Everyone over Wallace?

Coxy said:
Let's see.

Early season: Broncos pack was on fire, Wallace was on fire.
Mid-season: Broncos pack was tired, jaded and Wallace was injured.
Late season: Broncos pack is soft (Gordie says so), and Wallace is struggling.

Spotting a relationship here?

If the Broncos pack stop playing like marshmallows, Wallace might start playing for the chocolates.

Spot on Coxy, I think some people are expecting too much from him too soon, his already shown earlier in the season the potential he has had when he has no injury setbacks and behind a forward pack that lives upto its actual potential. Sure his not setting the world on fire at present but his not been struggling either, we could always go back to Perry if people desire just to give them something else to whinge about.

I'm more than happy with the way he's gone for us so far this season.

Lets not forget he's only new here ... still feeling his way in .... he'll step up and become a great player for us in the years to come, maybe even take over as captain one day.

He almost lost him man jewels. I would be a bit low on confidence as well.

All the points above are valid. He is playing along side the worlds best player in his second (first full) season, of course he is not going to set the world on fire every game.

This kid has talent.

How can you be over him? He has been the best halfback we have had since Alfie in just under a full season!

Also he is going to be our halfback until 2012, so you better get used to him in the team.

He has been in out top 3 players for this year, even as Rock said, behind a forward pack that has struggled at times to dominate the opposition!

IMO, Wallace playes his role in the team perfectly. Fair enough he struggled in defence against Titans and Dragons, however his role is as a support to Locky.

The fact we have another recognised ball player in the halves, takes MASSIVE pressure of Lockyer, allowing him to play his game and pull off those miracle things he does.

Wallace is great.

Coxy said:
Let's see.

Early season: Broncos pack was on fire, Wallace was on fire.
Mid-season: Broncos pack was tired, jaded and Wallace was injured.
Late season: Broncos pack is soft (Gordie says so), and Wallace is struggling.

Spotting a relationship here?

If the Broncos pack stop playing like marshmallows, Wallace might start playing for the chocolates.

[eusa_clap.gi Absofrickenlutely.

And its not just Wallace, it's halfbacks in general.

No halfback, regardless of their talent, can dominate matches and find good forms if their pigs aren't giving them some momentum and space to work!

With the possible exception of Alfie. He's the only one I've seen that was able to pull out a win for a team whose pack was getting absolutely owned.

See 1994 for numerous examples. The Broncos pack were abysmal that season and yet they made the finals purely and simply on the performance of Alfie IMHO.

I think having Ennis out of the side we'll see Wallace more and see his form improve. Ennis tends to take the attack away from Wallace, Marsh definately works much better with Wallace and Lockyer. When Wallace was firing early, it was with Marsh at hooker.

666 said:
I think having Ennis out of the side we'll see Wallace more and see his form improve. Ennis tends to take the attack away from Wallace, Marsh definately works much better with Wallace and Lockyer. When Wallace was firing early, it was with Marsh at hooker.

I totally agree

666 said:

Yeah, today Wallace will either start getting involved more (because Marsh isn't an organizer) or we will sort of struggle.

He was real strong today I thought apart from the intercept pass he threw, mind you the play was on...it just needed a little more flight.

His kicking game is just emmaculate! He found grass on every occasion, not many halfbacks can do that these days.

He has been a pivotal part in our success this year and will continue to be heading into the finals and in future years!

Jeza23 said:
He was real strong today I thought apart from the intercept pass he threw, mind you the play was on...it just needed a little more flight.

I was annoyed with that play because he should have offloaded to Clinton who was the man next to him. Clinton has no speed, but he would have been able to draw the last remaining defender and offloaded to 2 men outside him.

Also, was annoyed Wallace kept kicking for the sideline. Very dreary and negative tactic in the modern game.

Hammo said:
I was annoyed with that play because he should have offloaded to Clinton who was the man next to him. Clinton has no speed, but he would have been able to draw the last remaining defender and offloaded to 2 men outside him.

Also, was annoyed Wallace kept kicking for the sideline. Very dreary and negative tactic in the modern game.

Re: Your first point. One could argue that Lockyer should have gone through the hands rather than throw the cut-out pass. Then Wally would have been in a better position to pass himself.

Re: Your second point. The Channel 9 guys were critical of this "negative tactic" too. But isn't that good wet weather tactics? Our defence wasn't great today, so maybe it was better to have a set defensive line rather than risk someone like Utai bringing the ball back in broken play.

I actually agree with you, but I don't think it's as black and white as it seems. There are valid arguments for both sides.

He didn't really seem to stand up and take over the organization with Ennis away (probably because they found out Ennis couldn't play pretty late into the week), but other than that he was pretty good.

his defense had improved since last weeks shocker, got worse as the game went on though.... and his kicking game was great.... best game hes had since coming back from injury...

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Jedhead
  • winslow_wong
  • bazza
  • sooticus
  • Fatboy
  • bert_lifts
  • BroncosMan
  • Bucking Beads
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Jazza
  • cento
  • Fitzy
  • TimWhatley
  • Tim K
  • Alec
  • FACTHUNT
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.