RUMOUR Did Brodie Croft just become a Bronco over brunch at a Sydney cafe?

I seriously don't understand the gap fest over Dearden. He's literally done NOTHING so far in the NRL.

Him compared to Croft who has won multiple games and has a lot more experience than Dearden.

I seriously don't get this forum sometimes.

Croft makes the most sense. He's a genuine 7 besides what people are saying about him. He's clearly an upgrade from Hunt cause he can kick and ice field goals.

He's from the Bellamy mould of coaching which is what Seibold prefers. They'll need to be some cap juggling for sure..

Bird may not get pickup up by a rival club which means we may just have to keep him and play him at 1. It'll have to be Seggy and Glenn who don't get resigned and that money will go to Croft's first year contract.

Then once Boyd is forced to retire and Bird might fly the coup, we will have the money to give him 500k, and a fair bit of extra coin to finally make some big plays with our roster; figure out the fullback issue we have.

But he isn't a genuine 7 , he was a winger.
[automerge]1569492365[/automerge]
Yet this year we had a 9 they were getting to play 7.

Wtf is wrong with this place haha
Yeah right??

Last edited:
If I read another fantasy post about Jack Bird shifting to full-back, I'm gonna dive into the Pacific Ocean and sever some internet cables.

Last edited:
If we don't sign a fullback soon it might be ok because Back Jird might not be leaving the club afterall..

He could play 1

@1910, Do you think Sam Scarlett will have the talent to make it into first grade ?

@1910, Do you think Sam Scarlett will have the talent to make it into first grade ?

I see it differently. I want us to sign Croft before the Storm realise their mistake.

Take Smith out of the Storms spine and they suddenly have no organising spine player.
I think Bellyache is pushing hard for the premiership because he knows soon Melbs will be in our situation post Locky. Those type of players are not just replaced.

If I read another fantasy post about Jack Bird shifting to full-back, I'm gonna dive into the Pacific Ocean and sever some internet cables.
He’s the best option on our books atm.

Edit: My internet is currently very laggy.

Last edited:
Whats your issue with it. Strong runner, good pass and no slouch in d. I heard he wants to play fullback and thats part of his reasons for asking to test the field.

Milf could do it also if he reaches a top level of coditioning. The skill set required for a position is both fixed and flexible to an extent. We are not just going to pick up a Tedesco from some place who has it all and then some. Bird has a lot more positives in his skill set for fullback then negatives.

I went looking for more highlights and couldn't find many.

That said, I cam across this with Croft playing wing:

He is pretty balanced, quick, nice pass and an impressive short kicking game. I have no idea on his long kicking BUT watching this video, why on earth did the Broncs ever let Ponga go??

There's every chance they know for a fact he's got talent in spades. Just like there's a damn good chance not everyone can buy into Bellamy's coaching style. Just hope this isn't at the expense of Dearden's development. I hope Dearden gets a proper shot in the halves.

Same bro. I've got high hopes for Dearden.

This would be an absolutely disaster.

We should not sign Brodie Croft. He is just another young unproven halves player and from what I've seen, Nikorima is better than him.

We need experience in the halves.

Like who?

It isn’t all that difficult to imagine that quality ‘experienced’ halves aren’t exactly running around without a contract just hoping that a club is looking for just such a player to bolster their roster...

by that standard then Cronk isn't a genuine 7
Understand what your saying but cronk is a freak ,and how many players have been able to do the same . So no not by the same standard, which is obviously why he's on the outer in Melbourne.

I have a feeling that Croft and Ponga may be renewing their schooldays association in the not too distant future as Broncos 7 and 1.

While waiting for Ponga i suggest make Croft a vice captain to deal with any issues when Lodgey is off the field.

Wasn't Peter Wallace from Melbourne? Shaun Nona (I can't remember his name but he was a winger who I think went to rugby??) Am I just making stuff up?
Wallace is from penrith (st marys)

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • bazza
  • Lurker
  • azza.79
  • KateBroncos1812
  • The Strapper
  • Big Del
  • BroncosAlways
  • achievedrap
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • kiwi2
  • Old Mate
  • NSW stables
  • bb_gun
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.