Don Furner takes swipe at the broncos again (butthurt)

This tosser should be more concerned about his employment options once he gets the boot. He is trying to take the heat off his inept display at the Raiders
good luck Don, I wouldn't give you the time of day

If it wasn't for his last name I doubt he would still be at the Raiders?. We have won 4 premierships since Canberra last won a title Don so I would be more concerned about my own team than taking shots at another.

Throwing stones in glasshouses anyone?

The only thing I can think of is we've all but signed Milford and waiting for November 1st to announce it. And if their office weren't dumb enough to put the clause in his contract, they wouldn't have this problem to begin with.

This sounds like their way of trying to point the finger at anyone but themselves for the shambles they're currently in.

Shouldn't his issue be with the Dragons? They have more ex-Canberra players than any other team in the comp.

I'm pretty sure even Canberra fans would be a little frustrated over this article and its (ir)rationale. @Bushman, what do you think about this outburst by Don? What's his end goal or has he just lost the plot entirely?
Honestly mate I love it, he's not sitting back being a whipping boy like previously, previous years they've been too timid and gone with whatever shit has happened to em so it's good to see em get fired up.

End game not sure if there even is one, he might just be letting off steam, having a go at the evil empire, rubbing it in to your management the problems they have, if there is an end game could be to let you guys we're not taking your shit and to back or to keep the Broncs in the media in potentially a bad light since many clubs aren't happy with current method of recruitment.

Letting off steam is very possible though as has been a very drama filled year for him, Dugan, Fergo, Milf, sacking his brother and a father figure having to resign, tough emotional year in anyone's book.

Shouldn't his issue be with the Dragons? They have more ex-Canberra players than any other team in the comp.
Taking our rejects isn't something to be angry about though, more pity. The only one they've got that we wanted to keep was Thommo who was offered too much money for what he's shown so far in his injury plagued career.

Taking our rejects isn't something to be angry about though, more pity. The only one they've got that we wanted to keep was Thommo who was offered too much money for what he's shown so far in his injury plagued career.

Yeah they are only rejects when you loose them:rolleyes:. You talk so much shit.

Yeah they are only rejects when you loose them:rolleyes:. You talk so much shit.
Who exactly did we want to keep besides Thommo who I've already admitted? Ill give ya Sam Williams but he was in reserve grade behind McCrone (which I personally didn't agree with) and HO view Cornish as our long term halfback so basically Williams was our 3rd choice halfback, not worth fighting for.

Last edited:
I'll reserve judgement on some of Furner's comments until I see what opportunities we give Strasser/Taylor/Cullen

Furner can talk as much shit as he wants. Canberra were going well sitting in 6th place until Dave opened his big mouth about the Broncos circling Milford. Guess what happened after that? They didn't win a game and finished behind the Broncos. Let's hope that trend continues.

IMO, Furner in this situations is displaying the definition of hypocrisy. They sign a head coach from another club while he is under contract and then whinge about us signing a development officer from them. i don't think even Raiders fans could argue about that, though i'm sure they'll try over at the greenhouse

The other joke coming from that article is where Furner says he doesn't know why we don't develop our own kids .... that is a joke statement considering we spend more on development programs than any other club, Raiders included.

Honestly bushman I don't know how you can like your CEO saying this garbage and keep
Any credibility. Fair enough if he was making fair points but that drivel was embarassing

Active Now

• Dash
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • The Don
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • GCBRONCO
  • theshed
  • Lostboy
  • Bish
  • broncoscope
  • NSW stables
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Fatboy
  • Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Browny
  • Kev_Guz
  • Financeguy
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.