May 27, 2013
Season 1 Nbc GIF by Law & Order

Happy for Timmy D

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
He's certainly improved out of sight this season. Hope he goes well.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
He's certainly improved out of sight this season. Hope he goes well.
Look for the sake of Queensland I hope he has a blinder plays well and all. But on the contrary he isn't up to it. Whilst yes he has improved relative to where he was last year I don't regret losing him one bit. For mine he is a passenger in a spine that is just clicking on all cylinders at the moment. Got some of the in form spine players in the comp on his team in FB, HF & HK. Not to mention a group of players around that spine that are clicking this season. Cant always smack the kid down where credit is due he is winning and playing origin. In my opinion he still plays very much in a schoolboy elk and is not gonna lead the team around the park but I guess he doesn't have to. Regardless of my feelings on him as a footy player he seems a great young man and always had a go for us. If your skill is ever in doubt in this arena you want to hope you have a go and play with a bit of heart and there is no question he does both. Will be excited to see him play his heart out and then afterwards shit the bed in Cowboys quest for top 4 footy.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
He was 19, thrown into the deep end, playing behind a beaten forward pack week in and week out, playing in a side that was constantly changing due to injuries and indecision by the coaching staff.. He was doomed the moment he stepped foot into the NRL. He needed stability, he didn't have it.

He has it at the Cowboys and he's killing it as a result. It's good to see. He's starting to live up to the hype. Hopefully the kid continues his upward trajectory. If he does, when he hits his prime in his late 20's, he's going to be quite the half.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
He was 19, thrown into the deep end, playing behind a beaten forward pack week in and week out, playing in a side that was constantly changing due to injuries and indecision by the coaching staff.. He was doomed the moment he stepped foot into the NRL. He needed stability, he didn't have it.

He has it at the Cowboys and he's killing it as a result. It's good to see. He's starting to live up to the hype. Hopefully the kid continues his upward trajectory. If he does, when he hits his prime in his late 20's, he's going to be quite the half.
Beaten forward pack isn't entirely true though. We made metres and won the middle in a lot of games, but everytime we got to the other end of the field Milf/Dearden and all the other useless halves botched it.

That's the biggest difference since we've got Reynolds, we actually take advantage of field position now, before it wasted effort.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
He's still a pretty average kicker though

He is but that is also why he is probably really a better 6 than 7. With Hunt and DCE in the side tonight though, he doesn't need to do it really.

A

Astro

QCup Player
Jun 27, 2014
It's amazing what these effort type players can do in a good team. Well done Tommy.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
I understand the circumstances but jeez I would have loved to see how he would have gone beside Reynolds.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I understand the circumstances but jeez I would have loved to see how he would have gone beside Reynolds.

Yeah for sure but Mam doesn’t go there bad there just quietly. Both Dearden and Mam are good defenders too.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
There were too many expectations on him when he was at the Broncos. I probably said it half a dozen times but I always thought you shouldn't really judge halves until they are a few years into their 20s, they have so much development to do. Hookers too, which is why I don't want Mozer rushed into the side.
Good for him, glad he's going well, maybe the Broncos can pinch him back if he keeps developing and Reynolds retires.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
There were too many expectations on him when he was at the Broncos. I probably said it half a dozen times but I always thought you shouldn't really judge halves until they are a few years into their 20s, they have so much development to do. Hookers too, which is why I don't want Mozer rushed into the side.
Good for him, glad he's going well, maybe the Broncos can pinch him back if he keeps developing and Reynolds retires.
He’s been playing very well as a supporting 5/8 parked on the left, I still wouldn’t want him to be the main half in my side though.

The cows are going to have to upgrade Dearden, Robson, and Drinkwater who are all off contract at the end of next year I think (Dearden at the end of 2024 apparently). No shot they keep them all with other blokes like jt13 and Holmes on insane cash. Add in the other kids they’ll need to upgrade and it’s going to be chaos.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Sproj
  • westy316
  • pennywisealfie
  • Strop
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • Organix
  • Allo
  • BroncosMan
  • Ffs...
  • the_next
  • thenry
  • Brocko
  • Dash
  • Spooky1013
  • Fatboy
  • mrslong
  • Lurker
  • ezpz
... and 51 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.