PLAYER Ezra Mam

Didn't we fire James Segeyaro for a low range drinking driving offence clocked on the way to an early training session?

Given this, why would anyone think the Broncos don't have grounds to fire Ezra?
They definitely would have the grounds to do it, but what would he learn from it? There would be nothing theoretically stopping Penrith offering him a heavily reduced deal and their vacant number 6 jersey if they chose to.

Not really that big of a hole.

Trindall blew 0.125, driving on an expired license and tested positive for drugs. He got a 3 month suspension from driving and a $1100 fine.

Got a few weeks suspension from footy on top of that.

Ezra had a crash, but his punishment isn't going to be much more severe. Our laws are too relaxed.

Whether his contract will be torn up, highly doubtful. This is all assuming the second test even comes back positive. Just because he failed the first test, doesn't mean he'll fail the second. It's not uncommon for drug tests to deliver a false positive.
That’s crazy. Punishment nowhere near tough enough.

Give his money to Trindall. No idea what we’re going to do next year if the sharks don’t release him early, maybe try and trade someone for Hunt for a season? Would the dragons want paix and hetho for hunt?
If only Kevin kept Tommy.
If only Kevin never felt Tommy threatened Billy.

Considering the terrible year he’s had and the attitude he has shown throughout the year it’s not surprising but you would think for the sake of having fresh start next year with a new coach you would want to lay low this pre season but that’s too much to ask for hey.

Clubs should be able to put in some sort of behavioural caveats within contracts that can make them void i.e criminal charges.

I am not deluded enough to not think young players with large amounts of excess cash take drugs, but getting into a fucking car and risking killing someone else if different all together.

Mam is quickly becoming more trouble than he is worth.

Give his money to Trindall. No idea what we’re going to do next year if the sharks don’t release him early, maybe try and trade someone for Hunt for a season? Would the dragons want paix and hetho for hunt?
IMG 3684

This Trindall? I know you’re pissed at Mam but that’s pretty hypocritical

This has got to be worth sacking
He put people lives at risk
This sort shit should be a short stint behind bars
2 many people die or get series injuries from wankers like this
I can excuse a drunken punch up or something
But getting behind the wheel nah **** him off

I think the ideal scenario would be to void his current contract, and try to renegotiate for him to stay on a heavily reduced deal to give him the chance to redeem himself tbh. It's the best of both worlds in the situation with how it is.

It would then depend on his ego, and whether the NRL and the other 16 clubs would stand by our decision or try to sign him themselves.

The NRL will never allow that to happen

Nobody died. The court sets the punishment.

Didn't we fire James Segeyaro for a low range drinking driving offence clocked on the way to an early training session?

Given this, why would anyone think the Broncos don't have grounds to fire Ezra?

It`s off season .
He is on holidays . If it was in season it would have a greater weight .

I am going to wait and hear the details before I pass judgement . Who knows? He may have swerved to miss a child playing on the road , not just drove on the wrong side of the road into another car . And judging by the damage to the vehicles it was a low speed accident .
RE the drug test . What evil drug was he on that caused this rampage ? lol .

There’s some pretty strong allegations being thrown around about just how much partying a large portion of this team have been doing. All through the season and off season.

Bit to work to do by the sounds of it

I'm going to wait and see what it is he tested positive to.

I mean whatever drug it is, he's a silly boy, but it is off season and young players will do stupid things. Having something in his system doesn't necessarily mean he was driving under the influence of, which is another level of seriousness. Driving unlicensed as 1910 alleged is another level of stupidity as well - mate you're getting 700k a year, get a taxi or get a friend if you know you've partaken in something that shouldn't be made public.

I agree with the comment of whoever said look at the company he keeps, didn't our wonderboy get caught with coke not so long ago? There's a serious lack of maturity in our team whichever direction you look - not even Carrigan is exempt.

There’s some pretty strong allegations being thrown around about just how much partying a large portion of this team have been doing. All through the season and off season.

Bit to work to do by the sounds of it

assuming they're true.

if it was, I would have thought it would be widely reported in the media by now and I don't recall seeing it from any source other than randoms on the internet (and those sources are hardly reliable)

As it stands now .. even with a potential sacking hanging over his head, Ezra should consider himself a very lucky man. This could have so easily been a much different scenario .. like pulling dead kids from a devastating crash.

So disappointed in him.

Did he learn nothing from the situation that Payne's mother finds herself in?

If the Broncs can't get Ben back .. I wouldn't think they will go ahead and sack Ezra tho.

We wont sack him like we didnt sack Payne for his repeated infringements because he a big name player. If this was Fletcher Baker, he would be gone already.

assuming they're true.

if it was, I would have thought it would be widely reported in the media by now and I don't recall seeing it from any source other than randoms on the internet (and those sources are hardly reliable)
What would the story be?

It`s off season .
He is on holidays . If it was in season it would have a greater weight .

I am going to wait and hear the details before I pass judgement . Who knows? He may have swerved to miss a child playing on the road , not just drove on the wrong side of the road into another car . And judging by the damage to the vehicles it was a low speed accident .
RE the drug test . What evil drug was he on that caused this rampage ? lol .
Lotta damage control in this post

Active Now

• leish107
  • theshed
  • LGH
  • Fitzy
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
  • Mick_Hancock
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • johnny plath
  • Behind enemy lines
  • RolledOates
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Big Del
  • Scorchie
  • Culhwch
  • fizzypool63
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.