FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

Having Jorge Mendes at United now, who is his agent, could help sway him to move to United.
If Bayern come in again, it's really no competition unfortunately.

Klopptus Sport.

**** me, I just unsubscribed.

If Bayern come in again, it's really no competition unfortunately.

When we were looking at signing him, we found out he's apparently got some knee condition that hasnt effected him in his career yet. Cant remember what it is now, but he could go for the rest of his career with no issues but if it suddenly starts giving him issues its going to be difficult for him to keep going.

Man City in cruise control in this game.

Fulham just can't get any chances at all. If they can keep City scoreless in the second half though, maybe (and that's a big maybe) closer towards the end of the match they could catch a defender napping and get a chance to equalize.

Very doubtful, though.

When we were looking at signing him, we found out he's apparently got some knee condition that hasnt effected him in his career yet. Cant remember what it is now, but he could go for the rest of his career with no issues but if it suddenly starts giving him issues its going to be difficult for him to keep going.
Oh wow, hadn't heard that before.

It's been a while since we were heavily rumoured to him anyways I think, as soon as Bayern was in it went quiet.

Hopefully there's a younger version of him in Portugal we can 'find'.

I'm convinced Palhinha is pretty much the perfect player for United.

So clever on the ball, always showing for the pass out of defence, and disciplined in his positions off the ball.

Likely a club in a better position will come in though, like Bayern again.

I remember his name being on the list of players United were scouting. They were looking at him last summer transfer window I believe but I think at that time they didn't have the money.

I think Ten Hag is going to go hard for de Jong.

Especially with Barca wanting Greenwood. He's been wanting de Jong since he joined United.

I think Ten Hag is going to go hard for de Jong.

Especially with Barca wanting Greenwood.
His wages are astronomical, even for United standards. He'd also have to give up Europe.

I'm also not convinced at all he solves the midfield problem. You'd still need a top quality 6 to replace Casemiro. Dunno if the money will be there for 2 big midfield buys.

Mainoo is burning out as this season goes on, he can't be a starting cog in that team just yet week in week out.

**** what a chance that was for Fulham.

Oh my god.

That is two weak ass shots that the keeper has failed to save.

That's definitely game over now.

His wages are astronomical, even for United standards. He'd also have to give up Europe.

I'm also not convinced at all he solves the midfield problem. You'd still need a top quality 6 to replace Casemiro. Dunno if the money will be there for 2 big midfield buys.

Mainoo is burning out as this season goes on, he can't be a starting cog in that team just yet week in week out.

I personally wouldn't go for this, but I can see us going for de Jong and then getting Rabiot on the free transfer. He's capable of playing that role and if we fork out the money for de Jong, we wouldn't be able to spend the money for any of the other targets for that role. From what I can see Rabiot's wages aren't that bad. We tried getting Rabiot last summer window but the move didn't eventuate. He's still on the list though and there's just a feeling that United will try to get him again.

I think United will want to make a statement signing and I think de Jong is on the list for that type of signing.

Raibiot would be the most United signing ever. He's a complete dickhead.

Cant see them making a statement signing either tbh, they wont even be playing in Europe so no proven player with a big reputation will be going there.

Raibiot would be the most United signing ever. He's a complete dickhead.

Cant see them making a statement signing either tbh, they wont even be playing in Europe so no proven player with a big reputation will be going there.
They need to clear out all the crap and deadweight... money spent on paying out the ridiculous contracts could be just as well spent.

United have no squad depth as it is, so even just signings to flesh that out would be worthwhile

They need to clear out all the crap and deadweight... money spent on paying out the ridiculous contracts could be just as well spent.

United have no squad depth as it is, so even just signings to flesh that out would be worthwhile

Missing out on Europe could actually be a really good reset for them in some ways. Invest in good, younger players without the ego's who will still be attracted to playing for such a big club. If they keep looking at players like Rabiot or De Jong, who will cost fortunes they will be going nowhere again.

Mendes in that regard could either be a massive bonus for them or a big hindrance. He's the biggest agent in football, and would be able to get some really good young players to move there even without European football, but then you also have his Mendes carousel where he expect favours in return and you could get some almost washed up, big name player there for a big fee.

Mendes makes me a bit nervous. His extremely close ties with Wolves could see him encouraging our better players to move there and they would all improve United.

Zero chance of United signing De Jong. He's not going to go to any club that isn't playing UCL.

Rabiot I could see, although I think his chance for a move to England has probably past.

Anyway watched the City game last night. It's great to see teams are back to rolling over and letting City have their way with them.

Arsenal fans must be slowly starting to lose hope, there's nothing more inevitable than City winning in a run home. It's soul-destroying stuff but finally LFC fans have another fan base that can understand and relate to our trauma :rofl

Dunno why, just have a feeling we are going to somehow fluke a draw tonight and ruin Arsenal's chances.

The cynic in me would be stoked. Besting Arsenal when they are playing as they are and ruining their hopes would be unreal. As satisfying as taking RVP and winning the league with him was.

However it would be short lived when City then won a 4th straight. But then, nobody gives a flying shit about City anyways, they cheated for everything they have and it won't really mean anything if they did win it again.

Football emotions, ay?

Active Now

• jarro65
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Tim K
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • Spooky1013
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • theshed
  • The True King
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fitzy
  • broncos4life
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.