Drop milford

View attachment 12157He won't be getting dropped. He is our best half and our forwards are just as shit.
Not a dig (for once) at Milford, but dead set... 🤣
07B07B16 CC03 4B05 B0C3 972E020364A8

Problem is, Milford has almost lost his biggest assets....speed and agility. He is not even close to how quick and agile he used to be. I think he is having a go but he just can't do what he used to be able to do. His only skill now appears to be an inside-out spiral bomb. He's not a great playmaker/ball player or game managing half unfortunately.

He’s not playing well and Kev hasn’t been the coach to bring him back that I hoped he would.
Are you Milford?
Or are you just another dumb ****?
Anthony has his money in the bank.
He doesn't care.

He's just a troll.
Or he must have a different opinion. So what. I think Milf is trash, Bgoat thinks he's worth persisting with. He's not objectively wrong, RL is a hard sport to judge talent in because so much of it depends on how the whole engine turns over.

I don't get why people get worked up about Bgoat having a different opinion.

Or he must have a different opinion. So what. I think Milf is trash, Bgoat thinks he's worth persisting with. He's not objectively wrong, RL is a hard sport to judge talent in because so much of it depends on how the whole engine turns over.

I don't get why people get worked up about Bgoat having a different opinion.
Because I was right about seibold

Yeah mate, I'm sweet.
Thanku for asking😚
You goin good?
🤗

As Milford's 2nd biggest advocate - for the moment - he would do much better with a dominant half, a dominant hooker and a dominant FB, none of which we have. So dropping Milford will certainly satisfy those who think he is largely responsible for our woes, but of course, it won't solve anything.

We need a "whole of team" approach. Milford sucks at the moment, but then, so does every one of our (non) playmakers, behind a simplistic forward game plan and a shitty defence which is still stuck in 2015.

it would also be so nice to have support in place as a given every time Haas and TPJ get the ball, similar to what happens with NAS and Paps.
This. Unfortunately, Milford signed a mega contract which came with mega expectations. Neither party knew who Milford was, truly as a player. Both parties now know that he is a confidence player, likes to go missing, plays what's in front of him, struggles with his playing weight, turnstile in defence and is lucky that breathing is automated. He is an X factor that needs a lot of things to go right before he can take off. Nothing wrong with that. Very handy player to have in your side. Any team would be delighted to have him for 350-450k. He has a big step on him, hard to hold down in broken play, quick acceleration, great bomb, deft short kicking game. Struggling to think of his passing game...No one would be saying anything if he was correctly valued. A lot of things fell into place for Milford in 2015. Coaching staff, tackle bot in McCullough, Hunt and Milford ambushed the comp, etc. I would love to keep him but at 400k. It would be in his best interest to accept less so we could spend more on giving him a spine that empowers him, or he finds a dominant club. But a dominant club is only going to offer 30-40% of his current salary. A struggling club would be very wary of him. It is a shame. Would staying in Canberra been in his best interests. Staying fullback? Pies failed to understand him. But Pies fails to understand people..idiot-savant without the savant bit....

This. Unfortunately, Milford signed a mega contract which came with mega expectations. Neither party knew who Milford was, truly as a player. Both parties now know that he is a confidence player, likes to go missing, plays what's in front of him, struggles with his playing weight, turnstile in defence and is lucky that breathing is automated. He is an X factor that needs a lot of things to go right before he can take off. Nothing wrong with that. Very handy player to have in your side. Any team would be delighted to have him for 350-450k. He has a big step on him, hard to hold down in broken play, quick acceleration, great bomb, deft short kicking game. Struggling to think of his passing game...No one would be saying anything if he was correctly valued. A lot of things fell into place for Milford in 2015. Coaching staff, tackle bot in McCullough, Hunt and Milford ambushed the comp, etc. I would love to keep him but at 400k. It would be in his best interest to accept less so we could spend more on giving him a spine that empowers him, or he finds a dominant club. But a dominant club is only going to offer 30-40% of his current salary. A struggling club would be very wary of him. It is a shame. Would staying in Canberra been in his best interests. Staying fullback? Pies failed to understand him. But Pies fails to understand people..idiot-savant without the savant bit....
Wall of text critted me for over 9000!

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • Mustafur
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.