Drugs in sport - government investigation

Good. To hell with cheaters.

This is exploding. Multiple players, officials, clubs across multiple codes...match fixing, drug use... this is massive.

This is not really a surprise.

I am surprised it took them this long to do an investigation.

Are they going to name clubs and players involved? If so, when?

Are they going to name clubs and players involved? If so, when?

ASADA, Federal and State police have been given details of the investigation from the Australian Crime Commission, and they're now continuing the investigations. They're bound by legislation not to say anything more about the details of the individuals or clubs involved until those investigations have been completed.

So I wouldn't expect official confirmation on individuals or clubs for a couple of months at least.

I would expect plenty of leaking and speculation though.

And Kaz, sure, not a surprise, but pretty devastating as a sports fan - mainly the extent to which it's got, both in terms of drug cheating and match fixing/gambling.

This is telling...

BREAKING: The ARLC have commissioned Deloitttes to audit Manly-Warringah's Sports Science Unit.

This shit is annoying. Name names ffs. The longer names are kept secret, the longer people jump to conclusions. Not naming names hurts the innocent.

Naming them is more trouble than it's worth at this stage.

EDIT: Too slow, curses Coxy!

Thanks for the reassurance np.

Not much to say about this until all the facts are out in the open. I just hope all my sporting teams I follow have a clean bill of health out of this.

Good move, the players are role models to so many and they can't go around doing anything they want unnoticed.

Meh, I'm not really fussed. Sounds like it has more to do with fumbleball anyway, they can't sweep it under the rug this time.

Meh, I'm not really fussed. Sounds like it has more to do with fumbleball anyway, they can't sweep it under the rug this time.

It involved AFL, NRL and A League. Manly are being investigated by the ARLC.

"A Broncos spokesman says drugs are not an issue and the team has no medical sports scientists."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-07/broncos-say-club-has-no-doping-concerns/4506118

I like the response and the fact the Broncos don't hire a medical sports scientist...but I can't help but bite my tongue because you just don't know if players individually have been in contact with shady characters. I really hope not, but the tone of this report means you simply can't take anything for granted.

I'm still confident no Bronco player past or present will be implicated.

Unread

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.