FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

City about to re-sign Gundogan. Also rumours they are looking for a back-up striker.

Any hope other title rivals had is pretty much over now.

Cas doesn't have the legs to maintain his performance against Fulham.

Cas doesn't have the legs to maintain his performance against Fulham.
Agree, but the general point was any player can have a one-off good game. I don't think Amrabat is any good personally and a cup final against a drunk City side doesn't change that.

Ugarte might have the legs to be a destroyer in midfield but you guys will lose plenty going forward by having him as your 6. His ability on the ball is really poor.

I guess the hope would be that Mainoo and Bruno can compensate for that but I'm not convinced.

City about to re-sign Gundogan. Also rumours they are looking for a back-up striker.

Any hope other title rivals had is pretty much over now.

Would be nice if we can get some good money for him. Otherwise, sucks he's leaving.

McTominay?
This has to be sattire.

8 at a stretch, best at 10 but surely you saw some of his time there during the McFred era. He can't play as the deeper CDM at all, especially against better teams.

I've only seen Ugarte for Uruguay and pre-PSG, but I do think we have a gap at 6. Whether he is the answer is another question as I do agree he is questionable on the ball. Even if not until next season, this will be Casemiro's last so need to find someone or Mainoo develops into the role more over the next season.

Amrabat is still a stop gap, I wasn't implying he is our go to 6 each week. We need to improve the squad and depth, and he does that, that's all.

I think Cas will be a fine back-up option for this season. Coming off the bench for 30 minutes a game, I think he'll handle that just fine and we'll see a better player. I just don't think he has the legs to play the bulk of the minutes.

Plus, he wants a move and Saudi were interested until I believe there was a change in leadership and that link went cold. He'll need to play well if he wants a move and I think that will drive him.

When it comes to Amrabat, I think he'll be a better player when he's being used primarily as a 6. He was all over the place last season in a struggling side and I think that had an impact on his performances. Being used all over the place wouldn't have helped with consistency. He's cheap as shit and provides depth so bring him back I say.

Next season when we're able to offload more players, we can bring in someone better.

Flick name dropping Rashford in an interview after the Nico Williams deal fell through.

It'll never happen but it'd be great if something came of it. Couple years ago I'd have been shattered if Rashford left... how times have changed.

I don’t see how Barca could go from Williams to Rashford.

The deal fell through because of their financial situation right? They aren’t going to afford what United want for Rashford, they will want at least 80, and then there’s his wages

So I wonder how Napoli are going to do this when they can't afford him. They approached us looking for a loan deal because they can't afford him unless they sell Osimhen which doesn't look like it's happening.

I read somewhere they wanted Lukaku too. I'm guessing as an Osimhen replacement.

Goncalo Ramos has just had a bad injury at PSG, so they might go in for Osimhen now.

I don’t see how Barca could go from Williams to Rashford.

The deal fell through because of their financial situation right? They aren’t going to afford what United want for Rashford, they will want at least 80, and then there’s his wages
80mil for Rashford would be absolutely insane haha!

We'll give them Luis Diaz for 50mil :rofl

So apparently we paid £1 million for him. He’s a defensive midfielder so along with Collyer, Cas and likely Amrabat, we’ll have some depth there in case anything happens to Ugarte.

From what I’ve seen of him on YouTube, he looks like a talented prospect but that’s the problem with compilation videos, they don’t show everything. He’s highly rated amongst talent scouts though so there’s that.

I like that we’re looking to bring in young talent to develop, as well. We still have that young striker Obi-Martin coming, as well. Ten Hag has done a lot to improve the youth system at the club and he has a focus on developing the young talent so maybe we’ll see them play at some point this season.

Looks like Amad is out of the Brighton game that's on tonight.

His mother has passed.

Unchanged line-up against Brighton.

Maguire still being picked in the starting side. Great..

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Hurrijo
  • Galah
  • Alec
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.