PLAYER Ezra Mam

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
That was my point - could've stayed, played QCup and learnt from a more in control club in Brisbane than the basket case that is Bulldogs. Or was he happier doing that because they threw $500k at it

Guess which one of those options the manager and the family preferred...

B

BRC088

QCup Player
Feb 7, 2012
Wouldn't it be fucking wonderful if we were to have the Roosters put in all that effort to develop him and then we bring him back here to partner Mam when Reynolds retires.
This is what the relevant player's managers are currently frothing over and shopping a few young guns around. They're just fishing, potential to really screw over some of them and its little wonder we get shortages of positions from time to time.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Madden is only 23. He'll be ready when Reynolds retires to continue the dynasty.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
I don't think so......

I don't think Jock is the answer.
Yes, i think he will be the interim half. The Broncos look to be investing a heap into Coby Black as well but he's years from being ready! Heres to hoping Reyno defies all odds and keeps on playing!

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Jock is a low-risk option. He couldn't be on much, he seems committed to staying with us, learning off Adam, and taking what opportunities he can over the next couple of years to improve his game to the point where hopefully he is the answer.

If not, with any luck Coby Black will have developed into a viable option by that point, or at least shown he has the ability to be the answer longer-term, if we can find someone on the market that can tide us over (or better).

With the experience of a couple more years, some combination of Mam, Walsh, Walters and Mozer may provide enough leadership and talent to see us thrive regardless of any shortfall at halfback post-Reynolds. I'm not overly concerned.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Jock is a low-risk option. He couldn't be on much, he seems committed to staying with us, learning off Adam, and taking what opportunities he can over the next couple of years to improve his game to the point where hopefully he is the answer.

If not, with any luck Coby Black will have developed into a viable option by that point, or at least shown he has the ability to be the answer longer-term, if we can find someone on the market that can tide us over (or better).

With the experience of a couple more years, some combination of Mam, Walsh, Walters and Mozer may provide enough leadership and talent to see us thrive regardless of any shortfall at halfback post-Reynolds. I'm not overly concerned.

Another key is Carrigan post Reynolds.
He's obviously not going to be the halfback but as it is he already seems like a organiser out there and he's only going to pick up more from Reynolds for the next season or 2.
We won't need another Adam Reynolds to fill his void just a kicking game and the ability to get the ball to Walsh and Mam because by then they would have alot more games playing together under their belt.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
I think Reynolds is still among the most important parts next year, and the year after. But in a strange way the gf made me feel more confident for the post Reynolds era...

He played an average game, we played good for 20 mins, we had no experience in a gf and penriff had heaps, Penriff were faultless and are supposedly the best team of the past 15 years.... and we lost by 2 points.

Every single player around him learned a hell of a lesson in the gf, and they have a lot of growing to do. They all sound like they are passionate about the club and confident in how good they can become. I can see him going from the most important player these last 2 years, to a top 5 next year and lucky to be top 5 the year after. By the time he retires I think he will be the least important player in our spine. And that is not a knock on him, he's helped build the players around him and 2 of them are generational talents if things go well in their careers. This is all great for the club.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Another key is Carrigan post Reynolds.
He's obviously not going to be the halfback but as it is he already seems like a organiser out there and he's only going to pick up more from Reynolds for the next season or 2.
We won't need another Adam Reynolds to fill his void just a kicking game and the ability to get the ball to Walsh and Mam because by then they would have alot more games playing together under their belt.

I almost mentioned Carrigan when I was listing the spine players. He'll definitely have an influence the broader organisation of the team and the decision making. It's great to have such a capable young leader in the team, and i hope he kicks on to become one of our great captains.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I almost mentioned Carrigan when I was listing the spine players. He'll definitely have an influence the broader organisation of the team and the decision making. It's great to have such a capable young leader in the team, and i hope he kicks on to become one of our great captains.

I thought it was interesting pre-GF that it was Carrigan revving the players up and not Reynolds.

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
I thought it was interesting pre-GF that it was Carrigan revving the players up and not Reynolds.
The General doesn't rev the troops directly - he revs the officers.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
ezra should be in the roos squad imo he was robbed, same with Walsh a fucken joke.

Mal giving too much credit to experience tbh.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I would be very surprised if Mam isn't going to get surgery now that the season is over.

If you're talking about the knee, I'm not sure if it's a surgery thing. The way I've heard it being mentioned as a side note over the last two years, I'm wondering if there is a permanent "issue" of some kind that they are keeping quiet about and just managing it.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
If you're talking about the knee, I'm not sure if it's a surgery thing. The way I've heard it being mentioned as a side note over the last two years, I'm wondering if there is a permanent "issue" of some kind that they are keeping quiet about and just managing it.

He's had that strapping and issue since late 21.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • marw
  • Manofoneway
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.