FOOTBALL Euro 2024

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
What a stop Olmo.

That should be the moment that wins them the game.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
4mins seems quite low for 3 goals and a bunch of subs.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
On the balance Spain deserve to win it.

Two finals in a row though, that's gotta haunt them.

Still not coming home.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Southgate has to go.

That squad is ridiculously stacked but his selections have been shit along with his tactics.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Both very good teams. Spain just had the edge.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Southgate has to go.

That squad is ridiculously stacked but his selections have been shit along with his tactics.
I always wonder with British teams just how much marketing affects our opinion of a player's skill.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Can't help but feel tonight's result is a bit of justice.

Oh well, maybe next time.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Best team won sadly, but I can't help thinking a better manager would have won this tournament for us.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Best team won sadly, but I can't help thinking a better manager would have won this tournament for us.
he was surprisingly proactive in subbing Kane, but failed to sub Walker when he was clearly gassed. Fine margins and all that.

There was that brief 5min period after the equalizer where I thought this was your moment to snatch it, had the momentum and you guys were winning the mids. Didn't last long.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
he was surprisingly proactive in subbing Kane, but failed to sub Walker when he was clearly gassed. Fine margins and all that.

There was that brief 5min period after the equalizer where I thought this was your moment to snatch it, had the momentum and you guys were winning the mids. Didn't last long.

I'm heartbroken to get beaten in a final again. Still blame Southgate. This side should go toe to toe with any side around with the squad we have. Horrible thing is they are apparently offering him a 2 year extension.

Probably best for you guys we lost. I would be even more insufferable than usual if we won!

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I'm heartbroken to get beaten in a final again. Still blame Southgate. This side should go toe to toe with any side around with the squad we have. Horrible thing is they are apparently offering him a 2 year extension.

Probably best for you guys we lost. I would be even more insufferable than usual if we won!

Sorry mate. As we all know, finals suck to lose.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Argentina with the nice win. Messi went off early but still gets to lift another trophy.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I don't know what the **** Walker was doing for the Oyarzabal goal. Cucurella completely unmarked and given time put in a great cross into the box. Walker out of position for both goals. He's got pace, but that's all he has, he shouldn't be in the side.

The awareness from Stones was poor, as well. Kept Oyarzabal onside.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Sorry mate. As we all know, finals suck to lose.

It's the worst feeling. The 2010 WC Final still haunts me.

Robben had a chance. It was the chance. It should have been us.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
It's the worst feeling. The 2010 WC Final still haunts me.

Robben had a chance. It was the chance. It should have been us.

That was a great Dutch team. A shame they didn't play very Dutch in the final.

I think the best Dutch team in my lifetime was 98. That Ajax golden generation along with Bergkamp and a few others. Only got done by Brazil on pens. Would have been a tougher opponent for France in the final.

They were the best team at the tournament at home 2 years later as well. Just unlucky.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
This is a pretty good breakdown of the game and really it highlights why Harry Kane and Kyle Walker should not have been in the side from the start.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Southgate GOOOOOOONE.

He's stepping down. Every England fan that's not mates with him rejoices.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • ParraMania
  • Spoon
  • Sproj
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.