Drop milford

He denied telling Kent, which was true, he told Ikin who told Kent. I have often wondered whether that was revealed to Ikin confidentially and he breached it by telling Kent.
Newbies aside - I'm fairly sure these blokes know exactly what's going to happen if they say something like that to someone in the press. They are literally schooled on this by both clubs and the NRL.

Kent and Ikin don’t have half a brain cell even when combined so I wouldn’t believe anything they say on an old man’s “premium” (hopelessly outdated and abhorrently expensive) cable tv show.
I have seen both sides of Ikin. The public talking head and I had the chance to talk with him over coffee a couple of times. He's intelligent, well spoken and articulate. I'd go so far to say he's a far more forceful and strong personality than what he portrays.

Doesn't mean I agreed with everything he said.

I see its been reported in the Courier Mail the Broncos have floated the idea of playing Kotoni Staggs at five-eight. If they can retain him off contract after this season. I want to keep Staggs, but I don't like players being offered to play out of position because they have requested it. We have seen players (Jack Bird, Valentine Holmes) put their clubs under the gun wanting to play a different position and it usually back fires. It's not clear if Staggs has requested it but it could be a sign that the Broncos are already looking past Anthony Milford.

Edit: You cannot post word for word articles from sites such as these in here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see its been reported in the Courier Mail the Broncos have floated the idea of playing Kotoni Staggs at five-eight. If they can retain him off contract after this season. I want to keep Staggs, but I don't like players being offered to play out of position because they have requested it. We have seen players (Jack Bird, Valentine Holmes) put their clubs under the gun wanting to play a different position and it usually back fires. It's not clear if Staggs has requested it but it could be a sign that the Broncos are already looking past Anthony Milford.

Edit: You cannot post word for word articles from sites such as these in here.

The only way Staggs at 5/8 makes sense is if we are losing Dearden and Milf, and will partner him with a vet game manger like Reynolds.

6. Staggs
7. Reynolds

Is a pretty solid option. However partnering Dearden with Staggs would put an incredible amount of pressure on the kid. I think ideally we go:

6. Dearden
7. Reynolds

or

6. Johnson
7. Dearden

If Dearden comes back into 1st grade solidly and makes a massive improvement it can work, He is a proper Halfback he is just young and inexperienced from what we have seen, But Staggs at 6 will require a proper playmaker at 7 which we haven't really had or seen since Hunt(wonder why we suck??)

I honestly can't believe Reynolds is available though, since Milf is out of contract we could Definitely go for him too.

Last edited:
Off topic but Milf’s Wikipedia photo is brilliant
Just had a look and it looked like the expression he had when asked, just after his big contract was signed, if he was going to put in every week?

He did that and said, "maybe"

If Dearden comes back into 1st grade solidly and makes a massive improvement it can work, He is a proper Halfback he is just young and inexperienced from what we have seen, But Staggs at 6 will require a proper playmaker at 7 which we haven't really had or seen since Hunt(wonder why we suck??)

I honestly can't believe Reynolds is available though, since Milf is out of contract we could Definitely go for him too.
Which Reynolds are we talking about.......Adam Reynolds (Souths) or

Grub Reynolds (ex-bulldogs)

Adam Reynolds.....yeah

Grub Reynolds?

gtfo GIF

Adam Reynolds.....yeah

Grub Reynolds?

gtfo GIF
The famous scene cut from the movie. Love it.

Adam Reynolds.....yeah

Grub Reynolds?

gtfo GIF
Do you really need to ask, only one has any use.

We kept the wrong half. Has nothing to do with skill but attitude. Ben Hunts team was leading 18-6 and their opposition for a repeat set and Hunt was pissed off. Milford has no emotion apart from dropping his head or whinging.

We kept the wrong half. Has nothing to do with skill but attitude. Ben Hunts team was leading 18-6 and their opposition for a repeat set and Hunt was pissed off. Milford has no emotion apart from dropping his head or whinging.
Hunt is also a better, more consistent player too (it is a low bar though).

Hunt is also a better, more consistent player too (it is a low bar though).
Absolutely. And this is what I’ve been saying for years. Milfords best game is better than Hunts, but it’s rarely seen. For the most part, Hunt is consistently the better player. Plus the disgusting missed tackles that cost us games don’t show up in Milfords highlight reels

While I agree, it's not like we let Hunt go. He was offered an insane 1.2M which he is and will never be worth.

I think we offered him 700k? It was entirely fair.

Since you are on repeat - Milford learned that from Boyd. Doesn't wave his arms as much though.

Unread

Active Now

• Organix
  • Bish
  • jarro65
  • Midean
  • Lazza
  • Cavalo
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.