PLAYER Ezra Mam

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Very underwhelming performance from Ezra yesterday. Seems to be only wanting to play one side of football, similar to Walsh. Defensively very very poor. Currently leading the NRL for missed tackles! Needs to fix it fast, starting to give me post big contract Milford vibes.
What a terrible take, hope you were drunk, or angry or both when you wrote this.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
What a terrible take, hope you were drunk, or angry or both when you wrote this.
His performance lacked effort in pretty much every defensive area which reminded me of Milford. I love Ezra, he's excellent attacking player but he needs to work on his defence. He has the most missed tackles in the competition. Yesterday he missed another 8 tackles but was not alone there. 8 is a heap for one player and not just an anomaly for him, he's done it a few times this year.

Needs to start showing up defensively and not just in attack is all I'm saying.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
If Ezra had been picked at 6 for QLD, not one person would've complained, and most would be more excited to see him debut than Tommy get another game (but no complaints on that choice either).

Milford vibes, my arse. Ezra is one of the most exhilarating players to ever don a Broncos jersey.
Agree, he's great in attack. What about his defence? Most missed tackles in the competition! Surely you can agree he needs to work on his defence? And that it lacks effort at times?

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
His performance lacked effort in pretty much every defensive area which reminded me of Milford. I love Ezra, he's excellent attacking player but he needs to work on his defence. He has the most missed tackles in the competition. Yesterday he missed another 8 tackles but was not alone there. 8 is a heap for one player and not just an anomaly for him, he's done it a few times this year.

But putting him in the same category as Milford suggests you were saying much, much more. I know we are all a bit hot under the collar after yesterday, but think about what you are saying please. You do one of our very best a huge disservice suggesting he's leaning towards a Maccas' diet over having a dig.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Agree, he's great in attack. What about his defence? Most missed tackles in the competition! Surely you can agree he needs to work on his defence? And that it lacks effort at times?
Everyone needs to work on their defence. But isolating this one stat, without context, is selling him short. His support play and kick chase is up there with the best in the NRL. You certainly couldn't say that about Milford.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

The whole team yesterday was fucking atrocious in defence so picking on the 6 for this is odd. He, like most of the team looked absolutely exhausted yesterday which is pretty understandable. Additionally, taking yesterday’s game out of it that stat of most missed tackles is incredibly misleading given his role in defence is to run out and make early contact. Most of those tackles that are recorded as missed are him hitting to slow or halt momentum and are covered by the defence coming across.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
But putting him in the same category as Milford suggests you were saying much, much more. I know we are all a bit hot under the collar after yesterday, but think about what you are saying please. You do one of our very best a huge disservice suggesting he's leaning towards a Maccas' diet over having a dig.
Lol I guess I was just meaning that Milford seemed to relax his effort after signing a big contract. If you watch some of the tries he's leaked this year, mam has relaxed a fair bit after signing his big contract. So that's what i meant by Milford vibes.

Go and watch some of the tries we conceded this year, sometimes he doesnt even try and make the tackle. His efforts on Manu against the roosters, Katoa against the storm come to mind.

Anyway, im not saying hes shit, im saying he needs to be better defensively. Surely everyone can agree with that.. he has missed the most tackles this year after all...

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
The whole team yesterday was fucking atrocious in defence so picking on the 6 for this is odd. He, like most of the team looked absolutely exhausted yesterday which is pretty understandable. Additionally, taking yesterday’s game out of it that stat of most missed tackles is incredibly misleading given his role in defence is to run out and make early contact. Most of those tackles that are recorded as missed are him hitting to slow or halt momentum and are covered by the defence coming across.
The whole team missed average 2-3 tackles... the 6 missed 8!! 8 tackles! and leads the comp for tackles missed...

Why is it unfair to call him out on a bad day defensively? lol

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
The whole team missed average 2-3 tackles... the 6 missed 8!! 8 tackles! and leads the comp for tackles missed...

Why is it unfair to call him out on a bad day defensively? lol
It’s not unfair to call him out for a bad day defensively but that’s not what you said. You said he gives you post big contract Milford vibes so unless you believe he signed his new contract last week that point is backtracking and disingenuous.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
It’s not unfair to call him out for a bad day defensively but that’s not what you said. You said he gives you post big contract Milford vibes so unless you believe he signed his new contract last week that point is backtracking and disingenuous.
Last week?

He signed his big contract at the start of the season, since that time he has missed like 55 tackles or something. I'm not backtracking, his lack of effort Defensively gives me 'vibes' of Milfords lack of effort after signing a big contract. Its exactly what I said. I didnt say he "reminds me of milford" or "playes like milford". But yes pick another player that stopped putting in after getting a paycheck - Ash Taylor, Dave Fifita or whatever.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Last week?

He signed his big contract at the start of the season, since that time he has missed like 55 tackles or something. I'm not backtracking, his lack of effort Defensively gives me 'vibes' of Milfords lack of effort after signing a big contract. Its exactly what I said. I didnt say he "reminds me of milford" or "playes like milford". But yes pick another player that stopped putting in after getting a paycheck - Ash Taylor, Dave Fifita or whatever.

hang on a minute are we talking about the same Ezra Mam that regularly leads the kick chase (along side Riki)

the same Mam that has caused more than one fullback to have nightmares from said chase.

the same Mam whose defensive efforts on those chases have lead to us either scoring or getting the ball back.

BTW, if I used your logic, then Harry Grant would show vibes of "Milfords lack of effort" he has only had a few missed tackles less than Mam has had

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
hang on a minute are we talking about the same Ezra Mam that regularly leads the kick chase (along side Riki)

the same Mam that has caused more than one fullback to have nightmares from said chase.

the same Mam whose defensive efforts on those chases have lead to us either scoring or getting the ball back.

BTW, if I used your logic, then Harry Grant would show vibes of "Milfords lack of effort" he has only had a few missed tackles less than Mam has had
I get huge Milford post big contract vibes from Grant.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Shifting Ezra to 7 would immediately solve the biggest question-mark hanging over the side: who succeeds Reynolds. We then have at least two candidates for 6, ready to go: Sailor and Madden. Should they fail to cut it, we might look at transitioning Walsh to 6, and Cobbo/Sailor to fullback.

You can win a premiership without two gun halves - we've done it before - but it's against the odds. Ideally, your two best players are at 6 and 7. And that would be Mam and Walsh.

I think thats the way we should be looking into our crystal ball too........

7. Ezra
6. Reece
1. Selwyn

Our biggest strike players with the most undoubtable talent....in the most key positions.

Yes, there will be some defensive issues to work through ..but

Why not try it out now......? (Well ...OK its SOO time.....but after....while ARey is still out?)

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I think thats the way we should be looking into our crystal ball too........

7. Ezra
6. Reece
1. Selwyn

Our biggest strike players with the most undoubtable talent....in the most key positions.

Yes, there will be some defensive issues to work through ..but

Why not try it out now......? (Well ...OK its SOO time.....but after....while ARey is still out?)
There’s a massive hole to fill at left centre and cobbo is the perfect man for the job. He’ll be Elite level actually. We just need a half back that can organise the troops and hopefully jock can be that guy.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
There’s a massive hole to fill at left centre .....

I know.....and
Cobbo is going great
but
how often does a centre get his hands on the ball.....?

Much like.......my complaint about Ezra and Walsh going quiet....
Selwyn out there at centre does also.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022

Lol, jesus.. I said nothing about his attack, he missed 8 tackles and his defence was shite and it has been all year. Harry grant defends in the middle and has made four times the tackles Mam has this year lol. If your looking for logic, your not comparing apples to apples.

If you want a comparison, Mam has the worst tackle efficiency of any other 5/8 in the comp. By about 10%..

Nothing about his attack, its brilliant for sure.

Unread

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • RolledOates
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Bucking Beads
  • maddo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.