Dear NRL HQ & the media...

Looks like the media is picking up the negative feedback

Great, so there'll be a change after our game. Excellent.
100% there will be a change... there will be hardly any sin binnings from now on and instead players will just be put on report.

The media won't bother discussing how two games have been ruined already and will instead mention that the game has taken the feedback mid-round and changed the rules again

100% there will be a change... there will be hardly any sin binnings from now on and instead players will just be put on report.

The media won't bother discussing how two games have been ruined already and will instead mention that the game has taken the feedback mid-round and changed the rules again
If they do change it mid round how in the **** does that comply with the integrity of fair competition? Tonight has been an utter farce in both games and has completely killed the entire mood of magic round.

The even bigger farce will be when coaches start coaching players to fall in tackles to get a small clip in the head to get the opposition reduced to 12 man.

Is the rule if a team cannnot field 10 or more players at a given time then the game gets forfeited? We might see the first forfeit in the modern professional era when Tedesco suits up tomorrow and falls into half a dozen tackles

If they do change it mid round how in the **** does that comply with the integrity of fair competition? Tonight has been an utter farce in both games and has completely killed the entire mood of magic round.

The even bigger farce will be when coaches start coaching players to fall in tackles to get a small clip in the head to get the opposition reduced to 12 man.

Is the rule if a team cannnot field 10 or more players at a given time then the game gets forfeited? We might see the first forfeit in the modern professional era when Tedesco suits up tomorrow and falls into half a dozen tackles
Happened tonight. Herbie did it first and the Manly winger tried it at the end of the game too.

The NRL are facing massive backlash for the opening games of magic round.
Reddit and Twitter are on the warpath against Vlandys.

I understand their thoughts in being tough on headshots for a while to get the message across. But why start this process this weekend. Magic round supposed to be the showcase of Rugby League. All teams coming together as a sporting spectacle. Instead they have given the impression our sport is played by nothing short of thugs. Sadly, now that they’ve started, it will continue through the rest of the 'Magic Round' you would think. This weekend at Lang Park will set our sport back many years and our competitors in RU, AFL and the round ball will be laughing their fucking heads off in disbelief.

The biggest own-goal in the history of this once great game. The people’s game has been ruined to satisfy the whims of few fat cat *****!!!

The NRL are facing massive backlash for the opening games of magic round.
Reddit and Twitter are on the warpath against Vlandys.

What is Gould complaining about? He has had his tongue so far up Vlandys ass he can tickle his tonsils. You wanted this Gus so don’t whinge now that it’s here.

They fucked it up big time.

Same as last year when they introduced the six again out of nowhere, any team that gets behind in possession will get further behind because it's the defensive teams that concede penalties. The six again just let the refs make calls they weren't before because they knew if they blew the pea out the whistle for every minor infraction they'd get crucified for slowing down the game. Instead they'd just wave their arms, the game continues and the defending team gets more and more fatigued. Presto, blow out scores.

Now these "any contact with the head" penalties/send offs are just adding to that, it's a defensive penalty.

And going back an entire set to put a player on report and award a penalty? We've gone from the bunker being in the refs ear too much after it's introduction to being told to stay out and let the refs do their job and now we're back to the start. If it takes them more than 30 seconds to find a penalty, play on. A whole bloody set and they're watching replays to find penalties? Ridiculous.

Gorden Tallis:

“It ruins the spectacle, the game is the star. Accidents happen. Tyson Gamble’s tackle was not a send off. When he came across the field, he went to stop him from going in in the corner, and he hits the ball and his bicep hits him slightly on the chin. I'd hit a mozzie harder than that on my leg — that is not a sin bin. The game is as clean as it’s ever been.”

“It’s the game I love but it’s a version I’m not liking at the moment. The game is tough an all that, and I know we've got to clean it up, but it's Magic Round and we want people here, and want kids to play the game, it’s as safe as its ever been. NRL is different than junior rugby league and you’re jumping at shadows and to have a Magic Round and a showpiece, I think it’s ruining it.”

Corey Parker:

“That’s two in the last couple of minutes, 13 plays 11 if that’s a sin bin. You may say it’s unnecessary but we’re coming into an Origin series and it’s where there are going to be some bodies on the line, passion and emotions. Boy oh boy.”

“The standard has been set by what actually goes on in the coming weeks and coming games here at Suncorp."

Ennis:

“Jordan Riki, it was what we’ve seen for a long time but as you’ve seen there’s a clear directive to get any sort of contact with the head out of the game. If it’s contact with the head it’s contact with the head. It isn’t the game Corey and I played. It’s changed, and changed quickly. I don’t like seeing games like these where players are in the sin bin for minor contact.”

“I get your frustration that Brisbane have lost two blokes but the directive is that they don’t want contact with the head. It is what it is. Whether we like it or not, whether it’s the game we played …”

Greg Alexander:

“The foul play banner is an over-reaction because the Bunker and the referees missed a couple of things in the last few weeks. The James Tedesco high shot from Jordan Pereira, should have been sent off, the Drew Hutchison knees in the back from Dylan Brown was missed by everyone on the field and in the Bunker. Now all of a sudden we need to be stronger on the high shots.”

“I don’t want to see players off the field for an over-reaction”.

McHunt

Why is it calls like going back five tackles and finding fault always seem to happen against us? I’m not a betting man but I’d like to see the odds that the same shit would happen to the Roosters. In fact I don’t think we’ll ever see something as mindless and senseless happen again now that it’s occurred to us.

I have to ask was that even within the rules what they did? Can you call play back that far?

Where does it end? Do we get called back from the sheds to replay the 65th minute because of an infringement and everything that happened after that is wiped? Fekkin mind blowing shit.

Where does it end? Do we get called back from the sheds to replay the 65th minute because of an infringement and everything that happened after that is wiped? Fekkin mind blowing shit.

Imagine if they did that when Dylan Brown was put on report at halftime?

"Sorry guys, Dylan is on report and we're going back to the first half, back out on to field and we'll see you at the second halftime"

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Lozza
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Culhwch
  • Broncorob
  • Big Del
  • Santa
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • FACTHUNT
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrTickyMcG
  • cento
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.