RUMOUR Ethan Bullemor to Raiders on loan deal

What happens if he does an ACL or something while he's down there, we lose a player, he takes up his option for next year and we're out a player?

The way things are going this season that is probably on the cards.

What happens if he does an ACL or something while he's down there, we lose a player, he takes up his option for next year and we're out a player?
Given our current injury toll I don't think he'd be much safer up here.

I don't see any real benefit as I think Bullemor should be close to first grade with the amount of injuries in our back row and poor form of Offa, Flegler and Lodge.

If we're making space for Green I'll be even more pissed off, because he is not the answer to our problems

This is the thing for me. I can see the benefit of him going to the Raiders for some game time, due to the lack of any lower grades, but given the poor form of some of our squad and the injury toll why isn't he getting a run with us?

He is guaranteed to come back... it is a LOAN

Well yeah, he would need to come back to pack up all his shit to move to Canberra when he doesn't have to take up the player option at the end of this year.

Well yeah, he would need to come back to pack up all his shit to move to Canberra when he doesn't have to take up the player option at the end of this year.

I'm pretty sure player options would already have had to be taken up ... they don't get all season to decide

When do they get to?

i suppose it's not a standard thing but you usually hear about options having to be taken up by June. since it's a contract, they may not get extra time because of COVID

It isn’t safe to assume this sort of contract competence at the Broncos.

Nothing wrong with the contracts ... just who we're offering them to.
5* year deal to a first year coach with no team performance requirements in the contract.

Rich 4* year deal to a 30 year old with a bum hammy and declining form.

Rich 4* year deal to a centre who didn't really fit anywhere and would have been better spent on a position we were poor in... like a half.

Giving out player options like candy leaving our future cap budget in limbo every year unsure who is going to be around the following season.

Yeah our contract choices have been amazing

;)

5* year deal to a first year coach with no team performance requirements in the contract.

Rich 4* year deal to a centre who didn't really fit anywhere and would have been better spent on a position we were poor in... like a half.

Giving out player options like candy leaving our future cap budget in limbo every year unsure who is going to be around the following season.

;)

Once again there is nothing wrong with the actual contracts just who we are offering them to.

I mean if we gave those exact contracts to a Craig Bellamy or a Payne Haas or a David Fifita etc, people would be dancing in the streets

And FYI even Melbourne use player options, and take a guess who they give them to ... I'll give you a hint, it's not the Cam Smiths of the world

Last edited:
Once again there is nothing wrong with the actual contracts just who we are offering them to.

I mean if we gave those exact contracts to a Craig Bellamy or a Payne Haas or a David Fifita etc, people would be dancing in the streets

And FYI even Melbourne use player options, and take a guess who they give them to ... I'll give you a hint, it's not the Cam Smiths of the world

Bur that’s all part of it. Who they give the contracts to is part of the contract issue.

has Bullemor left yet..?.....dont think he has much of a future here...both due to salary cap, rival talent avaiable etc....hes a bit of a square peg in a round hole..

Nothing personal but....he has shown very little with us.....

Last edited:
Bur that’s all part of it. Who they give the contracts to is part of the contract issue.

my initial comment was to sproj in reference to the Broncos contracts not being good enough to include a clause for when player options must be taken up by ... as i said there would be nothing wrong with the actual contracts.

especially since the majority of guys on our board are business people instead of ex footy players.

who we offer these contracts to is a different story

has Bullemor left yet..?.....dont think he has much of a future here...both due to salary cap, rival talent avaiable etc....hes a bit of a square peg in a round hole..

Nothing personal but....he has shown very little with us.....
From his 3 appearances so far?

;)

bUt wE weRe stiLl cHasiNg asH tAyLor

biRd wAs GoIng to pLaY LoCk

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Culhwch
  • Dash
  • Battler
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fozz
  • Broncorob
  • Rookie Alan
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manofoneway
  • Redux
  • Waynesaurus
  • kman
  • Harry Sack
  • NSW stables
  • BruiserMk1
  • winslow_wong
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • cento
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.