FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

The deal with Zirkzee has been agreed.

All we have to do is pay the fee and he will be a Man United player, but unfortunately, it's not that simple. Because of the mismanagement of the club over the years, there's a cash flow problem. If we pay the release clause, it has to be paid in full up front.

United are considering not paying the release clause and negotiating a slighter higher fee (40 million instead of 34 million) so they can pay it off over the course of the contract.

I really don't get the signing. Didn't you guys sign Hojlund last summer?

Paying for potential doesn't seem to make much sense when you need to improve the overall quality of the squad.

Edit: 11 goals in Serie A.... uh oh.

Yeah I personally have never understood the Zirkzee interest.

We aren't in a position like City to just pay that fee to add a talent to the squad.

I get wanting/needing a striker, but why buy another prospect. Buy a finished product to be your starter, or a handy backup to have on the bench and play cups, don't blow your load on another prospect that needs the same minutes you need to give Hojlund.

Really not sure on this one at all.

Marseille offering United £27 million for Greenwood. The deal also includes a sell-on clause of about 40-50%.

Take the deal. It's pure profit. He can't play here and if he goes to Marseille and kills it and they end up selling him for 60 million, we get 30 million back.

It's a good deal IMO. I don't think we're going to get above £30 million for him.

Marseille offering United £27 million for Greenwood. The deal also includes a sell-on clause of about 40-50%.

Take the deal. It's pure profit. He can't play here and if he goes to Marseille and kills it and they end up selling him for 60 million, we get 30 million back.

It's a good deal IMO. I don't think we're going to get above £30 million for him.

And the Marseille fans have already got a "Greenwood not welcome " campaign going. Its going to happen most places the grub will go.

As a rival fan I'm not enjoying these Man Utd transfer rumours... Zirkzee aside, Ineos are being linked with the exact type of players I wish LFC would go after - Ugarte, De Ligt, Branthwaite etc. Fixing the spine of the side seems to be the priority which is smart.

The only comfort I get is that ETH is still manager, so they're not really a threat.

Lille have accepted a bid from United for Leny Yoro.

Yoro wants Real Madrid, but United have outbid Real Madrid and it seems like Real Madrid don't want to increase their offer to Lille.

Lille are insisting Yoro accept United as it's the best proposal on the table.

United trying to steal Yoro right out from under Madrid. At the moment Yoro is waiting on Madrid to see what they are going to do. He could quite easily just reject United and wind down his contract and then go to Madrid on a free transfer so interesting times ahead.

We're walking away from Branthwaite as Everton want a ridiculous price.

Lille have accepted a bid from United for Leny Yoro.

Yoro wants Real Madrid, but United have outbid Real Madrid and it seems like Real Madrid don't want to increase their offer to Lille.

Lille are insisting Yoro accept United as it's the best proposal on the table.

United trying to steal Yoro right out from under Madrid. At the moment Yoro is waiting on Madrid to see what they are going to do. He could quite easily just reject United and wind down his contract and then go to Madrid on a free transfer so interesting times ahead.

We're walking away from Branthwaite as Everton want a ridiculous price.

This sort of thing happens a lot, player has all the power. Agreeing a fee is useless if the player doesn't want to go - just look at Caicedo last summer.

Unfortunately for you guys, he's already committed to Perez and drank the Madrid kool-aid. I'd imagine your wage offer is decent but no doubt Madrid will go ahead and beat it, then give his entire family a nice pay day too for their patience.

Thinking you'd get Branthwaite for $45mil is madness in this market and somewhat offensive to Everton, lol. That's less than what City paid for Stones in 2016 and obviously less than Maguire (ironic that you guys set the bar for English CBs this high to begin with).

They've got every right to ask for 80mil+ good on them.

Van de Beek leaving United now for 500000 euros. Thats a 34.5 million Euro hit they are taking on him. Madness.

Willy Kambwala on his way to Villareal for €10 million with a buy back clause for United.

It's a shame, I would have liked to have seen more of him.

Thankfully they've put a buy back clause. Sucks though, he's had a taste and now knows he is 5th choice so makes sense that he leaves if he doesn't want to wait for chances.

We seem to be really pushing for Toney. Apparently he wants the move.

I'm not sure about it. We've invested so much into Hojlund that we would need to give him good minutes and I don't think Toney will want to share the role which will lead to clashing with ten Hag.

Then there's Zirkzee. He could be used as another winger as he can play there and be effective, but we recruited him to be a striker.

United will be getting used to up the Toney price, nothing more. You wouldn't buy Zirkzee if you were truly wanting Toney.

Toney makes more sense of the 2, but no way you buy both when you've already got a project striker you've paid plenty for.

Zirkzee wing won't work as we have too many wingers as it is. Sancho won't go anywhere, Amad needs minutes badly, Garnacho, Rashford, Antony. Pellistri and Greenwood to be sold.

Honestly, I would be shocked if he plays again for United. Last I heard, they were looking to sell him. There's been rumours about his absence and they weren't good. It seems like his bad luck with injuries has affected his mental health quite a bit.

Amadou Onana to Villa for £50 + add-ons.

That's a good pick up.

Doesn't look like the Yoro deal is happening, which is no surprise. I didn't think it would.

It was always a gamble for United and I think they went into it knowing that and were hoping to turn Real Madrid's reluctance to fork out the money for a player they really want into a negative. I also think they were trying to try and convince Yoro to not let the club that developed him and gave him his shot to get stiffed by Real Madrid.

But Yoro wants Real Madrid so that isn't going ahead.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • mrslong
  • Waynesaurus
  • Redfern_1980
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Painin the Haas
  • Fitzy
  • BroncoFan94
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • FACTHUNT
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  • Broncorob
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Wolfie
  • Battler
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.