PLAYER Ezra Mam

Trindell was stood down for a positive drug test while driving earlier this year. Might be hard to justify sacking Mam to bring him in
Trindall wasn’t involved in what looks like a bad wreck and was allowed to continue playing by the nrl. If this Mam incident is as bad as it appears then we won’t have a choice on whether we keep him on or not.

the silver lining in this terrible situation is that we could now have more post-Arey options. Mam was never going to be a 7, so we can try and get someone like Hunt or Trindall to play 5/8 next year and transition to halfback the year after if Black isn’t ready. I’d be trying to sign Hunt for ‘25 and Trindall for ‘26. If Black isn’t ready then extend Hunt for another year.

Yep sack him.
He could’ve killed someone and probably is extremely lucky that he didn’t.
When will these men start to realise that their actions can and do really affect others lives?
Drugs, alcohol. Don’t fucking drive. You’re on 850k a year for ***** sake. I’m sure you can afford an uber, or a personal driver, or a helicopter even.
Ezra has had multiple chances now. And it’s clear he doesn’t want to learn from previous mistakes.
I really hope DD balls up and gives him the flick.

Hope Madge sacks him. Two off-season incidents after a piss poor attempt at a season. Make an example of the idiot.
I think the ideal scenario would be to void his current contract, and try to renegotiate for him to stay on a heavily reduced deal to give him the chance to redeem himself tbh. It's the best of both worlds in the situation with how it is.

It would then depend on his ego, and whether the NRL and the other 16 clubs would stand by our decision or try to sign him themselves.

Where did you read that he was unlicensed?

I believe that he's sponsored by one of the metro ford car dealerships - surely a company would not place themselves in such a vulnerable position to loan a player a car (and have them advertise it on their social media) without doing their due-diligence? If so, they are even sillier than what Mam is.

Yeah I agree with Tallis, definitely nothing wrong with our culture and no need to sack Kevvie.

Wow. He’s in a big hole here.

Not really that big of a hole.

Trindall blew 0.125, driving on an expired license and tested positive for drugs. He got a 3 month suspension from driving and a $1100 fine.

Got a few weeks suspension from footy on top of that.

Ezra had a crash, but his punishment isn't going to be much more severe. Our laws are too relaxed.

Whether his contract will be torn up, highly doubtful. This is all assuming the second test even comes back positive. Just because he failed the first test, doesn't mean he'll fail the second. It's not uncommon for drug tests to deliver a false positive.

Didn't we fire James Segeyaro for a low range drinking driving offence clocked on the way to an early training session?

Given this, why would anyone think the Broncos don't have grounds to fire Ezra?

Didn't we fire James Segeyaro for a low range drinking driving offence clocked on the way to an early training session?

Given this, why would anyone think the Broncos don't have grounds to fire Ezra?

No, that was for failing an ASADA test which is a 4 year ban anyway.

On the positive side, if Ezra comes out of this. he should gain some maturity and start acting like a professional.
Realistically, I don't think that they will sack him - the RLPA alone will make sure of that. But he will be used as an example for how the new-look Broncos leadership handle and deal with such situations. Going on precedent from other drug-related incidents, he'll easily get a 2–6-week suspension (potentially more), will have a massive fine hanging over his head, community service and counselling.

If his secondary test comes back positive, he'll also have criminal charges as well as a potential civil case if they driver decides to sue him for damages and loss of income.

I don't believe that either he or Walsh got an “official” warning from the NRL following the Bali incident, so that will probably help him somewhat.

Overall, bloody stupid thing to do and the consequences of this are going to be felt well beyond the footy field. As you said, hopefully this is the kick up the pants that's needed, not just for Ezra but for the entire squad - it's just unfortunate that someone else has had to be hurt in the process.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • the_next
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Ejbroncos
  • leon.bott
  • winslow_wong
  • Fatboy
  • Scorchie
  • Broncosgirl
  • theshed
  • porouian
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Culhwch
  • Gaz
  • The Boss
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • FACTHUNT
  • lynx000
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.