PLAYER Ezra Mam

Like I said, it all depends on what kind of bloke Ezra is. If he’s the type to be scared straight by this he is worth holding onto.

This is the perfect leverage for Madge. Not only does he win over players respect by not sacking the teammate when he could’ve, but he now has his teachers pet sorted for the off season. They sit with Mam and ask him what it means to him to stay, and what he thinks needs to change in his own behaviour and the club. You take that onboard, add some “let’s **** off the nail polish, partying and lairy shit” on top of it and then smash him all preseason. Now you’ve got an example, and an alley. If he’s part of a little crew who are doing the same dumb shit, sit down with them and ask what are they willing to change to keep Ezra at the club.

If he’s the type who will feel sheepish for a while then fall back into old habits, then you flick him now.

It’s win win, you just have to make the right decision for the moment.

The problem with a first and last warning approach is, basically every player will be applicable for it. Hardly a daunting punishment if you know you've got 1 get out of jail free card up your sleeve.

Not saying they should, but sacking him would send shockwaves through the squad. Party time is over *****.

If we can find a resolution that avoids outright sacking him, we should pursue it. The club is not prepared to suddenly lose one of its halves that they clearly had long term plans for.

If Walker or Dearden were a strong possibility of coming here then sure, but neither of them are. Reyno is on retirement's doorstep, and frankly so is Hunt. Losing Mam at this stage is screaming "bad idea" unless the club have some ace up their sleeve, or we throw Black into the deep end and hope he swims, which doesn't sound great either.

Like I said, it all depends on what kind of bloke Ezra is. If he’s the type to be scared straight by this he is worth holding onto.

This is the perfect leverage for Madge. Not only does he win over players respect by not sacking the teammate when he could’ve, but he now has his teachers pet sorted for the off season. They sit with Mam and ask him what it means to him to stay, and what he thinks needs to change in his own behaviour and the club. You take that onboard, add some “let’s **** off the nail polish, partying and lairy shit” on top of it and then smash him all preseason. Now you’ve got an example, and an alley. If he’s part of a little crew who are doing the same dumb shit, sit down with them and ask what are they willing to change to keep Ezra at the club.

If he’s the type who will feel sheepish for a while then fall back into old habits, then you flick him now.

It’s win win, you just have to make the right decision for the moment.
Agreed this would be the best approach to take going by what type of bloke Ezra is.
I do think it works in Madges favour more if Ezra is a good guy he's got more to work with.

This is most likely going to be out of the clubs hands anyway.

This is most likely going to be out of the clubs hands anyway.

It will be in their hands. NRL won't step in here. Not unless it was a serious offence like DV/sexual assault, shit like that.

I think the only time the NRL will step in is when it comes to the match suspensions.

Probably a lot less taxing on their bodies than the old school drink 20 beers after a game regime .
This reminds me of my father. He was adamant that cocaine is performance enhancing even if only taken recreationally after games.

He said coke users get an unfair advantage in being able to party with it taking less of a toll on the body compared to the drinkers. I thought this was a strange way of looking at things.

Time will tell, my read on it is the higher ups, ie board and majority owners, are done with the kid gloves.
I hope the second test takes as long as possible to take some of the heat out of this because I have no doubt at all if it comes back much sooner than the 5 weeks, @Jason Simmons suggested as a time frame, the decision will be sacked.
It would be a big precedent to set.

If it's found that the drugs in his system didnt impare his driving then you're basically sacking him for a car accident on his first offence... assuming what happened in Bali is excused.

Based on that every time a player pops up with a driving indiscretion it could be viewed as hypocritical if they dont also get sacked... especially given how many of these idiots seem to be driving unlicensed.

This reminds me of my father. He was adamant that cocaine is performance enhancing even if only taken recreationally after games.

He said coke users get an unfair advantage in being able to party with it taking less of a toll on the body compared to the drinkers. I thought this was a strange way of looking at things.
Painkilling injections are a form of cheating according to my old man. I tend to agree with him.

If we can find a resolution that avoids outright sacking him, we should pursue it. The club is not prepared to suddenly lose one of its halves that they clearly had long term plans for.

If Walker or Dearden were a strong possibility of coming here then sure, but neither of them are. Reyno is on retirement's doorstep, and frankly so is Hunt. Losing Mam at this stage is screaming "bad idea" unless the club have some ace up their sleeve, or we throw Black into the deep end and hope he swims, which doesn't sound great either.

A players ability should have no standing on if a club sacks him or not. If we want to send a message to all current and future Broncos players about our expectations from them, then Ezra needs to be terminated if he's found guilty. Its harsh, but it needs to be done.

9 news Sydney just played a short interview with the mother in the uber. The young girl has a fractured hip (severity of the fracture not disclosed however the daughter was sitting on the couch next to her) and burns from the seatbelt.

........... Now you’ve got an example, and an alley.
I think we're better off keeping Ezra away from the alley.......

I've seen people selling drugs there and Ezra already has the bug on his shoulder.

She is traumatised & he hasn't contacted her. CEO has spoken to her.

One of the worse days of her life, can't sleep, has flashbacks.

Daughter has a fractured hip.

It will be in their hands. NRL won't step in here. Not unless it was a serious offence like DV/sexual assault, shit like that.

I think the only time the NRL will step in is when it comes to the match suspensions.
I’d say the charges handed to him by the police will dictate a lot of what goes on. They’re likely pretty serious. I don’t think we see Ezra in 2025 and if that’s the case we have to make a tough decision

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • mitch222
  • KevieBurnerAccount
  • Sproj
  • Redfern_1980
  • broncsgoat
  • Mr Fourex
  • Yellowfella
  • Spoon
  • lynx000
  • FACTHUNT
  • Strop
  • Manofoneway
  • achievedrap
  • Browny
  • Morkel
  • Jazza
... and 29 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.