RUMOUR Ethan Bullemor to Raiders on loan deal

We are suffering a major injury crisis but what people are forgetting or just flat out ignoring is that we can call him back if more injuries occur and we need him.

At the moment, he is doing nothing but standing around kicking stones. At least this way, he can get some match fitness and if we call him back, we don't have an underdone player coming into the side.
Can we call him back???.
I thought it was a loan until the end of the year.
(We probably have a recall option in his favour.)
Also Melb did a swap with Momirovski, mutual benefit.

We are suffering a major injury crisis but what people are forgetting or just flat out ignoring is that we can call him back if more injuries occur and we need him.

At the moment, he is doing nothing but standing around kicking stones. At least this way, he can get some match fitness and if we call him back, we don't have an underdone player coming into the side.
If that's true, at best we'll be able to recall a player who hasn't trained with the team in weeks and expect him to play a part in a team which has been extremely disjointed. Have you any link where it's been stated we can recall him in case of one more injury atop the number we're currently experiencing? I'd also note if we retain the option to recall him then we wouldn't be able to use the small fraction of his even smaller salary towards getting in any other player, or risk his recall pushing us over the cap.

If he's good enough to play for Canberra surely he's worth giving a run here.

I'm all for this (provided the Broncs get him back). Honestly, be pragmatic about this. The players at Brisbane are stagnating and / or regressing, this is an undeniable fact.

Sending him to a good club with high standards will benefit him. He will improve there, he won't being a part of the rabble in the Sharks...I mean Broncos jersey.

If that's true, at best we'll be able to recall a player who hasn't trained with the team in weeks and expect him to play a part in a team which has been extremely disjointed. Have you any link where it's been stated we can recall him in case of one more injury atop the number we're currently experiencing? I'd also note if we retain the option to recall him then we wouldn't be able to use the small fraction of his even smaller salary towards getting in any other player, or risk his recall pushing us over the cap.

If he's good enough to play for Canberra surely he's worth giving a run here.
It'll be the same arrangement as teams have had with warriors including the one that allowed the roosters to recall Faamausili after he had played for the warriors.

It's different to the Grant /Momorvski as that was a player swap (teams have taken on their contract for the year)... and also different to the Kahu /Macca deals as the cows and knights took on their contracts

Last edited:
It's not really the same situation. The Storm aren't suffering a massive injury crisis and have loaned out Grant because there's no ISC for him to develop in. C. Smith has a very very good injury-free history and even if he were to do an ACL at training this morning they've got B. Smith right there as a backup.

We're a couple of injuries short of naming Alfie and the bloke who drives the team bus. How many forwards are out injured at the moment? Going by our luck this season how long before the next one goes down, or before TPJ gets a life ban for a marginal tackle?
Bellamy planned this before COVID

It'll be the same arrangement as teams have had with warriors including the one that allowed the roosters to recall Faamausili after he had played for the warriors.

It's different to the Grant /Momorvski as that was a player swap (teams have taken on their contract for the year)... and also different to the Kahu /Macca deals as the cows and knights took on their contracts
And the Raiders will be taking on Bullemore's contract if the loan goes ahead ... we're not giving them a player for free

And the Raiders will be taking on Bullemore's contract if the loan goes ahead ... we're not giving them a player for free
So what do we do with the fraction of the small salary he's on? Can't spend it on other players in case he comes back.

So what do we do with the fraction of the small salary he's on? Can't spend it on other players in case he comes back.
The only thing I can think of is us having spare cash from the Macca deal??

I believe Macca was about $400k and we have picked up Isaac and Teo on minimum wages since then.

So we might have a little bit leftover from that

The only thing I can think of is us having spare cash from the Macca deal??

I believe Macca was about $400k and we have picked up Isaac and Teo on minimum wages since then.

So we might have a little bit leftover from that
Sure, there may be money left over from Macca. But my point is what benefit do we get from this aside from the previously unthinkable one of sending a player off to develop under a better coach? If things have sunk to the point where we're openly admitting training in this squad under this coaching staff is counter-productive and we need to send off our juniors to be finished elsewhere then this is a new low for the club.

Sure, there may be money left over from Macca. But my point is what benefit do we get from this aside from the previously unthinkable one of sending a player off to develop under a better coach? If things have sunk to the point where we're openly admitting training in this squad under this coaching staff is counter-productive and we need to send off our juniors to be finished elsewhere then this is a new low for the club.
I don't see any real benefit as I think Bullemor should be close to first grade with the amount of injuries in our back row and poor form of Offa, Flegler and Lodge.

If we're making space for Green I'll be even more pissed off, because he is not the answer to our problems

Do we know that for sure though? Wouldn’t each loan deal be different in terms of length and ability to call back? Knowing the idiots in charge they probably just said have him for as long as you need.

What happens if he does an ACL or something while he's down there, we lose a player, he takes up his option for next year and we're out a player?

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • simplythebest
  • john1420
  • Johnny92
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Xzei
  • HarryAllan7
  • Stix
  • Fitzy
  • mrslong
  • Porthoz
  • Brocko
  • johnny plath
  • Financeguy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.