FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

Leny Yoro is flying to Manchester to complete medical and finalize the deal.

It looks like we've got him.

I think part of the deal is Yoro is going to be first choice and partner Martinez.

It looks like the de Ligt deal won't go ahead now because of this. I think it came down to either Yoro or de Ligt.

Leny Yoro is flying to Manchester to complete medical and finalize the deal.

It looks like we've got him.
Does he actually want to be there though... he's been holding out the whole time for Madrid

Does he actually want to be there though... he's been holding out the whole time for Madrid

I think if he didn't want to come, he would have just stayed at Lille for another year and then went to Real Madrid on a free transfer.

It sounds like Real Madrid got a bit arrogant and we've come in and shown him a lot of love and that's changed his mind. I think his family played a part as well.

I reckon he will go to Real Madrid eventually, but he's got re-sale value and provided he doesn't flop, we should benefit from that sale.

United still need another CB even if Yoro happens.

Still feel like De Ligt might happen instead of Branthwaite.

Kambwala, Varane already left and likely Lindelof also, Maguire a possibility, think you need 1 more.

I hope we don't get suckered in to buying Frimpong if the AWB to West Ham move happens.

He absolutely will not work at RB in a back 4. It's RWB or nothing.

If you must buy a Dutch RB, get Dumfries.

£15 million for AWB. Take it.

You're not getting more than that. If the price was to go up I think 20 max. I don't think you're getting more than that.

Mason Greenwood to Marseille here we go.

He's on a plane to do the medical and sign the documents.

Thankfully that whole saga is finally over.

He doesnt want to go to United, thats pretty clear. Signing players who dont really want to join you is a recipe for disaster. He's going to be very well paid though.

He's a good young player, but when you look at how this has played out its showing how dumb Uniteds transfer policy is. United offer 40 million Euros. Real offer 20 million, so United up their offer to 60 million including addons. All this for a player with 1 year left on his contract. I thought Ashworth would have been smarter than that. Overpaying like this is dumb.

I think if he didn't want to come, he would have just stayed at Lille for another year and then went to Real Madrid on a free transfer.

It sounds like Real Madrid got a bit arrogant and we've come in and shown him a lot of love and that's changed his mind. I think his family played a part as well.

I reckon he will go to Real Madrid eventually, but he's got re-sale value and provided he doesn't flop, we should benefit from that sale.

I wouldn't be so naive..

Madrid said all along they wouldn't pay a fee, their strategy was to wait and get him for free. Nothing to do with arrogance, it's what they did for Alaba, Mbappe, Camavinga, Rudiger and a few others; no compromise was ever on the table there.

I reckon it's a combination of you guys offering him life changing wages and Lille begging him to entertain the idea. For a club like them its a huge deal and they would have been in his ear about how they helped to develop him and this is the only way for them to be sustainable etc. Losing a player like that for free is the worst outcome imagineable.

I'm a bit surprised its come to this, he's a very good talent and living in Spain definitely beats living in England. I'm with Wolfie, there's serious red flags because he's always wanted Madrid and I don't like the idea of wanting a player who doesn't want you.

We were definitely interested too but we were never messing with the wage structure to make an offer he would consider.

Very interested to see what happens to De Ligt now.

United never upped their offer. Their first offer was accepted, they didn't need to up their offer.

We came in with just over £40 million plus add-ons (€50 million plus add-ons) and that was accepted. The reports that said we offered more than that were rubbish.

We were never getting Yoro waiting for his contract to run out and we were never getting him offering what Real Madrid did. We were never beating Real Madrid doing that.

Real Madrid won the La Liga, won the Champions League and will win them next year and continue winning them quite regularly. We haven't been anywhere near winning the PL or Champions League in years. Our chance of getting Yoro was coming in giving Lille an offer they wouldn't refuse and putting the pressure on for Yoro to join us. The positive is, if he kicks on like everyone thinks he will, his re-sale value will be beneficial for us when Real Madrid do come knocking.

What the **** is this? It's like they ran out of ideas, looked at a bottle of Lynx Africa and thought yeah let's put that on a shirt.

@Santa are you a fan or nah?

What the **** is this? It's like they ran out of ideas, looked at a bottle of Lynx Africa and thought yeah let's put that on a shirt.

@Santa are you a fan or nah?

Yea this looks nearly as dumb as our Manly away jersey...

Is Arsenal playing EPL games in Africa or something?

It has been designed in collaboration with LABRUM (no I've never heard of them) a brand committed to telling the untold stories of Africa. It is designed to celebrate Arsenals connection to their African supporters.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • lynx000
  • kiwibronco
  • Footy Fanatic
  • kman
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • mystico
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.