Drop kicks

Notice he's pretty useless at that too?

Well, not usually my standard reading or viewing fair, so not really qualified to comment...but he looks pretty well practiced in that shot, I mean look how he holds the position for three distinct screen shots.

Looking from that angle shouldn’t it be a no try as a Melbourne player impeded Glenn (?) from trying to tackle/put defensive pressure on Slater?

Looking from that angle shouldn’t it be a no try as a Melbourne player impeded Glenn (?) from trying to tackle/put defensive pressure on Slater?

thats what we thought at the ground ... even the fucking annoying Storm supporters sitting behind me

He is the player playing the ball. He isn’t obligated to move. It’s a bit different to a decoy runner standing in the line.

Slater kicks the ball in the in-goal and Glenn isn’t denied a chance to go for the ball.

There was absolutely nothing right about that ‘try’ at all.

There definitely have been times where a player attemtping to score a try uses the player playing the ball as a "blocker". Though I only remember those from dummy half. It was always a penalty.

I'm not sure how much Glenn was obstructed there though, Slater would still have scored for sure IMO.

Unread

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • bert_lifts
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • Manifesto
  • ChewThePhatt
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Dee
  • The True King
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.