton almost jizzed his pants when he 'caught' Gamble a second time. You can hear the glee in his voice as he tells the bunker his intentions right before he sends him to the bin. This time he was not letting the bunker talk him out of it (nice brownie points for him with blandy Vlandy no doubt).

Why the Broncos as a club has not issued a statement this morning making comment of the abject stupidity witnessed last night is also mind blowing. their silence can only be understood as they don't care about the team or the supporter base.

Whereas Robinson whinges like an upset schoolgirl when his team is hard done by and the whole universe seems to implode for him.

We're through the looking glass with this administration.

Sutton was heard on the TV earlier speaking to the bunker. He was saying something like "OK Gamble used a forceful tackle there. That's enough to send him. The bunker could not be heard but on that occasion the bunker advised Sutton that there was not enough evidence to warrant a send off. Sutton almost jizzed his pants when he 'caught' Gamble a second time. You can hear the glee in his voice as he tells the bunker his intentions right before he sends him to the bin. This time he was not letting the bunker talk him out of it (nice brownie points for him with blandy Vlandy no doubt).

Why the Broncos as a club has not issued a statement this morning making comment of the abject stupidity witnessed last night is also mind blowing. their silence can only be understood as they don't care about the team or the supporter base.

Whereas Robinson whinges like an upset schoolgirl when his team is hard done by and the whole universe seems to implode for him.

We're through the looking glass with this administration.
I recall him saying something like "I've got this one" to the bunker... as in he was ready to send him off. Might've been the first Gamble shot or even Lodge's shot, but he was talked down by the bunker.

It was at that point I knew we were totally fucked

I recall him saying something like "I've got this one" to the bunker... as in he was ready go and send him off. Might've been the first Gamble shot or even Lodge's shot, but he was talked down by the bunker.

It was at that point I knew we were totally fucked
He wasn't just reluctantly applying a directive from NRL HQ, he was enjoying it. We never stood a chance.

Whilst the NRL's new directive for this weekends games is a ridiculous knee jerk reaction to......well, I dunno tbh. I'm sure even Vlandy didn't want 8 players sinbinned in the first 2 games of the "Tragic Round".

These ref's simply can not apply any directive with common sense. If you consider that all the referee's are a team.....and they have a coach/manager.....whoever that is, needs to be sacked. They should have an ex-player or RL coach......as a coach/manager.

Sutton should be dropped.......he's a complete and utter fuckhead.

Something suss about this guy. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Suttongerrard

And going back an entire set to put a player on report and award a penalty? We've gone from the bunker being in the refs ear too much after it's introduction to being told to stay out and let the refs do their job and now we're back to the start. If it takes them more than 30 seconds to find a penalty, play on. A whole bloody set and they're watching replays to find penalties? Ridiculous.
This did my head in. It meant that we wasted energy tackling for a whole set, only for them to say let's start the set all over again with a penalty. How far back are they allowed to go?

If Manly had scored before the penalty was seen by the bunker, would they go back for the penalty or would they say that Many took the advantage? Why did the bunker have time during actual gameplay to make a ruling on this foul play, but when Oates was hit in the back of the head with an elbow after scoring against the Titans, they didn't have time to observe that despite there being an actual break in play?

I understand sports that I didn't grow up playing/watching much better than what the NRL has turned rugby league into.

This did my head in. It meant that we wasted energy tackling for a whole set, only for them to say let's start the set all over again with a penalty. How far back are they allowed to go?

If Manly had scored before the penalty was seen by the bunker, would they go back for the penalty or would they say that Many took the advantage? Why did the bunker have time during actual gameplay to make a ruling on this foul play, but when Oates was hit in the back of the head with an elbow after scoring against the Titans, they didn't have time to observe that despite there being an actual break in play?

I understand sports that I didn't grow up playing/watching much better than what the NRL has turned rugby league into.
This really doesn’t make sense to me at all. The sin bins, as stupid as they are, at least were explained before the game. As were the piss weak penalties.

But when in the history of the game have you ever played out an entire set before going back to tackle 1 for a minor infringement.

I’ve played back yard footy as a 10 year old against younger siblings that had more integrity than this.

The NRL are facing massive backlash for the opening games of magic round.
Reddit and Twitter are on the warpath against Vlandys.

this is officially the worst weekend of my life.

not only did the Broncos lose, but i'm agreeing with Phil Gould, the Raging Fool, Brandy Alexander and @broncsgoat

**** YOU PETER VLANDYS

The 6 again rule change increases fatigue which causes tackle technique to decline and they thought bringing in this new sin bin rule was a great idea?

What in the actual **** are these fucktards smoking? Last night was a fucking debacle. Vlandy's and certain people on the rules committee are ruining this sport.

If this rule stays, then what Vossy said is correct, we're going to see A LOT of big scorelines because the contests are going to be so lopsided.

Fucking amateur hour at NRL HQ.

If the officiating is consistent and on par with the first two games, we are looking at 30+ sin bins this round.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • Spoon
  • Scorchie
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.