Ennis For The Exit

Maybe if Ennis keeps playing as well as he did for the next 3 weeks or so, and still doesn't sign a contract with anyone else....we might offer him a contract? That's what I'm hoping will happen.

The Rock said:
I've been given the impression that the Broncos are doing a Priddis on Ennis. eusa_think If that's the case then I won't be able to understand it. If Ennis is simply asking for more than he is worth, then I'll back Bruno's decision all the way.

However, I find it hard that Ennis would be asking for more than what he is really worth. We have him a chance after his injuries, he's never played better, form of his life and he says he's quite settled in Brisbane. I doubt that he'd push it. eusa_think

The question is what he is worth to us?
The Dogs may think he is worth say $300k. Clearly we couldn't pay that.

We are signing Folau who is a centre/winger, we shouldn't have to let go of our first choice hooker because of that.

Why not release someone like Michaels? He's just suffered a pretty serious injury that will affect him for the rest of his career, plus IMO he wasn't playing above average or anything. Sorry if i sound harsh but i don't see any reason to keep him ahead of Ennis.

ningnangnong said:
We are signing Folau who is a centre/winger, we shouldn't have to let go of our first choice hooker because of that.

Why not release someone like Michaels? He's just suffered a pretty serious injury that will affect him for the rest of his career, plus IMO he wasn't playing above average or anything. Sorry if i sound harsh but i don't see any reason to keep him ahead of Ennis.

Yea that is my concern too.

Foget all this crap about whether Ennis is the next Priddis or whatever.

We paid overs to keep Moon, and for what? We then go and sign up a so-so centre in Michaels with a busted knee so he can play on the wing, and fork out god only knows what to sign folau.

Michaels should have been let go. Arguably Moon as well. Use that money to either retain Ennis or at least sure up Wallace.

Either that or give Moon the centre spot and foget Folau, which I think is how we probably should have gone.

Still to be fair, we don't know the books. It may well be that long term, folau offers more bang for the buck, personal reasons may keep him in Brisbane for cheaper than Ennis.

Still we had better hope that Marsh stays injury free, or next year will be a very long one...

you never know, matt henjak could turn up on the bench........

How do you know we paid big money for Moon? From my understanding the Storm offered him a sweet deal but he turned it down even though the Broncos offer wasn't nearly as good. I'd be very surprised if he was one of the top 15-paid players in the squad.

Jebadude said:
How do you know we paid big money for Moon? From my understanding the Storm offered him a sweet deal but he turned it down even though the Broncos offer wasn't nearly as good. I'd be very surprised if he was one of the top 15-paid players in the squad.

I don't. I can only go on what I have read in the papers etc.

I never said he was on big money anyway, I said we paid overs to keep him, which as I said I picked up from what I read in the courier mostly.

Either way, I still think we have over paid on our outside backs, and under paid the hooker position, which I had hoped was something I wasn't going to see again at the broncos.

Better hope this 18 yr old Cam smith lookalike kid can play.

The Rock said:
Jeza just told me that he spoke to Ennis tonight and Ennis said the Broncos have asked him to leave and that Ennis actually wants to stay with the club.

Bruno and co are idiots. End of story.

Seriously though, What else is Ennis going to tell a Broncos fan?

If he was fair dinkum he could stay. There have been several players over the years who were told they were not wanted by the Broncos, but wanted to stay. So they took less money and stayed.
If Ennis does go, it will be his 4th club in 6 years. He'll go where the money is

Why the hell would the Broncos want him to leave, unless we have Smith inline- I do not see ANY other reason..

mal said:
Why the hell would the Broncos want him to leave, unless we have Smith inline- I do not see ANY other reason..

Some people have said that perhaps that McCullough guy could be our next Smith/Ennis.

As i understand it he has an option in his favour. if he activates it the Broncos would have to keep him anyway.

BroncoMatt said:
The Rock said:
Jeza just told me that he spoke to Ennis tonight and Ennis said the Broncos have asked him to leave and that Ennis actually wants to stay with the club.

Bruno and co are idiots. End of story.

Seriously though, What else is Ennis going to tell a Broncos fan?

Exactly. Lote Tuqiri told me in 2001 he wasn't going to go play Union - we all know how that turned out

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • HarryAllan7
  • Bucking Beads
  • johnny plath
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • john1420
  • Tmac
  • Gaz
  • Skyblues87
  • HVbronco
  • broncoscope
  • Dash
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Ffs...
  • Xzei
  • jd87
  • the_next
  • Pigskin
  • mrslong
  • Aldo
... and 42 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.