PLAYER Ezra Mam

Nah, racism isn't acceptable and deserves to be called out, especially when you have a public platform.
Sure.

calling racism out is necessary… do it in a way where you point a finger in the ***** chest and calling him a **** is better than crying

Forgive me for using this as another opportunity to poke Kev, but I remember seeing a fun interview with a bunch of the players whered they ask all those cute questions “who’s the biggest pest?”, “who is the biggest space cadet?” etc.

They asked players to say Kev’s most used phrase and they all said “let’s go to the Caxton” or something similar. It’s a small thing but between that and Alfie’s know proclivities, it doesn’t scream professional standards

^ This. Lockyer is / did loves the bags and drink. Alf is surely bordering on being a functional alcoholic.

Not great influences.

Ezra deserves a second chance, this is going to hurt him long term financially and he's had the fear of god put into him. There is a good kid in there.

Sorry mate, but I have to respectfully disagree with you here. Regardless of how much of a dickhead Ezra is/has been, he doesn't deserve to be criticised for calling out that fuckwit Lenui. Just because you or I or anyone else may not take offence at the insult, no one has the right to say Ezra shouldn't. I don't see what Ezra did, or felt, as a sign of "mental weakness". He was just standing up for himself and what he believed in.
I’m not absolving the other ***** racism… but at the time it happened I was like I don’t want my players crying for being called a name. Bear in mind the last game he’d played prior to that one was the gf where he was best on ground.

Be upset at racism 100. Crying is to far imo and it appears my opinion on the bloke was pretty spot on… again

Sure.

calling racism out is necessary… do it in a way where you point a finger in the ***** chest and calling him a **** is better than crying
Ezra and the team did that and all that resulted was a penalty to the Roosters. By making a formal complaint we found out exactly why the players were upset and it exposed the Roosters as massive hypocrites.

It also clearly needed to be called out as some thought it was 'fair game'. It's not and won't be moving forward, no excuses.

Ezra and the team did that and all that resulted was a penalty to the Roosters. By making a formal complaint we found out exactly why the players were upset and it exposed the Roosters as massive hypocrites.

It also clearly needed to be called out as some thought it was 'fair game'. It's not and won't be moving forward, no excuses.
I’m pleased that happened. It could have happened without a man crying at being called a name

I’m pleased that happened. It could have happened without a man crying at being called a name
The same man just broke a 4 year old girls hip (allegedly) for driving on the wrong side of the road while having drugs in his system…

Ezra's passion made it easier to take a stand against the behaviour and for the NRL to make a stand.

We don't even know if he has actually taken drugs yet. If they are going to make a call, it won't be until they have all of the facts.
DD said as much today. They need all the facts, then there is a process to go through.

Ezra's passion made it easier to take a stand against the behaviour and for the NRL to make a stand.
How’s that worked out for Ezra now mate? His passion?

He’s a bees dick away from having his contract torn up after putting in a shit season and hospitalising a kid.

He’s mentally weak and it’s obvious

How’s that worked out for Ezra now mate? His passion?
Spencer Leniu was handed an eight match sentence and pundits who thought it was acceptable behaviour were proven otherwise. This allows the NRL to market itself as an inclusive product which is important in a multi-cultural country like ours.

That one good deed has nothing to do with this current predicament. People who make valid stands are also capable of making bad choices. This incident doesn't vindicate Spencer, nor his apologists.

Don't know if it's actually true or just damage control from his agent.

If it is true though, it's a real bad look. It suggests he's been on the gear for a looong time.

How far back did you go to get that? What a weird thing to do to dig something up which was talking about his onfield performance which was prior to this incident. Not very mentally strong I wouldn’t have thought.
I went back to the start of the thread and went forward from there

So if he has entered rehab, does it make his further test null and void?

I really don’t envy being the key decision makers at our club with this. Keeping or sacking both seem to be the wrong decision without knowing all the facts.

Spencer Leniu was handed an eight match sentence and pundits who thought it was acceptable behaviour were proven otherwise. This allows the NRL to market itself as an inclusive product which is important in a multi-cultural country like ours.

That one good deed has nothing to do with this current predicament. People who make valid stands are also capable of making bad choices. This incident doesn't vindicate Spencer, nor his apologists.
I’ve been pretty clear that I’m not vindicating what the **** said…

Just that Mamfords reaction speaks to his mental fortitude… crying because he got called a monkey is not an appropriate reaction for a professional football player…

This seasons performance and the post season events have vindicated my comments from earlier in the year… imo

So if he has entered rehab, does it make his further test null and void?

I really don’t envy being the key decision makers at our club with this. Keeping or sacking both seem to be the wrong decision without knowing all the facts.

We have to acknowledge our own anxieties as supporters. All we are worried about is letting Mam go then watching him go to another club on the cheap and suddenly becoming a world beater. We really need to stop caring so much about shit like that. We need to get our own backyard in order, and sometimes that requires letting go of some bad eggs.

If Ezra joins the Rorters or the Dolphins or wherever and suddenly he's on the straight and narrow and dominating his position, that is an indictment on our culture, which honestly wouldn't be a surprise to any of us.

Active Now

• ezpz
  • broncsgoat
  • Hurrijo
  • Dexter
  • ozzball
  • Battler
  • bert_lifts
  • Skyblues87
  • Manofoneway
  • Griffo
  • Santa
  • winslow_wong
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • The True King
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.