Don Furner takes swipe at the broncos again (butthurt)

Honestly bushman I don't know how you can like your CEO saying this garbage and keep
Any credibility. Fair enough if he was making fair points but that drivel was embarassing
Put it this way, if someone you care about has taken shit their whole life, never fought back and always kept their mouth shut, wouldn't you enjoy seeing em go off even if it was a bit over the top, hopefully it signals a change in attitude

IMO, Furner in this situations is displaying the definition of hypocrisy. They sign a head coach from another club while he is under contract and then whinge about us signing a development officer from them. i don't think even Raiders fans could argue about that, though i'm sure they'll try over at the greenhouse

The other joke coming from that article is where Furner says he doesn't know why we don't develop our own kids .... that is a joke statement considering we spend more on development programs than any other club, Raiders included.

Hehe I'll try :)

Stuart had an iron clad escape clause, half the board wanted him sacked so he jumped before pushed. Development officer, no clause and if I recall actually had a non compete clause (which is standard in a lot of business), so if the Raiders wanted to be as big a pricks as made out they could take it to court and stop him working there. (How'd I go?)

haha the develop your own is obviously a joke and a stir up (I've made the same comment in jest a few times), he knows you guys spend a shitload and his big push with the NRL about junior development allowances would be a boom for you guys as well, but with your recruitment drive, hiring our recruiter and push to sign up stars it does show there's a problem with your current development, not 1 player in the u20s kangaroo or kiwi squad a few weeks back.

Last edited:
He's just starting to feel the rug being pulled from under his feet, and knows that loosing the Logan area will be catastrophic for the club. They have nothing to attract players and if the Broncos take away their nursery, he knows the Raiders will become even less significant in the NRL panorama.

He's got the Don Quixote look going already, might as well chase a few windmills as well...:thefinger:

Hehe I'll try :)

Stuart had an iron clad escape clause, half the board wanted him sacked so he jumped before pushed. Development officer, no clause and if I recall actually had a non compete clause (which is standard in a lot of business), so if the Raiders wanted to be as big a pricks as made out they could take it to court and stop him working there. (How'd I go?)

haha the develop your own is obviously a joke and a stir up (I've made the same comment in jest a few times), he knows you guys spend a ****load and his big push with the NRL about junior development allowances would be a boom for you guys as well, but with your recruitment drive, hiring our recruiter and push to sign up stars it does show there's a problem with your current development, not 1 player in the u20s kangaroo or kiwi squad a few weeks back.
Well the recruitment and development seem to be going well from my perspective. Who will be the next Raider to bail?

He's just starting to feel the rug being pulled from under his feet, and knows that loosing the Logan area will be catastrophic for the club. They have nothing to attract players and if the Broncos take away their nursery, he knows the Raiders will become even less significant in the NRL panorama.

He's got the Don Quixote look going already, might as well chase a few windmills as well...:thefinger:
Haven't lost Logan we're still there just now theres competition, plus that's hardly our only nursery.

Haha nah, we had 4 players in the u20s test and only 1 was a Qlder, Logan has been a bonus for us but not our bread and butter.

And it's not you, or the raiders
Or us if he is forced to sit out the season....it's bs though, the contract clearly says he can leave if his dad's health becomes an issue to his playing. Raiders are surely out of potions if they challenge it legally.

Or us if he is forced to sit out the season....it's bs though, the contract clearly says he can leave if his dad's health becomes an issue to his playing. Raiders are surely out of potions if they challenge it legally.

I think it's massively unlikely that he will have to sit out the year. All his manager would have to do is run reports of heavy interest from the reds, lions, roar, hell the firebirds and the nrl will step in. After everything that has happened the nrl won't let one of the brightest stars of the future be lost to union or alike over homesickness

This is a quote from the article about Milford not returning to the raiders

Raiders chief executive Don Furner said yesterday the club would not activate the family-illness clause unless ordered to do so by the NRL if mediation is required.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...canberra-raiders/story-fniabjcr-1226747648199

worst case scenario, imo, Milford and the Raiders go to mediation --- Ayoub threatens that they will leave league never to return --- NRL order the Raiders to activate the family illness clause, to prevent him leaving the code (possibly only allowing Milford to be on the same money for 2014) --- Broncos and Titans to fight it out for his signature

This is a quote from the article about Milford not returning to the raiders

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

worst case scenario, imo, Milford and the Raiders go to mediation --- Ayoub threatens that they will leave league never to return --- NRL order the Raiders to activate the family illness clause, to prevent him leaving the code (possibly only allowing Milford to be on the same money for 2014) --- Broncos and Titans to fight it out for his signature

I like dis second scenario. And they'd have to....oh my, lookin good. I'd personally prefer Karmichael Hunt. Now's his time to nominate his availability!

All reports were the clause being about Halos health deteriorating which according to Milf himself is not the case his dads health is improving and better than expected to be at this stage, it's all speculation though as we haven't seen the contract but if the reports are true then the clause wouldn't need to activated as the conditions haven't been met and if that's the case a legal challenge would surely fail. Best bet is if the Raiders either back down and let him go or the NRL steps in and nullifies a legal contract in which case the Raiders might challenge it in court.

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • broncos4life
  • Gaz
  • sooticus
  • Big Del
  • Old Mate
  • Bish
  • Spike
  • theshed
  • Aldo
  • Lozza
  • eggstar10
  • Jazza
  • simplythebest
  • Broncs1459
  • Dash
  • Spoon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • HarryAllan7
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.