End of Year Awards

I guess the coaching staff (for whatever that's worth) have different metrics they judge on

'Oi Kev mate, we've got the player of the year awards tomorrow night, yous coaches got your votes in?'

'Yeah mate, no worries (wipes desk and waits for management dude to leave). Oi John, Stevo, Matho, what do we do? Who should we vote for? Quick, pick a name. Payne? Yeah he's the only one I can think of too, let's give it to him.'

Carrigan and Oates deserve to feel filthy about Haas receiving POTY over them (although neither seems the type that would).

Not only should Haas have been immediately excluded from receiving any awards after his mid-season tantrum, but he was also completely average all year - he wasn't even our best forward over the course of the season, let alone best player. He mailed it in for half the year and him receiving any award is just disgusting.

It reeks of management / coaching trying to suck up to him to keep him happy, but the players would see right through this and be rightfully outraged by it... what kind of message does this send to the rest of the squad?

Disgraceful.

salty vaginas! the only reason people don't like it is because of what happened, obviously his team mates are happy with him.

salty vaginas! the only reason people don't like it is because of what happened, obviously his team mates are happy with him.
No no, his teammates don’t care at all.

Also no, he wasn’t that good this season. Post contact metres don’t win games and that’s pretty much all he brings to the table

Final Tally

Payne Haas (61)
Corey Oates (56)
Adam Reynolds (48)
Pat Carrigan (47)
Kotoni Staggs (33)
Thomas Flegler (26)
Selwyn Cobbo (24)

Interestingly it was the staff that voted Haas PotY. The Player's Player which only counts the player's 3-2-1 went to Oatesy.

If it's based on points earned per game, going purely by averages if Pat had played as many games as Payne he'd have beat him by six points. Still doesn't seem enough, though.

So legit question, do you think he was our best player this year and looking at those polls, comfortably so?

I can see why Haas won it, Carrigan would have won if he didn't miss almost half the season.

I thought Oates should have come away with it, he was honestly excellent for the entire season but I guess the coaching staff (for whatever that's worth) have different metrics they judge on. It doesn't mean much anyway, hopefully his dip in form (and let's be honest, the whole fucking team was shit in the second half) was injury related and he's back to his best next year so he can earn his 800k because he didn't really earn it this year.

didn't 1910 say this award is voted on by the players?

I can see why Haas won it, Carrigan would have won if he didn't miss almost half the season.

I thought Oates should have come away with it, he was honestly excellent for the entire season but I guess the coaching staff (for whatever that's worth) have different metrics they judge on. It doesn't mean much anyway, hopefully his dip in form (and let's be honest, the whole fucking team was shit in the second half) was injury related and he's back to his best next year so he can earn his 800k because he didn't really earn it this year.

Taking everything else that's gone on with him away, I can't see how his form warrants it. Oatesy to me was the only choice because Carrigan and Arey didn't play enough

Payne Haas obviously had a word to his Mum and got her to lean on some of the players to gain the votes he needed to win.

gordon ramsay fox GIF by Hell's Kitchen

Taking everything else that's gone on with him away, I can't see how his form warrants it. Oatesy to me was the only choice because Carrigan and Arey didn't play enough
ARey played 20 games which is more than enough. He would have been my pick but being as he wasn't, Payne was the only other logical choice. The likes of Paddy and Herbie are probably more valuable to the club but unfortunately, they didn't make enough appearances.

So legit question, do you think he was our best player this year and looking at those polls, comfortably so?
no i thought patty was but like many people have said he didn’t play as many games .
I'm just pointing out that if haas doesn't pull his crap , people wouldn’t be as upset.

ARey played 20 games which is more than enough. He would have been my pick but being as he wasn't, Payne was the only other logical choice. The likes of Paddy and Herbie are probably more valuable to the club but unfortunately, they didn't make enough appearances.
I still don't see anyone seriously outside of Oatsey. Consistently good this year.i dont think Payne was even in our top 5 players.

Carrigan and Oates deserve to feel filthy about Haas receiving POTY over them (although neither seems the type that would).

Not only should Haas have been immediately excluded from receiving any awards after his mid-season tantrum, but he was also completely average all year - he wasn't even our best forward over the course of the season, let alone best player. He mailed it in for half the year and him receiving any award is just disgusting.

It reeks of management / coaching trying to suck up to him to keep him happy, but the players would see right through this and be rightfully outraged by it... what kind of message does this send to the rest of the squad?

Disgraceful.
I don't think Haas was our POTY, but to say he was average all year is just a lie. He was consistently very good all year. If he can mail it in all year and still smash out over 150m a game while dealing with cooked shoulders, then he will mail in a very good career.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
  • Redfern_1980
  • Cavalo
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • Old Mate
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Hurrijo
  • john1420
  • FACTHUNT
  • mrslong
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Skyblues87
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.