RUMOUR Did Brodie Croft just become a Bronco over brunch at a Sydney cafe?

Dazza 92

NRL Player
sliding doors moment; from the above article;

"...Croft was a winger in his schoolboy days before being developed into a halfback..."

So was Cooper Cronk when he was playing with Smith and Slater at Wynnum Manly..! (hope it was Wynuum..??)

kooly87

QCup Player
sliding doors moment; from the above article;

"...Croft was a winger in his schoolboy days before being developed into a halfback..."

So was Cooper Cronk when he was playing with Smith and Slater at Wynnum Manly..! (hope it was Wynuum..??)
Norths, and he was initially a Lock Forward from memory.

Last edited:

ostin86

QCup Player
Milford trimming down might help his running game, but it won't make him a good Fullback. You need a special kind of work ethic to be a good Fullback, I can't see Milford suddenly being willing & able to take 8-9 more runs per game than he was doing during his Fullback stint this season.
That is definitely a major concern. I think if we start stringing some wins together, than Milf might show more of what he is capable of. When Milf is on fire he goes looking for the ball and is a lot more involved. Given our performances in the latter part of the season and our horrible halves combination, I think it was almost impossible to get a good gauge on what he could offer at fullback.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
The fact he's from Brisbane just pisses me off. About time the Storm started developing from their own backyard.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
This would be an absolutely disaster.

We should not sign Brodie Croft. He is just another young unproven halves player and from what I've seen, Nikorima is better than him.

We need experience in the halves.
Nikorima isn't better than anyone. Need to jump off that wagon I think.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
We will probably have one of their local juniors with us next year. To'Omaga or whatever his name is.
He is Victorian? Sounds like a traditional Victorian name. Is Tohu Harris still the only Vic player to play NRL? And they got rid of him.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
He is Victorian? Sounds like a traditional Victorian name. Is Tohu Harris still the only Vic player to play NRL? And they got rid of him.
Tohu Harris? He was born in NZ and played all his junior footy there.

The only player I'm aware of from Victoria that's played in the NRL is Young Tonumaipea, and even he was born in Samoa.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
Tohu Harris? He was born in NZ and played all his junior footy there.

The only player I'm aware of from Victoria that's played in the NRL is Young Tonumaipea, and even he was born in Samoa.
My mistake. I wonder where I heard that.

McHunt

NRL Player
Sunshine Coast
The difference between the way Seibold and Bellamy do things is how they've handled Boyd and Croft respectively.

Everyone in the league could see what a dud Boyd was, yet Seibold persisted with him right up until the last game, and now we are likely stuck with him as no one in their right mind would take him off our hands.

Meanwhile, the Storm charge to the top of the table led by Croft, who is mysteriously dumped before the finals. Good luck getting to the bottom of why, but Bellamy will have a good reason. He might not be wanted by Melbourne, but his market value is intact. He is still highly desirable to us. In fact, we hope he can save our club.

Fuckin hell.

Last edited:

State of Origin Rep
The fact he's from Brisbane just pisses me off. About time the Storm started developing from their own backyard.
This antiquated notion of juniors and Wayne Pearce being born across the road from Leichhardt as the way to go has no place.

How many Brisbane players in the game against the Eels? I count zero.

You don’t have to be from where your team is located. Development has left that well behind. Development now is players being in your system and making their debut for you. No one should care if they’re from another planet.

Roosters get bagged for not having juniors but their development meant 10 players made their debut with the Roosters in a GF winning side that’s A1 development.

Last edited:

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Same as early this week when I said tactical and purposeful. Fox staff weren’t just having a coffee and smashed avocado with Croft and Seibold two tables over.
Today didn't really seem purposeful to me, it seemed like someone who worked at the cafe noticed them together, snapped a quick picture & sold it, along with the grainy CCTV footage to Fox, looking to make a bit of cash.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
This antiquated notion of juniors and Wayne Pearce being born across the road from Leichhardt as the way to go has no place.

How many Brisbane players in the game against the Eels? I count zero.

You don’t have to be from where your team is located. Development has left that well behind. Development now is players being in your system and making their debut for you. No one should care if they’re from another planet.

Roosters get bagged for not having juniors but their development meant 10 players made their debut with the Roosters- that’s A1 development.
I count a few at least. Was Melbourne brought in to grow the game?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter