OPINION Dream Team

Only considering their time at the Broncos, also acknowledging that I'm just unable to leave Wally out of any side even if it's just on the Bench because Walters deserves the 5/8 jersey for his time here more.

1. Lockyer
2. Hancock
3. Renouf
4. Hodges
5. Sailor
6. Walters
7. Langer
8. Webcke
9. Berrigan
10. Civo
11. Tallis
12. Miles
13. Parker

14. Lewis
15. Lazarus
16. Thorn
17. Carroll

I desperately wanted to include Matterson, but with Parker in the side it doesn't really make much sense. Berrigan probably robs Kerrod Walters, but I think he was too good a Broncos overall to leave out, and his deeds in the Number 9 jersey were an instrumental part of our 2006 Premiership.

Last edited:
Only considering their time at the Broncos, also acknowledging that I'm just unable to leave Wally out of any side even if it's just on the Bench because Walters deserves the 5/8 jersey for his time here more.

1. Lockyer
2. Hancock
3. Renouf
4. Hodges
5. Sailor
6. Walters
7. Langer
8. Webcke
9. Berrigan
10. Civo
11. Tallis
12. Miles
13. Parker

14. Lewis
15. Lazarus
16. Thorn
17. Carroll

I desperately wanted to include Matterson, but with Parker in the side it doesn't really make much sense. Berrigan probably robs Kerrod Walters, but I think he was too good a Broncos overall to leave out, and his deeds in the Number 9 jersey were an instrumental part of our 2006 Premiership.
Yeah Berrigan and Hodges really carried the Broncos to that premiership. Yes we had stars everywhere, but those two were in career best form and had more xfactor than anyone in the last 2 months of the competition.

Yeah Berrigan and Hodges really carried the Broncos to that premiership. Yes we had stars everywhere, but those two were in career best form and had more xfactor than anyone in the last 2 months of the competition.
Hodges to Fullback and Berrigan to Dummy Half were two real masterstrokes from that season.

Really shows where we’re at at the moment when no players from the remaining squad would be anywhere near the best ever team, only Gillett would have beEn worth a shout and even then it’s fairly contentious. I guess it’s why Gillo retiring has hit me pretty hard, I’m not really emotional invested in any of the current squad. I’m excited by the potential of haas and Fifita but that’s about it.

Last edited:
1. Lockyer - Do I even have to answer this?
2. Hancock - When he had the ball he fought for every inch and made it as difficult as hell for the opposition to bring him down.
3. Renouf - The Pearl, the perfect combination of speed and agility.
4. Hodges - It was between him and Darren Smith for me, Hodges in a tight win.
5. Sailor - Had all the attributes of the winger you wanted and an ego he could back up.
6. Walters - Thrown straight into the fire when he arrived at the club(and that same year won the clubs player of the year award) and proved he was more then upto the task, the perfect partner for Langer in the halves.
7. Langer (C) - Refer to Lockyer
8. lazarus - The Broncos were considered soft in the forwards, the signature of Lazarus and Gillmeister changed that and led to two premierships in a row.
9. Walters - Some would have Berrigan or Priddis here, for me the ipswich combination is too great for Kerrod not to be there.
10. Webcke - Tough, plenty of heart and not one that would crumble under pressure.
11. Tallis - Off the field I have no respect for the guy, on the field his the best secondrower the club has ever had, outstanding running game and and the enforcer you want in defence.
12. Miles - Much like Lewis although nearing the end of their careers, they still played outstanding for the club and the credibility that they gave the franchise from the get go can't be forgotten. Miles had outstanding mobility and speed in the secondrow and the ballskills to boot.
13. Lewis - Too good of a player not to be there despite how short his time was at the club, he was the most critical signature of a player the franchise ever needed, it gave the instant credibility to a franchise that had more then it's far share of critics.

14. Berrigan - The perfect utility player, provides plenty of impact and can play in the centres, dummy half or in the halves if necessary.
15. Civoniceva - I was fortunate enough to see him play his first game and I was instantly impressed, tough and never afraid to put his body on the line when hitting it up.
16. Thorn - One of my favourites, a human mountain and one of the best angle running forwards I have seen. Second row or prop it doesn't matter.
17. Parker - I'll be honest I never really rated him early on in his career but he showed how classy he was in his work rate and offloading ability. Copped a lot over his goalkicking lol.

Last edited:
Hodges to Fullback and Berrigan to Dummy Half were two real masterstrokes from that season.
And both were flukes caused by injury basically. Don't worry though, Wayne claims it was his plan all along.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.