Ennis For The Exit

The Rock said:
Grub? Far from it. He might be a bit of a smart arse on the field, but he's far from a grub.

Anyway big deal if he was, Andrew Gee was one of the biggest grubs on the field and everyone loved him. [icon_shru

Gee never took a dive though (one of the lowest acts in the game imo), at least Gee didn't stoop to that level, he was dirty but he played fair (for the most part [icon_razz1 ). Besides any prop who can kick a 40/20(doesnt quite make up for that roosters game but it helped lol) gets a icon_thumbs_u in my book [icon_razz1

Frank the Tank said:
GCBRONCO said:
Sorry mate but it would a deadset joke to suggest he has proven himself at the club and as having the potential to reach the standard Cameron Smith and Robbie Farah produce for their side on a consistant basis,
GCBRONCO, Frank thinks you should give up now as many on here seem to be convinced that because of a few good games Michael Ennis is the next Darren Lockyer/Andrew Johns.

Sure Ennis has played great in a few games, but hes also been lacklustre in a few and even in the matches where he played great there were periods where he went missing. hes gotta play at his best for a few seasons before you could even suggest hes gonna be half the player cameron smith is, or even luke priddis.

Take no offence to this Frank but its a rare day that I would actually find myself agreeing with you [icon_ee

It is called Potential something you obviously have no clue about.

Nashy said:
m1c said:
Ennis apparently has agreed to terms with the doggies... should become official on monday...

Boyd/Michaels, Moon, Stagg and a few of the wingers should have been pissed off before we let this guy go..

Source?

Todays courier will back me up...

Why do they want him to leave? Is it because of other reasons besides footy ?

Maybe his personality ? ( Speculation on my part ) He's been to a few clubs now and none has tried hard to retain him.

Maybe he's like Priddis and just wants more than we can give. [icon_shru

The Rock said:
Jeza just told me that he spoke to Ennis tonight and Ennis said the Broncos have asked him to leave and that Ennis actually wants to stay with the club.

Bruno and co are idiots. End of story.

Ennis should have a sit-in.

Let the fans vote on what happens.

I know what the vote would be.

Goodbye Bruno. [icon_lol1.

Dexter said:
Why do they want him to leave? Is it because of other reasons besides footy ?

Maybe his personality ? ( Speculation on my part ) He's been to a few clubs now and none has tried hard to retain him.

Maybe he's like Priddis and just wants more than we can give. [icon_shru

He didnt seem all that happy after the game tonight, probably because of the result and because he didnt recieve any support at all in regards to sparking the team up!

The stupid thing about the situation is that Mick wants to stay (as Rock has already said).

I believe that he has probably asked for more than we can give, thus the club has asked him to leave because they feel they have more important players to sign. However I believe Mick is one of these players and should be kept at the club.

However he did also say that he hasnt signed with anyone else yet, so maybe there is a glimmer of hope there (5% chance or less of staying).

Staggy is in the same boat also, Mick mentioned.

Something pretty dumb happening in the camp currently I think.

Why is everyone going so ballistic over the prospect of Ennis leaving? After we signed Israel Folau people were always going to have to leave, it is the nature of the system.

Losing Ennis will be unfortunate because he is a very good hooker, but if we cannot afford him then we cannot afford him. You can't keep everyone.

robbie mustoe said:
Why is everyone going so ballistic over the prospect of Ennis leaving? After we signed Israel Folau people were always going to have to leave, it is the nature of the system.

Losing Ennis will be unfortunate because he is a very good hooker, but if we cannot afford him then we cannot afford him. You can't keep everyone.

Obviously. I think some people may feel that Folau just isn't worth the 400K a season, and all the players we will lose.

Sure, he is a very talented player. But honestly, those who think at this stage that his max of 10 touches a game are worth 400K a season, are out of their minds.

robbie mustoe said:
After we signed Israel Folau people were always going to have to leave, it is the nature of the system.

I agree with this, however I believe it should have been better managed. For instance letting some of the fringe players go, like the following:

Moon
Perry
Emmett
Frawley
Hewitt
Robinson (to an extent)

Its not like we are running short on talented backs at the moment, with Folau coming and the U20's backs ripping it up of late!

Where as on the other hand our hooking options arent as strong, we really only have Mick and PJ. Butterfield is good but he is a bit young and I think he needs the guidance of an Ennis or Marsh for a season or two before we can seriously consider him an option.

Alec said:
robbie mustoe said:

Obviously. I think some people may feel that Folau just isn't worth the 400K a season, and all the players we will lose.

Sure, he is a very talented player. But honestly, those who think at this stage that his max of 10 touches a game are worth 400K a season, are out of their minds.

His deal is not for 400k a season. Obviously noone knows the exact figure but the initial claims of a 1.6m deal have been rubbished.

Also, if you can watch this guy play football and not think he is the most dynamic back in the game at the moment you are insane.

I don't want the whole team to be sold but if it means losing Ennis and one of the backs to get a guy like Folau at the club I have no problem with it.

robbie mustoe said:
Alec said:
[quote="robbie mustoe":2puf9lm3]Why is everyone going so ballistic over the prospect of Ennis leaving? After we signed Israel Folau people were always going to have to leave, it is the nature of the system.

His deal is not for 400k a season. Obviously noone knows the exact figure but the initial claims of a 1.6m deal have been rubbished.

Also, if you can watch this guy play football and not think he is the most dynamic back in the game at the moment you are insane.

I don't want the whole team to be sold but if it means losing Ennis and one of the backs to get a guy like Folau at the club I have no problem with it.[/quote:2puf9lm3]

He is not the most dynamic back in the game. Inglis > Folau.

Jeza23 said:
robbie mustoe said:
After we signed Israel Folau people were always going to have to leave, it is the nature of the system.

I agree with this, however I believe it should have been better managed. For instance letting some of the fringe players go, like the following:

Moon
Perry
Emmett
Frawley
Hewitt
Robinson (to an extent)

Its not like we are running short on talented backs at the moment, with Folau coming and the U20's backs ripping it up of late!

Where as on the other hand our hooking options arent as strong, we really only have Mick and PJ. Butterfield is good but he is a bit young and I think he needs the guidance of an Ennis or Marsh for a season or two before we can seriously consider him an option.

I've said it before, but cutting fringe players isnt going to save you much (if any) money. You just have to sign other fringe player to replace them!!!

BroncoMatt said:
Jeza23 said:
robbie mustoe said:

Moon
Perry
Emmett
Frawley
Hewitt
Robinson (to an extent)

I've said it before, but cutting fringe players isnt going to save you much (if any) money. You just have to sign other fringe player to replace them!!!

Exactly mate, cutting the likes of these guys adds to nothing especially when all the guys we need to re-sign are after up grades. If you get rid of all these guys to all our depth that does have some experience goes out the window and next year we are throwing a lot of kids in the mix too early.

Folau is incredible and has room and time to get better he is a great signing, Ennis had a great month of footy and is playing well right now before these periods he was average for us at best and he also has a horror injury history why the hell would the club pin all its hopes on him for the future, sure he would have been good to keep but he is not a player I would match big money for, thats just the nature of the salary cap.

BroncoMatt said:

Absolutely!

Hunt
Hodges
Falou
Lockyer

Then there is; Thaiday, Sims, Clinton.

That's where the main coin is people.

So...um...to keep Ennis, who we cutting?

If Ennis wanted to remain, he would take a lesser offer.

IMO, there would be more to that story. Like CEO speaks to manager about what Broncos can afford to pay him, manager scoffs and says we want this much.

I may be wrong, maybe the club has straight out cut him off, I doubt it, everyone wants a bargain.

Hammo said:
IMO, there would be more to that story. Like CEO speaks to manager about what Broncos can afford to pay him, manager scoffs and says we want this much.

I may be wrong, maybe the club has straight out cut him off, I doubt it, everyone wants a bargain.

I agree, I see this as a situation of Ennis's manager saying the Bulldogs are offering this much....can you match it? And Bruno then telling them where to get off.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • HarryAllan7
  • Bucking Beads
  • johnny plath
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • john1420
  • Tmac
  • Gaz
  • Skyblues87
  • HVbronco
  • broncoscope
  • Dash
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Ffs...
  • Xzei
  • jd87
  • the_next
  • Pigskin
  • mrslong
  • Aldo
... and 43 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.