End of Year Awards

I guess we know what the NSW origin selectors do in the origin offseason.

If that isn't a lame ass attempt to suck up his Haas to try and convince him to stick around, I don't know what is.

No wonder the players don't have a hard edge to them. Their own bosses fucking don't.

Final Tally

Payne Haas (61)
Corey Oates (56)
Adam Reynolds (48)
Pat Carrigan (47)
Kotoni Staggs (33)
Thomas Flegler (26)
Selwyn Cobbo (24)

Interestingly it was the staff that voted Haas PotY. The Player's Player which only counts the player's 3-2-1 went to Oatesy.

Final Tally

Payne Haas (61)
Corey Oates (56)
Adam Reynolds (48)
Pat Carrigan (47)
Kotoni Staggs (33)
Thomas Flegler (26)
Selwyn Cobbo (24)

Interestingly it was the staff that voted Haas PotY. The Player's Player which only counts the player's 3-2-1 went to Oatesy.

It’s both; they give the same spiel every year on how it’s awarded.

Final Tally

Payne Haas (61)
Corey Oates (56)
Adam Reynolds (48)
Pat Carrigan (47)
Kotoni Staggs (33)
Thomas Flegler (26)
Selwyn Cobbo (24)

Would’ve loved Patty to get POTY this year but he missed 10 games in total so, that’s a bummer.
My 2nd choice is, I would’ve liked Oatesy to win it. The big guy has played well. If not Patty, I would prefer Oatesy to win it.

If the players have been voting Payne as best on ground in all these games maybe it explains why we play such dumb footy at times. How the **** did Staggs get 33 votes??

This whole thing is just embarrassing. Imagine the idiot who derailed the season in a large way, phoned it in in the back half and resulted in a scuffle between teammates wins your best player award. Disgraceful. I would love to know what he said when he won it. The guy is as thick as two bricks, probably took the opportunity to insult the police or something.

This whole thing is just embarrassing. Imagine the idiot who derailed the season in a large way, phoned it in in the back half and resulted in a scuffle between teammates wins your best player award. Disgraceful. I would love to know what he said when he won it. The guy is as thick as two bricks, probably took the opportunity to insult the police or something.

Attachments

• 49ACE07C-F825-4B64-BCC2-A319ED95B1D6.png
    49ACE07C-F825-4B64-BCC2-A319ED95B1D6.png
    112 KB · Views: 59
I can see why Haas won it, Carrigan would have won if he didn't miss almost half the season.

I thought Oates should have come away with it, he was honestly excellent for the entire season but I guess the coaching staff (for whatever that's worth) have different metrics they judge on. It doesn't mean much anyway, hopefully his dip in form (and let's be honest, the whole fucking team was shit in the second half) was injury related and he's back to his best next year so he can earn his 800k because he didn't really earn it this year.

It paints a picture of the type of culture that might be fostering in the playing group too.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.