11. Thaiday

12. Glenn

13. Gillett

Interchange

14. Barba

15. Garbutt

16. Kennedy

17. Oates

I like that team but I would play Milford at fullback, keep Barba in the halves and swap Thaiday and Glenn around. Reed isn't suited to the wing IMO so I would find another place for him. I wouldn't sign Boyd because his club form has been below par for a couple of years and anyone with a brain knows why he wants to come here.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
We need a big prop, and I don't care if it happens to be Russell Packer. Someone's going to sign him up anyway, so it may as well be us. If not him, I want Willie Mason. I don't care how old he is, he is still a hundred times more effective than our current props.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
I know he is a Cowboy but Gavin Cooper played another outstanding game last night. He contributed 14 runs for 139 meters, 27 tackles, busted 4 tackles, made 3 line breaks and scored 2 tries. Great consistent player and I would like to see more people give him credit. Very underrated player.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Has anybody, anybody at all heard Boyd declare his intention to play for the Broncos in 2015 ? Has anybody, anybody at all heard WB declare Boyd is coming to Brisbane in 2015 ? Please direct me to the relevant quotes or statements. Only those two though, no opinions..The only reason I ask is I haven't heard anything from those two, not saying they haven't said so.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If Reed is on the wing come R1 that'll do me, that's worse than Hoffman at 5/8!!

I wouldn't worry ... i have been assured by the Bennett supporters that he doesn't make those kind of bad selections, and that Reed won't be in the side next year.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Has anybody, anybody at all heard Boyd declare his intention to play for the Broncos in 2015 ? Has anybody, anybody at all heard WB declare Boyd is coming to Brisbane in 2015 ? Please direct me to the relevant quotes or statements. Only those two though, no opinions..The only reason I ask is I haven't heard anything from those two, not saying they haven't said so.

Maybe it hasn't been said publicly, but given Boyd's history it is a reasonable assumption to make.

most rugby league commentators that have been predicting sides for next season are putting Boyd in the Broncos side. and it may not happen, but i wouldn't bet your house on him playing at another club next season

I really hope we don't have the cap space to sign him.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Well I know a lot of people are making that assumption and I haven't missed the logic supporting it yet there are also pointers to a split. His recent troubles don't guarantee him staying with WB and he has had those troubles when under WB and he has had no resolution. My friend and I independently speculated that perhaps WB did in fact tell Boyd that he wasn't bringing him 'home' so to speak and may have indicated it was time for Boyd to stand alone and possibly this brought his troubles to a head. Being abandoned in a sense by someone he used as a mainstay.

Coupled with the fact he still has a contract and Brisbane is unlikely to pay out a huge chunk of his salary and then stump up even more when they are well served at fullback makes me think a move to be highly unlikely. I'm not expecting him in Brisbane unless he's visiting from the Gold Coast. I know the Coast are supposed to be light on for cash but there is a lot of money available on the strip.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I wouldn't worry ... i have been assured by the Bennett supporters that he doesn't make those kind of bad selections, and that Reed won't be in the side next year.

You must be really hurting with WB just weeks away from being our official coach. I mean since you're making assumptions about what every WB supporter is thinking it's only fair I do the same.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

no, but until 1+1+1 doesn't = 3 I'll just keep assuming he goes where Bennett goes.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Kennedy is watching the Jets play Wynnym today. Perhaps he thinks that's his best chance next year :)
Referee is doing his best to ensure Wynnym are disadantaged (like he did last week) but Gubb just crossed off the back off a great run from Granville.

Or he was supporting his home team and the guys he's played with this year and since he was at the Jets Colts and Norths.

Jets one penalty whole game.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Or that :). Considering he would have been paying again next game had they one I actually think he should be there. Not sure if Kahu was but he should be there too.

An uneven penalty count doesn't mean that one side has not been dudded.
A certain knock on should have been play on but the ref called Wynnym back losing them around 15m and made sure Ipswich could reset their defense.
There was a tackle where the Ipswich player did not get off for a ridiculous amount of time yet the ref did nothing.
There was a head high on Gubb that went unpenalised. Gubb doesn't screw around with the acting that is apparently required to earn a penalty for a head high. He just got on with it. I think they said it was the same referee from last week who ignored 3 head high tackles on Gubb.

M

mieko

QCup Player
Aug 25, 2011
How? I don't want Reed in the side either, but it's nowhere near as bad.

Reed offers little playing centre and he will offer absolutely nothing, nada, zip playing wing.

Hoffman playing 5/8 wasn't good but it wasn't the worst decision ever. If he just worked on his ability to pass he would of had a pass mark, that was his one main flaw unfortunatley a major one, but putting Reed on the sting I just can't see any positives from it at all and would have many major flaws.

i actually like that team though I would have Hoffman on the wing and Reed playing QCup.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Just being able to throw a pass does not make you a half.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Or that :). Considering he would have been paying again next game had they one I actually think he should be there. Not sure if Kahu was but he should be there too.

An uneven penalty count doesn't mean that one side has not been dudded.
A certain knock on should have been play on but the ref called Wynnym back losing them around 15m and made sure Ipswich could reset their defense.
There was a tackle where the Ipswich player did not get off for a ridiculous amount of time yet the ref did nothing.
There was a head high on Gubb that went unpenalised. Gubb doesn't screw around with the acting that is apparently required to earn a penalty for a head high. He just got on with it. I think they said it was the same referee from last week who ignored 3 head high tackles on Gubb.

Kennedy couldn't play again for the Jets. Yes Kahu was there.

Oh please- the rest of that is jibberish.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Reed offers little playing centre and he will offer absolutely nothing, nada, zip playing wing.

Hoffman playing 5/8 wasn't good but it wasn't the worst decision ever. If he just worked on his ability to pass he would of had a pass mark, that was his one main flaw unfortunatley a major one, but putting Reed on the sting I just can't see any positives from it at all and would have many major flaws.

i actually like that team though I would have Hoffman on the wing and Reed playing QCup.

I think Reed is a bit unfairly treated. He was ok for mine this year. He's not the greatest centre but he did ok and scored some good tries. I also believe his absence last night threw a lot of the cohesion out of whack - such as it is. I honestly believe we would have done a lot better if he played last night.

As for wing, definitely not. We already have a forward playing wing. Don't need another centre destined for the back row playing wing. We need genuine speed out wide.

As for Hoffman, he lacks the instincts of a 5/8. No amount of work can compensate for that, although he was so frustrating. Sometimes, he did pass, and sometimes, his kicks were pretty good. Nevertheless, no 5/8. Bad choice.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.