Fan Day!

They've helped you out with the NRL fan touch day. They have established their "below the border" membership. What more do you want? A fan day?

Coxy said:
They've helped you out with the NRL fan touch day. They have established their "below the border" membership. What more do you want? A fan day?

Exactly. If they had one in Sydney they'd have to have one in Townsville, and clubs would just be holding fan days all over the place!

Did Sydney not have the players from all the clubs for a massive fan day last year ???

I assume you attended that bled !!!

If Brisbane can't get a decent fan day, why should Sydney get one!

Ms Long, you want to know, I collect anything with a horse head on it(I dont get everything signd) but that my passion. Some people collect stamps, coins, or spit out sprogs or what ever, I collect Broncos mem, thats my thing. As I said the boys know my face and some even know my name, but I have NEVER over stepped the line with any of them. And have helped out the odd person from this forum in getting things signd. Am I happy with the way the club is doing fan day, NO but if that all there offering, I'll take it. We have alot of new faces this year, and I'll go to show them, that even thou the club may not care about its fans, the fans care about its players.

mck62 said:
Ms Long, you want to know, I collect anything with a horse head on it(I dont get everything signd) but that my passion. Some people collect stamps, coins, or spit out sprogs or what ever, I collect Broncos mem, thats my thing. As I said the boys know my face and some even know my name, but I have NEVER over stepped the line with any of them. And have helped out the odd person from this forum in getting things signd. Am I happy with the way the club is doing fan day, NO but if that all there offering, I'll take it. We have alot of new faces this year, and I'll go to show them, that even thou the club may not care about its fans, the fans care about its players.

Photo with Minto _woohoo_

Well said mck62.

mrslong is quite good at judging people by using the "I don't get it, but each to their own"...either that, or "I have a friend who collects autographs, so I'm not against it" :P

mck62 said:
We have alot of new faces this year, and I'll go to show them, that even thou the club may not care about its fans, the fans care about its players.

Well said mate [eusa_clap.gi

Coxy said:
Well said mck62.

mrslong is quite good at judging people by using the "I don't get it, but each to their own"...either that, or "I have a friend who collects autographs, so I'm not against it" :P
ah, you know me well, my child.

(i do judge people who stand in line and collect autographs pushing in front of kids, smell bad & are fat)

I didn't realise Kim Beazley attended fan days?

mrslong said:
Coxy said:
Well said mck62.

ah, you know me well, my child.

(i do judge people who stand in line and collect autographs pushing in front of kids, smell bad & are fat)

I've never been to a fan day.

I never met Beazley, dunno if he smells bad, but he sure looks like he would.

Never been to a fan day either. But if I had kids I would for sure. Maybe I'll take my nephew next year when he turns 5.

I'm going to go next year, and push in front of your nephew because of you judging people you don't know.

While I do it I'm going to do the forks and say "Judge this" then I shall fart.

I'll then ask my hubby to fart and I'll give you a score on 1-10 how bad it was compared to his.
Sounds like a good plan?!

It sounds like a date.

I'll look for the chick in the Ranger yes?

(courier) and hopefully by then I won't have it anymore. People judge chicks in utes....

I emailed the club through the website to express my disappointment in the fan day, my son loved the skill sessions and touch games and we really didn't go for the autographs - it was more for them to get a chance to play footy with the guys. Anyway....this is the reply I received.

Dear Belinda,
I acknowledge receipt of your email of yesterday.

I am very sorry you feel the way you do but there are many fans who have indicated all they really want is the chance to get an autograph and photo with their favourite Bronco player/s. Hence the change in format for this event on 22 February. This new format caters to the overwhelming demand of our fans.

The Broncos NRL training squad of 30 players will be in attendance and broken into four groups. Each group will be available for photos and then when in involved in a rotation basis be available for 1hr 30 mins of autographs. It is planned to be an informal ‘up close & personal’ session.

I disagree with your assessment of our management team as we have listened to the fans and changed things to give them what they want….probably to the detriment of our sponsors. I strongly dispute your assertion we take the fans for granted, I know that definitely isn’t the case.

The Roma Street Parklands day has only been going in recent years (about 6-7 yrs) and has slowly grown to incorporate every sponsor and taken away from the players interaction with the fans. The planned day on Sunday brings the fans far closer to the players and allows them more personal interaction with the players. I admit it wont have the ‘ring of tents (sponsors) but our research indicated the fans saw that as window dressing and made no difference to their involvement with the players.

The playing group will be introduced to the fans present and then split up into groups for the signing & autograph session. Buck the mascot, Buck the horse and the WOW Bear mascot will also be in attendance to freely mingle and have photo’s taken with our fans.

Can I ask what particular part of the previous day will you miss or you feel you’d want added? The reality is the players will have more time to interact with the fans than ever previously. On top of that I will add that our players are always available at every training session to mix with the fans.

As a long term supporter your views are definitely encouraged and unfortunately we must take the good comments as well as the bad. I urge you to at least attend the day and see what it’s like before pre judging the event.

Looking forward to seeing you on the day and discussing your opinion on the new format further.
Thanks
Brian
Brian McGrath
Operations Manager
WOW Brisbane Broncos

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • theshed
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.