FOOTBALL Euro 2024

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
**** off ref.

That's clearly come off Stones you twat.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
There it is.

Netherlands had their chances but just couldn't nail them.

Bish

Bish

QCup Player
May 11, 2023
How we’ve got to a final again is beyond me. Apart from a few highlights over the tournament here and there, we’ve been largely labourious and dissapointing.

Still, I’ll take it but will need to be at our best to bear Spain

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
How we’ve got to a final again is beyond me. Apart from a few highlights over the tournament here and there, we’ve been largely labourious and dissapointing.

Still, I’ll take it but will need to be at our best to bear Spain
We are going to bore our way to be champions

Bish

Bish

QCup Player
May 11, 2023
Southgate has arguably had the best talented players England have had for generations and his tactics are why they haven’t won anything. Against Italy in the last final we had them on the ropes and were winners all ends up, until he made subs and went defensive. We could have gone on to put 4 past them in that game if he’d stayed positive.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Would prefer England over Spain but feel like Spain will just pass you guys off the park.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I'm not fearful of Spain. They have been the best team in a tournament of underperforming sides but I dont think they have even been outstanding.

Long shot, I'm just hoping we actually click into our best form in the final. We are more than capable of beating this Spain side if we do.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
A god amongst men. Never doubted him for a second. United will be very lucky to have him.

Gareth southgate england 2018 world cup 1o8wblldmmgte12pcabcq2wx6u

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The second half wasn't encouraging for England.

They had Netherlands on the ropes, they were rattled in the first half. They couldn’t get the ball out of their own end and England had a lot of possession in their middle third. Foden in particular was cooking. He almost scored the second for England after getting through the last line of defence from a Mainoo pass, but his shot was stopped on the goal line by Dumfries.

But when both teams came out in the second half, they were a far different team. They were playing very conservative and as a result allowed Netherlands back in the game. Netherlands were warming into the game and had some decent chances but their execution wasn’t good enough. However, I think if Depay doesn’t go off injured, Netherlands find that second goal. He provides that extra attacking threat and while his shooting boots weren’t on this tournament, he gives the defence another attacking player to worry about which helps the likes of Gakpo and Simons. With Depay off, it was easier containing those two because let’s face it, Weghorst doesn’t really worry anyone.

Spain won’t have that same problem. Rodri will have a field day with the England defence if they dish up what they have been this tournament so far.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
The second half wasn't encouraging for England.

They had Netherlands on the ropes, they were rattled in the first half. They couldn’t get the ball out of their own end and England had a lot of possession in their middle third. Foden in particular was cooking. He almost scored the second for England after getting through the last line of defence from a Mainoo pass, but his shot was stopped on the goal line by Dumfries.

But when both teams came out in the second half, they were a far different team. They were playing very conservative and as a result allowed Netherlands back in the game. Netherlands were warming into the game and had some decent chances but their execution wasn’t good enough. However, I think if Depay doesn’t go off injured, Netherlands find that second goal. He provides that extra attacking threat and while his shooting boots weren’t on this tournament, he gives the defence another attacking player to worry about which helps the likes of Gakpo and Simons. With Depay off, it was easier containing those two because let’s face it, Weghorst doesn’t really worry anyone.

Spain won’t have that same problem. Rodri will have a field day with the England defence if they dish up what they have been this tournament so far.

Everyone keeps writing us off, yet here we are in the final.

News 372792

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
England haven't come out of the dressing room for the 2nd half.

1-0 down and olmo shouldve made it 2.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
That was a very poor start from England.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Spain stepping up now and looking very dangerous.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Kane looks spent. Closing down at half pace.

Unread

Active Now

• JamesC
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.