PLAYER Ezra Mam

If it was prescribed medicinal marijuana he will have no dramas with it being in his system as he will be able to prove that. If he is using medicinal marijuana though, regardless you still cant drive as you can still be impaired. Thats no different to a lot of prescribed medications. Its up to the individual to read the directions on taking medication. Ignorance and stupidity isnt a defence.

Its all irrelevant anyway, he was unlicensed. If we had the balls we should terminate him just like we should have with Haas. We wont though.

Not that I don’t believe you but where is the source that he was unlicensed? I can’t safely put an opinion on mams situation without hearing the important details of what drug he tested positive for and how much was in his system to prove that the car crash was solely caused by drug use. The car crash was at 5pm and he returned a BAC of 0, he was further tested positive for drugs from a blood test. A ridiculous amount of drugs stay in your system for a long time so it’s still a good chance that he may have crashed and it was not directly connected to him being fucked off his face on something. If he was having a bender at 4pm and decided it was a good idea to drive around while knowingly being severely impaired then yes he truly is an idiot and should maybe pay for a life coach because he can’t make smart adult decisions. I don’t think the right move for broncos is sacking him either way, we sack him and a rival club will pick him up for less and he won’t really learn anything from that experience anyways. I hope the situation ends well and Ezra gets some proper guidance to get back on the right track for broncos and himself.

Latest Tele article with a few details paraphrased:

- Madge has vowed to launch a crackdown on player conduct.
- he officially moves to Brisbane on Wednesday and one of his first tasks will be a crisis meeting with Mam.
- will not tolerate any poor behaviour.
- said the club’s image is critical in their quest to break a 19-year premiership drought, have to make sure everyone is involved in taking ownership, right across the club
- off-field stuff is a massive part of it, the actual game is only a small part of what makes the club what it is.
- what we build now is where we want to take the club
- how players are turning up at the club each day is very important, that's part of being a professional rugby league player at this level.

Source: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=DTWEB_WRE170_a&dest=https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/ezra-mam-tests-positive-at-roadside-drug-test-following-car-accident/news-story/81a3e32830fffb96d4df3acea67e5096&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&v21=ULTRALOW-Segment-1-SCORE
Do you remember if madge had to deal with this type of stuff at souths, or even was there a culture of it before he got there? (Eg bad behaviour, not just driving charges). Was he good at managing it?

I don’t think the right move for broncos is sacking him either way, we sack him and a rival club will pick him up for less and he won’t really learn anything from that experience anyways. I hope the situation ends well and Ezra gets some proper guidance to get back on the right track for broncos and himself.
All well and good mate, but you just can't keep giving these blokes 2nd and 3rd chances to pull their heads in. We have the same issue at Souths with Latrell. All the talent in the world, but unfortunately too loose in the head and is only a matter of time before they betray the club's trust and do something stupid/illegal again.

High profile clubs like Brisbane have multi-million dollar sponsorships at stake and it is just not a good look for companies to be associated with players when they do this kind of thing. I wish the Rabbits would piss Latrell off, and it might be better for you blokes to tell Ezra to take a hike too. It only takes one bad apple, and knowing how Madge operates, I just can't imagine him letting this slide. He will want to set the ground rules for how things are going to be from day 1.

Latest Tele article with a few details paraphrased:

- Madge has vowed to launch a crackdown on player conduct.
- he officially moves to Brisbane on Wednesday and one of his first tasks will be a crisis meeting with Mam.
- will not tolerate any poor behaviour.
- said the club’s image is critical in their quest to break a 19-year premiership drought, have to make sure everyone is involved in taking ownership, right across the club
- off-field stuff is a massive part of it, the actual game is only a small part of what makes the club what it is.
- what we build now is where we want to take the club
- how players are turning up at the club each day is very important, that's part of being a professional rugby league player at this level.

Source: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=DTWEB_WRE170_a&dest=https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/ezra-mam-tests-positive-at-roadside-drug-test-following-car-accident/news-story/81a3e32830fffb96d4df3acea67e5096&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&v21=ULTRALOW-Segment-1-SCORE

Awesome, we've had an 'inmates running the asylum' vibe since Bennett left.

Do you remember if madge had to deal with this type of stuff at souths, or even was there a culture of it before he got there? (Eg bad behaviour, not just driving charges). Was he good at managing it?
Matty Johns told a story about Madge (can’t remember if it was when he was a guest on the ep or not).

An unnamed connected figure in south Sydney, some sort of serious individual in the local area, asked Madge to meet him in the days after being announced as south’s coach. He sussed Madge out and once he was convinced Madge was the right man for the job, he slid Madge a piece of paper on which the guy had wrote a list of all the South’s players who had off field problems, along with their respective vices. So Madge could be aware and deal with it.

Mate, no player/s I can remember specifically that were causing issues. I do know Madge had fallouts with a couple of players. One was Nathan Peats, they were barely on speaking terms when Peats left. Apparently gave Madge some lip after a poor game once and Madge brushed him off completely afterwards. Peats ended up leaving a few months afher signing a new contract.

I do remember early in 2014 too we had 3 straight losses and there were rumours of a players rift with Madge. He got things back on track and of course it all ended great for us that year.

When it comes to culture and standards, it is basically his way or the highway. He is relentless in that respect. I just cannot see him putting up with this type of behaviour from Mam. I would think the line in the sand is already drawn. Players stepping over that line will be doing so at their own risk.

Not that I don’t believe you but where is the source that he was unlicensed? I can’t safely put an opinion on mams situation without hearing the important details of what drug he tested positive for and how much was in his system to prove that the car crash was solely caused by drug use. The car crash was at 5pm and he returned a BAC of 0, he was further tested positive for drugs from a blood test. A ridiculous amount of drugs stay in your system for a long time so it’s still a good chance that he may have crashed and it was not directly connected to him being fucked off his face on something. If he was having a bender at 4pm and decided it was a good idea to drive around while knowingly being severely impaired then yes he truly is an idiot and should maybe pay for a life coach because he can’t make smart adult decisions. I don’t think the right move for broncos is sacking him either way, we sack him and a rival club will pick him up for less and he won’t really learn anything from that experience anyways. I hope the situation ends well and Ezra gets some proper guidance to get back on the right track for broncos and himself.

In this article. As with everything until the investigation is complete, it's all alleged right now.

Matty Johns told a story about Madge (can’t remember if it was when he was a guest on the ep or not).

An unnamed connected figure in south Sydney, some sort of serious individual in the local area, asked Madge to meet him in the days after being announced as south’s coach. He sussed Madge out and once he was convinced Madge was the right man for the job, he slid Madge a piece of paper on which the guy had wrote a list of all the South’s players who had off field problems, along with their respective vices. So Madge could be aware and deal with it.
Thank you mate for sharing that. I had never heard of it before. We are a different breed of individuals in the Burrow lol.

Ahwell....He could of been amazing for us. He'll get sacked and go to GC for 400k. It just sucks we have no backup 6 at all. What are we going to roll out with Old Man Reynolds and Rodgers Rd1?

Didn't think Uncle Nick would be out there helping Souths out

All well and good mate, but you just can't keep giving these blokes 2nd and 3rd chances to pull their heads in. We have the same issue at Souths with Latrell. All the talent in the world, but unfortunately too loose in the head and is only a matter of time before they betray the club's trust and do something stupid/illegal again.

High profile clubs like Brisbane have multi-million dollar sponsorships at stake and it is just not a good look for companies to be associated with players when they do this kind of thing. I wish the Rabbits would piss Latrell off, and it might be better for you blokes to tell Ezra to take a hike too. It only takes one bad apple, and knowing how Madge operates, I just can't imagine him letting this slide. He will want to set the ground rules for how things are going to be from day 1.
I see your point and I too believe it’s valid, grown men on massive contracts shouldn’t need people to hold them accountable for basic adult decision making. However the NRL will always give these players a second life line because of how much revenue they generate by playing and the media reporting on players acting like fkwits actually generates Nrl more money as well, any publicity is good publicity. I don’t agree with this system but it is the system nevertheless. I don’t think this incident alone is enough to prove that Ezra is toxic to the playing group yet, he is still very young. If he ends up doing something stupid again and shows no signs of improving and maturing then yes I believe the smarter investment would be to let him go. Letting him go now while he is still young and has a lot to learn just for some other club to pick him up and fix the issues would be very poor business on Brisbanes end.

Only way to get something like that in is for it to be a common item in each NRL contract as part of playing in the competition, but it would also have to be accepted by the RLPA... and I very much doubt they would allow something like that to get in.

I daresay player managers would be acting almost as lobbyists for the RLPA at this point... whole contract situation across NRL is absolutely fucked up
This is were the game needs to progress.

I want to say that all contracts should have performance clauses. A large percentage paid out week to week, but 20% held back for performance clauses.

The money not paid out, should be funneled into a either the NSW or Qld cup administration based on the players origin standing.

Players giving back, clubs not feeling abused.

A blood test in Qld on average takes 5 weeks to return a result.

He was given a saliva test which according to the media was positive, for what is not stated, but they only test for indications on Cannabis, Meth and Cocaine.

However he didn’t do the secondary more accurate test, likely because he was conveyed to hospital, as has been reported.

At hospital I suspect (from experience) he was required to provide a specimen of blood under Section 80 (9) of the TORUM Act 1995.

At this point if the above is true, the specimen will still be sitting in a property office somewhere and will be conveyed to Qld Health Scientific Section Laboratories at Nathan in the next week or so. Given who it relates to, it will probably be taken out there at the first available opportunity, ie: 8.00am, Monday morning.

I see your point and I too believe it’s valid, grown men on massive contracts shouldn’t need people to hold them accountable for basic adult decision making. However the NRL will always give these players a second life line because of how much revenue they generate by playing and the media reporting on players acting like fkwits actually generates Nrl more money as well, any publicity is good publicity. I don’t agree with this system but it is the system nevertheless. I don’t think this incident alone is enough to prove that Ezra is toxic to the playing group yet, he is still very young. If he ends up doing something stupid again and shows no signs of improving and maturing then yes I believe the smarter investment would be to let him go. Letting him go now while he is still young and has a lot to learn just for some other club to pick him up and fix the issues would be very poor business on Brisbanes end.
This is the problem. If we keep letting these dumbfucks off because they are "young" there is little deterrent for the next young player coming through. Make him move to Sydney and show the next batch of players coming through that we don't **** around.

Even if he goes on to be a great of the game we already have our dick in our hand with regards to recruitment over the last two decades, there's no need to worry about FOMO.

A blood test in Qld on average takes 5 weeks to return a result.

He was given a saliva test which according to the media was positive, for what is not stated, but they only test for indications on Cannabis, Meth and Cocaine.

However he didn’t do the secondary more accurate test, likely because he was conveyed to hospital, as has been reported.

At hospital I suspect (from experience) he was required to provide a specimen of blood under Section 80 (9) of the TORUM Act 1995.

At this point if the above is true, the specimen will still be sitting in a property office somewhere and will be conveyed to Qld Health Scientific Section Laboratories at Nathan in the next week or so. Given who it relates to, it will probably be taken out there at the first available opportunity, ie: 8.00am, Monday morning.
Lets hope the traffic keith nailed his requirement hey coppa!

Unread

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • barker
  • Locky’s Left Boot
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • mitch222
  • whykickamoocow
  • Morkel
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • eggstar10
  • BroncoFan94
  • Kev_Guz
  • davidp
  • bert_lifts
  • theshed
  • Broncorob
  • broncsgoat
  • The True King
  • Dash
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.