Elimination Final - Cowboys vs Broncos - Post-Match Discussion

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
I hate dirty tactics and foul play with a passion. If you can't win fair, it doesn't count.

I don't care whether Tariq Sims' hit qualifies as a shoulder charge or not. It was miles late, intended to injure a blind sided and prone player who was on fire. The rules protect the kickers even getting farted on, but a late shot after passing is nothing?

It took Hodges out of the game and he was clearly shaken after it. Next possession, Hodges knocks it on (which was very shit call but a "rugby league" knock on most of the time).

As a player or fan, I couldn't be proud of that as an effort and a win which flows from it is tainted.

As a fan (neutral or otherwise), I would have loved to have seen the last 20 minutes with a fit Hodges. It could have been epic.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Why Matt Gillett even played is bewildering to me. Looked like a passenger out there when he was on. You could tell from the first tackle his shoulder was still fucked. Bennett has some work to do in the offseason to say the least.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Sims will do up to seven weeks.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
If that tackle was so bad it carried a 5 week suspension from the get go then why wasn't it a send off on the field?

I was filthy as anyone after that tackle. Not only did it cost the Broncos but it just cost the game a chance to see the Broncos potentially comeback. However, that was not a 5 week penalty and I am sick of the inconsistensies in the judiciary.

Klemmer hits a Storm player high with a classic head high tackle - nothing to worry about.

Josh Morris executes a classic chicken wing tackle on Sisa Waqa - right as rain.

It's beyond a joke and for far too long the NRL Judiciary seems less concerned about doing their job and more concerned about being reactionary. There is no justice and if anybody ever investigated them I would be absolutely stunned if they did not uncover anything.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
TARIQ SIMS FACING BIG TIME ON SIDELINES
Cowboys Judiciary
September 15, 2014 691
COWBOYS forward Tariq Sims has been hit hard by the NRL match review committee following a shoulder charge on Justin Hodges in Saturday’s elimination final.

Depending on his plea, Sims faces five to seven games on the sidelines after being slapped with a grade three shoulder charge offence.

Manly’s Anthony Watmough is looking at one to two games for a dangerous throw on Greg Inglis.

Jamie Lyon, who was also involved in the tackle was charged with a grade one offence but will be free to play with an early plea.

Brisbane’s Ben Barba was charged with grade one dangerous contact (unnecessary leg pressure) on Cowboys winger Kyle Feldt, but will be free to play in his next game with an early plea.

Canterbury duo Josh Morris and David Klemmer and Roosters prop Jared Waerea-Hargreaves escaped charges after being put on report in their respective finals matches.
Barba was also charged.

From RLW.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
We've had a fair few this year - situations where a send-off would have been warranted, the judiciary charging them highly, yet on-field they just get a warning. Pathetic.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
We've had a fair few this year - situations where a send-off would have been warranted, the judiciary charging them highly, yet on-field they just get a warning. Pathetic.

Yep, and we had cummins again. Interesting to know that he sees a deliberate, late shoulder charge as less dangerous than being 30m on side

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Suck it Tariq Sims, it was a dog shot on Hodges who had relaxed after passing the ball and definitely hurt our chances of a comeback. I have no sympathy for him even though I think 7 weeks is excessive.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Suck it Tariq Sims, it was a dog shot on Hodges who had relaxed after passing the ball and definitely hurt our chances of a comeback. I have no sympathy for him even though I think 7 weeks is excessive.

Unfortunately the Knights are going to suffer from his dog shot.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Good to see Tariq rubbed out for the year after that, now I can fully get behind the cowboys for the premiership. He sitll should have been sent during the game.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
The Cows will undoubtedly fight the charge, as it's the only chance they have for him to play in their colours again... hopefully that rubs him out for 7 weeks!

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Unfortunately the Knights are going to suffer from his dog shot.

Pretty sure trial games count so he won't miss much. I hate when players are dirty, he knew Hodges was tearing them a new one so he went for a cheap shot.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I'm amazed a cheap shot that could mean 7 weeks on the sideline still wasn't bad enough for the video ref to get into the refs ear.

uptheguts

uptheguts

QCup Player
Oct 24, 2013
My late assessment of the game Just too many errors in the first half sank us to make a close contest of it. We really do lack strike power in the backs which means our strike rate when we get to the red zone is pretty poor. Our forwards were steamrolled in the first half but made a fist of it in the second half when it was too late. Cory Parker should only ever be a back up goal kicker. I thought the service from dummy half was mediocre. Hodges showed us he is far from over the hill. The boys tried hard as they always do and showed respect for the Broncos jersey. I respect Hook but not sad to see his reign come to an end. How many days till the next Broncos game?

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Strop
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Big Del
  • Stix
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • kiwi2
  • Dony Eliakim
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.