Emerging players in 2013

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Who are your emerging players to watch for this year?

Not just newbies but guys who have been around a year or two who you think will have big years.

My top 2 are Albert Kelly and Jason Taumalolo.

Kelly has the ability but a tendency to find a way to stuff up off the field. This is probably his last chance to establish himself and I expect he will go really well if he can keep focused on footy.

Taumalolo really started to shine last year and with decent field time 2013 could be anything for him. Along with Sims the Cows have a handy bench

I was impressed with what Tohu Harris has shown so far at the Storm... He could be a smokie for rookie of the year.

Tohu was one of my favourite backrows coming through in NYC. Just a big lump of a lad with the athleticism and ethic to make something of himself. Could actually improve on what Sika Manu offered.

Let's see...

Josh McGuire - Will make the step up from good club player to good Origin player
Jack Wighton - Has Origin written all over him. Might be too young but has all the talent and poise to go all the way.
Aidan Tolman - Worthy of an Origin spot. One of the most underrated players in the world and just continues to help the Dogs whether it's by making good hard metres or promoting the football.
David Klemmer - Best prop I've seen in NYC. Dogs are apparently paying him 300K before he signs. Either going to be a huge flop or one of the best props in the game coming through.
Andrew Fifita - Flanagan reckons he's prime for a huge season and honestly, I think he's up to it. Was an unsung hero of the Sharks side in 2012 and with the shackles off could really cement himself as one of the better props in the game.
Wade Graham - Really came of age in the backrow. Was an absolute grub at times, but gee, credit where it's due he certainly made himself imposing. With more time, could become a real lynchpin for the Sharks on the fringes.
Dane Gagai - Is going to really make us regret letting him go as he cements himself as one of the best backs coming through.

And that's enough for now. 2013 is going to be a good year for up and coming talent.

Hopefully Gillett will also cement his position as one of the best backrowers in the comp, and even if we have to miss him a few times, I hope his Origin career hasn't stalled through bad form last season.

But quietly let's hope that despite his amazing form the selectors remember last series so our Origin toll isn't so high!

Marika Koroibete. I think he's going to be a great attacker and will tightly guard my TAB ticket that has him at 34 for top tryscorer.

Hopefully Moga can come back and dominate (but the Roosters still not make the 8).

Taumalolo really started to shine last year and with decent field time 2013 could be anything for him. Along with Sims the Cows have a handy bench

Lets hope so. Been waiting for Taumalolo to explode after seeing him in 2011.......seemed to be still getting limited game time in 2012.

I know he's only young but like you I'm excited by this gigantic prospect.

Active Now

• Ondi
  • Tim K
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Behold
  • lynx000
  • Manifesto
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.