Dell's League return *news story added*

W

wally

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Just saw this article... Haha i didn't even know that Dell was signing with the Dragons let alone allowed to play again in 6 weeks.. (it's from the ever so reliable Danny Weidler, but was still newsto me)

Wendell Sailor ready for league return

Wendell Sailor hasn't played rugby league since 2001 but these exclusive pictures reveal that the former Brisbane Bronco is well on his way to ensuring his fitness it up to scratch.

This is Wendell Sailor toughening up and trimming down.

He's dropped five kilograms since Christmas as he trains for his return to the NRL with the Dragons in six weeks.

Sailor left rugby league for rugby union, making his debut for the Queensland Reds in 2002 before representing the Wallabies and the NSW Waratahs.

In May 2006, Sailor was suspended from the Waratahs side after testing positive for cocaine.

But after a two year absence thanks to that drug suspension Sailor says he won't walk straight back into the big time .

"I can have a couple of weeks you know, in park football or whatever and do whatever it takes to play in the top grade," he said.

Sailor knows where he wants to play when he returns:

"I think it would only make sense for me to start on the wing first, that comes second nature to me," Sailor explained.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=418131

How old is Dell 32/33?? How many years is he even going to have left in him? maybe he should of just gave it away... see what he's like when he makes his return though i suppose.

Re: Dell's League return

I'm surprised that he thinks he'd still play on the wing. I thought he'd be far too slow for that these days and would be a backrower.

Jazza said:
I'm surprised that he thinks he'd still play on the wing. I thought he'd be far too slow for that these days and would be a backrower.
Well he can't dance, so he's got to do something.

Jazza said:

i do remember reading that the dragons wanted to sign him as a back rower.

Forget his age, he hasn't been playing for how long now, and in his time off niggling injuries would have gone and so on....remember
Peachy came back after a little break and carved, I expect Dell to do the same, in fact if hes on the wing when we play then next I fear for our wingers.

I think some people are forgetting how good he use to be, and now hes coming back to prove a point.

I'm a fan.... go Dell.

Aeetee said:
I think some people are forgetting how good he use to be
He certainly was the best of the best... icon_thumbs_u

...are you taking note Darius? [icon_razz1

WB will get the most of what he has left, if he end up at the Saints.

hmmm lets have some rumour fun:

Del has been assigned a personal trainer from the Drgaons but he isnt as fit as he should be and is not meeting St George's weight/fitness targets. If he doesnt improve quickly Saints might not sign him. If that is the case, an old pal from another club might throw him a lifeline and 'sort him out'.

[eusa_eh

cam said:
hmmm lets have some rumour fun:
Del has been assigned a personal trainer from the Drgaons but he isnt as fit as he should be and is not meeting St George's weight/fitness targets. If he doesnt improve quickly Saints might not sign him. If that is the case, an old pal from another club might throw him a lifeline and 'sort him out'.
[eusa_eh
That's old news cam. The latest is:
Dell has lost some weight, a heap of speed, gotten dumber and is taking the same 'make me white' drugs as Michael Jackson. Rumoured soon to be changing his name to Darius so he can get a run at the Broncs. [icon_ee [icon_ee

In the words of Scotty. At least he'll be able to find the white line.

Aeetee said:
Forget his age, he hasn't been playing for how long now, and in his time off niggling injuries would have gone and so on....remember
Peachy came back after a little break and carved, I expect Dell to do the same, in fact if hes on the wing when we play then next I fear for our wingers.

I think some people are forgetting how good he use to be, and now hes coming back to prove a point.

I'm a fan.... go Dell.
icon_thumbs_u What he said.

Flicked onto the footy show and Dell is looking fit.Fight to be telecast on the show next week they said.

i still come from the thought of why put some 1 on contract at that age and possibly lose some of your younger players.

i always think a year or 2 ahead. But the dragons are desperate for a trophy so dell will give them confidence if nothing else. if he wants to play wing i think he will be suprised with the speed these days.

Kee said:
Aeetee said:

I'm a fan.... go Dell.
icon_thumbs_u What he said.

Flicked onto the footy show and Dell is looking fit.Fight to be telecast on the show next week they said.

May 1st the fights going to be on the footy show i think they said.

Can't wait for Dells returm, Dragons are now my second team!

I was a big fan of Dell when he played for us. Was sad when he left for rugby. But now im happy again. I can't wait to see him in action. :D

spoonbled said:
i still come from the thought of why put some 1 on contract at that age and possibly lose some of your younger players.

He is a draw card. That is why he got paid so much to join Union.

feel sorry for guys like the Morris bros, will be hard to get a start if Dell is there to get bums in seats for the 1st few matches back.

Be good to see Dell again.

Now, when is Lote returning to the Broncos?

1. Hunt
2. Tuquiri
3. Hodges
4. Falou
5. Michaels
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace

_woohoo_

ohyeah said:
Will Tupou for Michaels icon_thumbs_u

He hasn't played in the NRL yet, lets not jump the gun!

Hammo that backline looks farken awesome but I have a feeling Lote won't be coming back to league. Stupid Union stealing our players [icon_non

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • Allo
  • KickHaas
  • Xzei
  • Tmac
  • Bish
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosarethebest
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.