PLAYER Ezra Mam

Is it possible that the NRL would enact the No Fault Stand Down depending on how this story escalates?

https://t.e.nine.com.au/r/?id=hcc55...m.au-ninedaily--241021&mktg_scr=edm-ninedaily
Nine news “Lawyer reporting Ezra could be facing 14yrs imprisonment “🤔
Considering Ive seen a person knowingly drive drunk more than once and cause accidents as a result, drive without a licence fully tanked crash and kill 3 people in their car, flee the scene only to be arrested later and serve 6 years, yeah the 14 years is a joke. If that didnt get the maximum I really have no idea what does in todays legal system.

Is it possible that the NRL would enact the No Fault Stand Down depending on how this story escalates?

You have to be charged with an offence that carries a sentence of 11 years or more.

I think he is a massive chance of being sacked. Somehow I get the feeling the club board and majority owners are fed up and this could be the line in the sand.
Madge was bought on board for more than just being the best available football coach, discipline and professionalism were huge factors.
Given that 60ish % of respondents in the club survey thought getting rid of the rock star attitiude, was the most important thing the club needed to fix, Ezra fucked up at exactly the wrong time.
If we punt him he is about to learn a very very hard and expensive lesson.
I can only hope the second drug test comes back in his favour.

Andrew Voss:

“This situation would be making Ben Hunt a very happy man,” Voss said on SEN 1170 Breakfast.

“If Ezra Mam is sacked, and he’s on $800,000 a year, the Broncos will then have money to spend.

“The Dragons would have to chip in $100,000 or $200,000 or something like that for next year.

“I reckon the Broncos are now the favourites to land Ben Hunt based on the outcome of the Ezra Mam story.

“If Mam is found guilty of all the things that are alleged at this point, I don’t see how he possibly stays at the club.

“I don’t see how a new coach comes on board and lets this one slip by.”

It would depend on the charges, but that would be a big call to make.

They have discretion to do it if the sentence isnt hitting 11yr or whatever, but that's mostly been done for DV, assault cases, etc.

A driving charge might be pretty extreme to do it on.

They didnt enact it for JAC or Trindall and they occurred in season... we havent even started the off season... it could be resolved by the start of the season at which point the sentence could already be handed down.

I think he is a massive chance of being sacked. Somehow I get the feeling the club board and majority owners are fed up and this could be the line in the sand.
Madge was bought on board for more than just being the best available football coach, discipline and professionalism were huge factors.
Given that 60ish % of respondents in the club survey thought getting rid of the rock star attitiude, was the most important thing the club needed to fix, Ezra fucked up at exactly the wrong time.
Not sure on that... wording from DD was starting to get the spin out there... you're typically doing that if you're trying to soften it and lessen the punishment.

Given that 60ish % of respondents in the club survey thought getting rid of the rock star attitiude, was the most important thing the club needed to fix

Really? Do you have a link? I hadn't heard this.

"Mam is facing his four year contract with the Broncos worth $1 million a season being torn up"
FMD Surely, he's not on a million a year?

100%, he is gone. If I know anything about Madge's way of doing things, and unless he has mellowed significantly or your Board over-rules him, Ezra will be out the door so fast he won't know what hit him.

Unlike the spineless muppets we have at Souths who keep bending over for Latrell, I believe Brisbane, led by Madge and your CEO, will lead by their actions and say enough is enough. Anybody else who doesn't want to buy in, there's the door fellas. About bloody time clubs like Brisbane and Souths stood up for something and stop letting these entitled brats (Latrell included) carry on thinking they run the joint.

100%, he is gone. If I know anything about Madge's way of doing things, and unless he has mellowed significantly or your Board over-rules him, Ezra will be out the door so fast he won't know what hit him.

Unlike the spineless muppets we have at Souths who keep bending over for Latrell, I believe Brisbane, led by Madge and your CEO, will lead by their actions and say enough is enough. Anybody else who doesn't want to buy in, there's the door fellas. About bloody time clubs like Brisbane and Souths stood up for something and stop letting these entitled brats (Latrell included) carry on thinking they run the joint.

Jake Lloyd Hayden GIF

You underestimate our board's power of incompetence.

Not sure on that... wording from DD was starting to get the spin out there... you're typically doing that if you're trying to soften it and lessen the punishment.
Time will tell, my read on it is the higher ups, ie board and majority owners, are done with the kid gloves.
I hope the second test takes as long as possible to take some of the heat out of this because I have no doubt at all if it comes back much sooner than the 5 weeks, @Jason Simmons suggested as a time frame, the decision will be sacked.

Active Now

• Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Manlyman
  • FACTHUNT
  • Waynesaurus
  • phoenix
  • pennywisealfie
  • barker
  • cento
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Wild Horse
  • Dexter
  • Adammacca
  • Xzei
  • Hurrijo
  • Socnorb
  • Hoof Hearted
  • TimWhatley
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.