Drop milford

Well, again you argue cogently. My point about trying to explain in large part, Milford's poor form is not in terms of its "someone else’s responsibility" but rather, it's hard to be a dominant playmaker if the spine of which you are part just can't get it together, and hasn't for years. I think your 2nd paragraph really says it all. The thing is, we haven't had that quality in the spine since Hunt left and Darius was playing great footie at the back. Milford, as a confidence player has, as a result, just declined. The consequence of a shitty spine (amongst other things) is that Milford has just lost his desire to play. His confidence is shot and I really do think this is his last season with us. However, he is still the only member of our spine with a kicking game and a decent passing game.

I don't see Croft or anyone for that matter as a decent 5/8. So, sure, we could drop Milf and try them, but I just don't see that making any difference. Nevertheless, maybe the best thing to do is just that - get Croft and Dearden in the halves and see what happens. For mine, we will not see any change. In fact, I feel we will go further backwards. But that is just my opinion.

As well, our forwards game plan is, and has been, a dog's breakfast for years. It's a whole of team approach that is needed. A lot needs to be fixed simultaneously, which is why Walters is under so much pressure. There is just so much to fix in this side - again, thanks largely to poor recruitment years ago, and of course, getting rid of Bennett the way we did.

As for me, at 68, I would certainly add a lot to this side with a spine like you mention, but only if the NRL regarded a blow to the head with a walking stick as legitimate defence, or in my case, self defence.
Issue is, Milford is over calling and controlling the attack.. so out of form, he still thinks he's the man for the job and the others are falling into line.

I guarantee with a few weeks under their belts, you could have Dearden 7 and Croft 6 finding their feet with the shackles of quotas and deadlines removed.

Even Turpin deserves to have more responsibility over the team.

Oh and we have just lost the next Ponga fullback in the kid who just signed with the warriors - cause Issako is a myth at 1

This club is so lost. Bring on that second Brisbane team

We'll miss the x - factor....none of those other players you mention have it. Milford does

We just haven't seen it as regularly as we would like....of late.
X factor?
X talent? Or X NRL quality player?

We should tape Milford's eyes open and have him watch this game on repeat for 24 hours. Maybe then he will find his love of the game again. The field goal to win this game is probably the absolute peak of his career. It's been all downhill since.

We desperately need Milf to switch on tomorrow night. Perhaps with Tommy in for a second game he may feel more settled. Milf has gone so far downhill though he's fast becoming that very special player who can turn something into nothing.

Issue is, Milford is over calling and controlling the attack..
He is.......? What evidence do you have that could possibly suggest that? If anything IMO, he isn't vocal enough and isn't controlling the game but instead, leaving it up to others......like Croft, who has NFI.

It's been reported in the Courier Mail that Anthony Milford is set to dropped for the game against Penrith.

Besieged Broncos playmaker Anthony Milford is set to be dropped for Thursday’s epic encounter against Penrith at Suncorp Stadium.
The 26-year-old trained with the Broncos reserve squad during Brisbane’s Monday training session in an early indication he will be axed from the first grade side for the first time in nine years.

Tom Dearden and Brodie Croft were instead playing as the club’s first choice halves as coach Kevin Waters begins to “put his foot down” to stop the rot at Red Hill.

It's been reported in the Courier Mail that Anthony Milford is set to dropped for the game against Penrith.

Besieged Broncos playmaker Anthony Milford is set to be dropped for Thursday’s epic encounter against Penrith at Suncorp Stadium.
The 26-year-old trained with the Broncos reserve squad during Brisbane’s Monday training session in an early indication he will be axed from the first grade side for the first time in nine years.

Tom Dearden and Brodie Croft were instead playing as the club’s first choice halves as coach Kevin Waters begins to “put his foot down” to stop the rot at Red Hill.

First time in 9 years!?!? Really???

I'm back on the Kev train. Great move.

It may not help our chances of winning football games, but as far as 2021 is concerned that ship has sailed. Our only concern for this season now is avoiding another spoon and turning this roster on its head. Dropping Milford is step one to doing that.

I very much doubt that this will be for to long, I'd say it will be a confidence boost and whoever is performing out of Dearden and Croft will partner him when he gets back to form.

I very much doubt that this will be for to long, I'd say it will be a confidence boost and whoever is performing out of Dearden and Croft will partner him when he gets back to form.
I don't think it's a when, it's an if.

Souths have a decent team, but I don't see him improving, and even if he does, it just proves he can be a good QCup player

If Milfs gone why persist? The only halves we have will be starting this week, let them stay there all year and see what happens..?

Expecting the worst but hoping for the best...

He is finished.

Good riddance.

Happy to see Milford dropped, he needs a wake up call.

Dearden and Croft probably going to be shit, but we are playing Penrith, we are not going to win this game no matter what we do.

Not sure I agree with Niu being dropped though, he had some shockers last week but i think he deserves the right to make it up.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Cavalo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
  • Xzei
  • Matheos
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.