Enough is Enough - Time to Make Our Voices Heard

Not cancelling Kayo because I use it to watch UFC every weekend.

I'll watch the Broncs on Kayo if it isn't available on FTA - but I don't watch any other games of NRL at all anymore. Can't handle the shitty rule changes.

They can see how many people stream the games anyway - even if you still have a membership but they notice nobody is watching the NRL the value of the game will go down which will hurt them long term.

Yeah I won't cancel Kayo, I love the AFL, cricket, F1, hotdog eating, cycling and so many more.

Off the field maybe, but I am just as furious about their on-field and judiciary treatment, which is absolutely 100% something that we need to defend if we are of any chance of getting something remotely resembling fair treatment.
It isn't about this one time, it is about putting the NRL on notice that we are not going to continue taking this lying down. It will likely amount to nothing but doesn't mean you can't try.
The club is more acutely aware of this than we are. I think we have to assume they want the NRL to punish Payne. Otherwise they would've contested it, or dismissed it from the start. Same with Staggs. Maybe both of them were getting too big for their boots. Maybe it's a lever in devaluing their contract worth. Maybe it's some other head game that we can't see because we're not walking in their shoes.

Whatever the case, if you think as fans we're suffering because Payne is being suspended imagine how the coach feels. Now switch that thought to maybe the coach thought he needed it for whatever reason.

We are so far out of the loop on this. Ikin and Donuts aren't though. They don't need us pointing it out. It's clearly by design.

The club is more acutely aware of this than we are. I think we have to assume they want the NRL to punish Payne. Otherwise they would've contested it, or dismissed it from the start. Same with Staggs. Maybe both of them were getting too big for their boots. Maybe it's a lever in devaluing their contract worth. Maybe it's some other head game that we can't see because we're not walking in their shoes.

Whatever the case, if you think as fans we're suffering because Payne is being suspended imagine how the coach feels. Now switch that thought to maybe the coach thought he needed it for whatever reason.

We are so far out of the loop on this. Ikin and Donuts aren't though. They don't need us pointing it out. It's clearly by design.

You are still somehow missing the point. This isn't about Payne per se, it is about lack of consistency.

You are still somehow missing the point. This isn't about Payne per se, it is about lack of consistency.
Maybe you are missing the point. You think you are seeing something the club can't. It's the other way around. They are living and breathing it. We're just observing it from afar with tidbits filtered to us by third parties who profit from us getting upset. Of course we're upset.

At the outbreak of this squabble, several commentators - like Brent Read - wanted us to cut all ties with Haas. He was a cancer at the heart of the club. Instead he's only been dished a fine and a week's suspension. Mostly because he's a serial offender. Now we're upset he got punished while some other player didn't.

The club needed help. They got it. Every club appears to have a different relationship with the Integrity Unit, and every time it depends on the player. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if this is the result the club wanted. Of course the coach will never admit that. He's the good cop.

Why wouldn't we fight it to prolong it til after Panthers so he can sit out against the Dogs?

Being a "nice" organisation doesn't win premierships. For evidence, look at the Storm, Roosters and Panthers. Grow some fucking balls!!!
Pepsi make alot of money and they are not winning the Cola game, it's not about winning.

Maybe you are missing the point. You think you are seeing something the club can't. It's the other way around. They are living and breathing it. We're just observing it from afar with tidbits filtered to us by third parties who profit from us getting upset. Of course we're upset.

At the outbreak of this squabble, several commentators - like Brent Read - wanted us to cut all ties with Haas. He was a cancer at the heart of the club. Instead he's only been dished a fine and a week's suspension. Mostly because he's a serial offender. Now we're upset he got punished while some other player didn't.

The club needed help. They got it. Every club appears to have a different relationship with the Integrity Unit, and every time it depends on the player. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if this is the result the club wanted. Of course the coach will never admit that. He's the good cop.

This...is...not...just...about...Haas.

Don't you have some stuff to quote and put your name at the bottom?

This...is...not...just...about...Haas.
The club is absolutely piss weak. I had hoped that DD would make a difference and stand up to the NRL but I was wrong.
You must be livid that Montoya got a four match ban for calling another player a bum jumper instead of a motherfucking dog felching ****.

The club is absolutely piss weak. I had hoped that DD would make a difference and stand up to the NRL but I was wrong.

DD was never going to come in and burn the foundations of this club to the ground and rebuild from scratch.

He was all about bringing back the Broncos DNA for all to see.

And since 1988, I can count on one finger the number of times this club has fought an injustice... and even that one we only partially won, still getting spanked with a 75k fine

One of our wannabe journos should drop a line to the Brisbane media, since they're so keen to put the boot into the club all the time.

The gutter B*tch Katie Brown comes to mind......

She'd love a story about 1000's of disgruntled Bronco's fans

.....?

One of our wannabe journos should drop a line to the Brisbane media, since they're so keen to put the boot into the club all the time.

The gutter B*tch Katie Brown comes to mind......

She'd love a story about 1000's of disgruntled Bronco's fans

.....?

Our wannabe journalist seems to not understand a very clearly explained issue on here, there's no chance.

Our wannabe journalist seems to not understand a very clearly explained issue on here, there's no chance.

I presume this insult is aimed at me. Fucking hell what a bag of crybaby sad this thread is, and you're the sphincterleader of whinging.

The term you're grasping for is "transparency" not "consistency." And you're not going to get that. You don't, we don't, have a clue what's going on behind the scenes. And that's by design. You're making out like it's a one-way channel dictated by the NRL and the poor ickle Broncos are being marginalized.

You never pause to wonder if it's a relationship. And maybe that explains why there are different outcomes. That's without mentioning how the nature of the offence, circumstance, previous record and media reaction will demand different courses of action.

Our attorney nailed it here:

The club is run by Dave Donaghy. He's no mug. He got the result he wanted. And that is - in this instance - he doesn't want this serial recidivist levering his thug justice around the yard, particularly at a time when he's also throwing his weight around with his contract.

Other clubs might want different remedies. You don't know that. Because it's not TRANSPARENT.

There is nothing to complain about here. Payne got the bare minimum punishment for publicly assaulting another player and embarressing both the club and the reputation of rugby league players.

I presume this insult is aimed at me. Fucking hell what a bag of crybaby sad this thread is, and you're the sphincterleader of whinging.

The term you're grasping for is "transparency" not "consistency." And you're not going to get that. You don't, we don't, have a clue what's going on behind the scenes. And that's by design. You're making out like it's a one-way channel dictated by the NRL and the poor ickle Broncos are being marginalized.

You never pause to wonder if it's a relationship. And maybe that explains why there are different outcomes. That's without mentioning how the nature of the offence, circumstance, previous record and media reaction will demand different courses of action.

The club is run by Dave Donaghy. He's no mug. He got the result he wanted. And that is - in this instance - he doesn't want this serial recidivist levering his thug justice around the yard, particularly at a time when he's also throwing his weight around with his contract.

Other clubs might want different remedies. You don't know that. Because it's not TRANSPARENT.

There is nothing to complain about here. Payne got the bare minimum punishment for publicly assaulting another player and embarressing both the club and the reputation of rugby league players.
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

6e40a02ca10077b39bc0888d50659695

Attachments

• hes_right_you_know__star_wars_by_vinceonastick_dbcbz5p-fullview.jpg
    hes_right_you_know__star_wars_by_vinceonastick_dbcbz5p-fullview.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 70

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Locky24
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.