Drop Te'o

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
  • Staff
Alright, he needs to be dropped right now, and a replacement needs to come in and take his spot. Surely this assault shit isn't helping the team prepare, and it must certainly be playing on his mind.

Thoughts?

simmo77

QCup Player
GC
Yep agree that he should step aside. Probs won't as it might be considered by some as an admission of guilt.

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Stepping aside would be a sign of guilt, If he isn't guilty he should have the right to play in a game he was selected for. If the rest of the team get distracted than that's on them not Te'o, they are professional league players and should act as such.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Stepping aside would be a sign of guilt, If he isn't guilty he should have the right to play in a game he was selected for. If the rest of the team get distracted than that's on them not Te'o, they are professional league players and should act as such.
Shit reason. One of their "brothers" could be in serious trouble. It's a distraction, professional or not.

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
Out of interest, what has changed everyone (or at least most peoples minds on this?) not having a go or anything but a day or to ago any suggestion of he should be stood down was met with he is entitled to be assumed innocent etc. whats changed?

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
I find the timing of all of this very suspicious, and as I said previously, given the circumstances, I give absolutely no credence to the Lewis woman!

Should Te'o have been picked? Probably not, if only to protect him and Qld from this distraction.

Should he be dropped now? I'm not sure. I don't think it will make any difference to the team, as whatever damage has already been done. Besides, it's not like the issue is going to go away.
I am also strongly against punishing someone who seems to be the victim of what appears to be a manipulative woman looking for a fast buck and a moment of fame.

I could be wrong, in which case throw the book at him if proven guilty, but at this point nothing makes me believe he's in he same boat as a Bird, Inglis or that scumbag Lui.

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
I tend to agree, my only reservation is Mal would be reluctant to drop him and he is to stupid or selfish to see how it might affect the team.

Still, the Qld management have been around a while and I'm sure if they felt it was a problem they would have a word to the wise.
At this stage even if he stood aside it wouldn't make any difference to media questions, they would just come at it from a different way by bombarding players with questions about Teo stepping aside etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter