PLAYER Ezra Mam

Hasn't hurt the panthers... Luai and co. still charge around with their giant boombox speaker... all the talk about arrogance and acting like dicks
Cleary seems to like his players expressing themselves however they want to.

“You can have any skin colour, come from any background, wear your hair long, short or green. I don’t care,’’ Cleary says.

“As long as you follow the values of our club, you can be you. I want you to turn up and know that the only thing you will be judged on is your football."

What do civil cases like this even work out being in Aus?

I know in Merica they be suing everyone, but they have to pay for medical care over there, so a lot of civil cases can be medical bills... and then they seemingly just make up numbers to represent mental damages.

Medicare pays for everything here, so that's out, unless it's an ongoing thing from the injury (physio, etc.), but I think there is a police charge when an action leads to a repetitive injury.

The car was the Uber drivers, but that will have a valuation.

Which means all that's left for her is psychological, but are civil cases here just handing out made up numbers like Murica or is it like Ezra you have to pay for 6 months with a psychologist.
She could be in for 1Mil+ easy.....IMO.

What do civil cases like this even work out being in Aus?
I had a mate who was bashed by a bouncer, leaving him with physical and mental damages and was able to get a couple hundred thousand dollars from the bouncer/security company. Not sure if this relates much to Ezra's situation, but it might.

youth crime m8
Separation of powers distinguishes that courts should manage legal proceedings independently of the parliament.

Given how overcrowded and stretched our prison system in QLD currently is, he won't do jail time. For reference, I work in forensic mental health. I have repeat offenders who engage in far more heinous crimes than driving offences (think crimes against children etc) who repeatedly get diverted away from prison by the courts.

Of course, I could be wrong, but it's likely he'll get a community correction order (CCO), fine, disqualified license, and forced to engage in diversionary pathways such AOD counselling and community service. Worst case scenario for Ezra would probably be an intensive correction order.

The fact that Ezra has the means and money to 'rehabilitate' himself will also play a part - people may not agree with this, but it's cheaper for Ezra to pay for rehab than what it is for the state to lock him up. Any civil case will also be dependent on his earnings - he can't compensate anyone if he has no income.

And before anyone jumps down my throat, no, I am not dismissing or downplaying the severity of what Ezra's done - just giving context of the realities of our correctional system.

He would have been fired today if it was going to happen. Either the club are making him sweat or they are playing a little tune to the media.

We don't even know if he has actually taken drugs yet. If they are going to make a call, it won't be until they have all of the facts.

Any civil case will also be dependent on his earnings - he can't compensate anyone if he has no income.

Won't he have income from the 100's of 1000's dollars he has in the bank?

Look, call me a cynical troll, but this move has all the aromas of a clearly thought out PR/crisis management stunt from his manager to help his cause in relation to any punishment coming his way. The only thing he is addicted to is making bloody stupid decisions and behaving like a self-entitled twat. Not sure rehab will help with that.

Separation of powers distinguishes that courts should manage legal proceedings independently of the parliament.

Given how overcrowded and stretched our prison system in QLD currently is, he won't do jail time. For reference, I work in forensic mental health. I have repeat offenders who engage in far more heinous crimes than driving offences (think crimes against children etc) who repeatedly get diverted away from prison by the courts.

Of course, I could be wrong, but it's likely he'll get a community correction order (CCO), fine, disqualified license, and forced to engage in diversionary pathways such AOD counselling and community service. Worst case scenario for Ezra would probably be an intensive correction order.

The fact that Ezra has the means and money to 'rehabilitate' himself will also play a part - people may not agree with this, but it's cheaper for Ezra to pay for rehab than what it is for the state to lock him up. Any civil case will also be dependent on his earnings - he can't compensate anyone if he has no income.

And before anyone jumps down my throat, no, I am not dismissing or downplaying the severity of what Ezra's done - just giving context of the realities of our correctional system.
appreciate the in-depth response.

As much as people are saying it wont finish his career, i dont think it will. It could very well finish his Broncos career though. We cant keep letting some of these dickheads get away with serious offences just because they are good or potentially good players and could thrive elsewhere.

Its about time we fucked off a few of these blokes who think they can do what they please because they are apparently star footballers.

when he cried after old mate called him a name at the start of the year I knew he wasn’t our guy… you can call me any name you want, but the mental weakness was evident then. The bloke doesn’t have it.

We’ve been kissed on the dick to get this opportunity to severe ties with him… seize it and move on

If we don't fire him and then there is another incidence involving one of our players. Suddenly we are a club in crisis.

Rehab is a gimmick anyway. Unless he stays there for a month or more. Bet if we let him off the hook he does a 5 day stint Max.

when he cried after old mate called him a name at the start of the year I knew he wasn’t our guy… you can call me any name you want, but the mental weakness was evident then. The bloke doesn’t have it.

We’ve been kissed on the dick to get this opportunity to severe ties with him… seize it and move on
Nah, racism isn't acceptable and deserves to be called out, especially when you have a public platform.

Forgive me for using this as another opportunity to poke Kev, but I remember seeing a fun interview with a bunch of the players whered they ask all those cute questions “who’s the biggest pest?”, “who is the biggest space cadet?” etc.

They asked players to say Kev’s most used phrase and they all said “let’s go to the Caxton” or something similar. It’s a small thing but between that and Alfie’s known proclivities, it doesn’t scream professional standards

A similar one the dragons players did about Hook a few years ago, the answer was “ah **** moi!” . Which again, I think paints a pretty accurate picture of his coaching style lol

Sorry mate, but I have to respectfully disagree with you here. Regardless of how much of a dickhead Ezra is/has been, he doesn't deserve to be criticised for calling out that fuckwit Lenui. Just because you or I or anyone else may not take offence at the insult, no one has the right to say Ezra shouldn't. I don't see what Ezra did, or felt, as a sign of "mental weakness". He was just standing up for himself and what he believed in.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • Bronco bob
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Griffo
  • broncsgoat
  • KickHaas
  • Fozz
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Wild Horse
  • ozzball
  • Dexter
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jason Simmons
  • broncoscope
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.