NEWS Dearden a ray of light on a gloomy weekend

The thing that gets me about K. Hunt is the bastard could of been a ten year captain. All the skill, charisma and leadership in the world. He went to the dark side with AFL and I'm sure looking back he might do things differently. That said, provided he is fit enough, I would take him in a heartbeat. I'm not sure he has the speed to still play fullback but he could lead a world better than anyone on the side tomorrow.

The thing that gets me about K. Hunt is the bastard could of been a ten year captain. All the skill, charisma and leadership in the world. He went to the dark side with AFL and I'm sure looking back he might do things differently. That said, provided he is fit enough, I would take him in a heartbeat. I'm not sure he has the speed to still play fullback but he could lead a world better than anyone on the side tomorrow.
I wonder if he could play a similar role to Benji at the Rabbitohs. Come off the bench and do some organising and linking in a pseudo half role. He should have a pretty good long kick in him too.

He’s really old and a long time out of the game though

I wonder if he could play a similar role to Benji at the Rabbitohs. Come off the bench and do some organising and linking in a pseudo half role. He should have a pretty good long kick in him too.

He’s really old and a long time out of the game though
When you say he’s really old is he not the same age as Morris twins one of which currently leads the Dally Ms?

When you say he’s really old is he not the same age as Morris twins one of which currently leads the Dally Ms?
Yes but the Morris twins have been the gold standard in their positions for over a decade. Hunt has been in the wilderness, it’s not the same kind of old.

Hunt spent a great number of years preserving his body in AFL and then Union. Like Folau, his body should have a good 2 - 3 extra good years in him compared to a career League player.

I want him back at the Broncos, now, even if he's not quite ready to play for us, but to get him back to that level and get him around our young squad. He may have gone apeshit off the field, but in terms of training, prep, and professionalism, I've never heard anything but positives about him.

Yes but the Morris twins have been the gold standard in their positions for over a decade. Hunt has been in the wilderness, it’s not the same kind of old.
Oh sorry - my bad.

Hunt spent a great number of years preserving his body in AFL and then Union. Like Folau, his body should have a good 2 - 3 extra good years in him compared to a career League player.

I want him back at the Broncos, now, even if he's not quite ready to play for us, but to get him back to that level and get him around our young squad. He may have gone apeshit off the field, but in terms of training, prep, and professionalism, I've never heard anything but positives about him.
I liked this because it’s all true, can’t argue with any of it.

But... I can’t help shaking that awful feeling the bold could easily have been said about Boyd - and we all saw how that played out over the last couple of years.

Last edited:
I liked this because it’s all true, can’t argue with any of it.

But... I can’t help shaking that awful feeling the bold could easily have been said about Boyd - and we all saw how that played out over the last couple of years.

But Hunt wouldn't be on a big contract, he wouldn't be guaranteed a start AND he won't be captain. This is a big difference.

But Hunt wouldn't be on a big contract, he wouldn't be guaranteed a start AND he won't be captain. This is a big difference.
That wasn’t really my point.

Boyd was apparently the consummate professional, trained the house down, prepared better than anyone else, set the examples etc. etc.

Didn’t seem to help any of the young kids, at least not from the outside looking in.

Boyd was apparently the consummate professional, trained the house down, prepared better than anyone else, set the examples etc. etc.

Didn’t seem to help any of the young kids, at least not from the outside looking in.
Glenn is the same really. All they can do is set the example of how to do things off the field and how to train.

Glenn is the same really. All they can do is set the example of how to do things off the field and how to train.
My biggest concern is the audience. Some of these kids need a Shane Webcke or a Brad Thorn. They only had to look at a young buck and they knew they’d messed up.

If we could get Hunt back in the team even at 75% of what he used to be, it would immediately make us a better team on his own performances alone. But just like Boyd and Glenn, I’m not sure he would be able to give these kids the look they need to pull their head in.

TBF, that’s not isolated to the Broncos. Kids today are mostly either just plain stupid or know everything. Or both.

Yeah I guess, but both of them where never at the level Hunt was as a player before though so It's not improbable. He was playing for the Wallabies recently as well before he did his next drug binge too.

Benji is a good example of a player that can start high dip, then recover.

Last edited:

It may not be the point but it is a totally relevant to the point you were trying to point out, and that's my point.

Anywho, Karmichael talks and he talks in the in-goal, he talks while defending and he talks in attack, at least he did in the one game sample of last week. This is something Boyd rarely ever did and Glenn NEVER seems to do.

I am not saying he will be the best signing ever or that he will fix everything up but he is a mature head and him (along with Teo in my opinion) would be more willing and able to provide direction than our current captain does or is capable of doing. It also would provide much needed leadership help to said captain which he currently has almost nothing of.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • lynx000
  • Brocko
  • KateBroncos1812
  • kiwi2
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • Waynesaurus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • The Strapper
  • Jazza
  • Cavalo
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.