FC Barcelona thread

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Thanks to Coxy & Russo for creating this sub-section. Now, we can have a thread for the greatest club side in all of football.

Fire away people, I know you are dying to talk about the magic that is La Blaugrana!

La arsewipes you mean. [icon_wink

Good thread idea though Penny. icon_thumbs_u

Carry on. icon_smile

Woo!!!!! Great work Penny!

First points dropped in La Liga but it was a good result and a game of two halves at Valencia that could have gone either way. Considering we had Henry and Ibra both out this was an excellent result and Pep certainly made it clear that he was satisfied with the point.

yeah im generally ok with this. we cant win every game. a draw in a danger game is pretty good.

Russo said:
Quite in this thread today

actually theres been 3 posts already, this is the 4th, thats half the posts in the entire thread! :P

We sucked arse this morning! Still leading a pretty poorly performing group though.

6-1 against Zaragoza was a great result and a big form reversal. Ibra looks absolute class in this system and regardless of the fee is worth every penny as far as I am concerned. The side has so much depth now and the fact Keita scored a hattrick from midfield and is normally a substitute goes to show that the side should cope with most injury crisis' and the loss of Keita and Yaya for the African Nations while painful should be managable. Everyone was great this morning Ibra, Keita and Xavi in particular with moments of genius as usual from Iniesta and Messi.

Barcelona played well for the 1-1 draw. Marquez should start games.

Yeah that was a terrible result, Barca should have made more of the possession they held. I much prefer Iniesta playing deeper next to Xavi than in the advanced role with either Henry, Bojan or Pedro in the forward role they all have a much keener eye for goal. Ah well Osasuna are in the top half and it was away so it isn't the end of the world. I do agree Marquez is quality although I feel for Pique it was one of those balls where you can bet if he didn't try to intervene one of their guys would have been there for an easy tap in.

The Gymp said:
Yeah that was a terrible result, Barca should have made more of the possession they held. I much prefer Iniesta playing deeper next to Xavi than in the advanced role with either Henry, Bojan or Pedro in the forward role they all have a much keener eye for goal. Ah well Osasuna are in the top half and it was away so it isn't the end of the world. I do agree Marquez is quality although I feel for Pique it was one of those balls where you can bet if he didn't try to intervene one of their guys would have been there for an easy tap in.

I was being sarcastic [icon_lol1. , i thought Marquez was horrible and responsible for the own goal, he let his man in after some woeful defending, not really Pique's fault.

Ah true, I like Rafa but I do agree that was horrible how he over commited and got beaten. I think he is still well short of full match fitness after his long lay off. I am sure he will come good. I think Pique and Chygngysky (however you spell it) are the best two out and out centre halves in the club and should start the biggest matches.

The Classico's are going to be 2 of the most important matches this season, a lot will depend on those i reckon, can't see us or Barca dropping too many points elsewhere this year.

fenomeno said:
The Classico's are going to be 2 of the most important matches this season, a lot will depend on those i reckon, can't see us or Barca dropping too many points elsewhere this year.

Yeah outside of the Sevilla matches their are no obvious threats to either side. I can see both sides going almost completely 100% at home. Very disappointing really because Villareal and Valencia have both gone to shit in different ways (one form, the other a lack of funds) and sides like Deportivo, Betis and Atletico Madrid and Bilbao have been a danger in recent years but none of them look nearly as competitive. It is very likely that the Clasico's will prove the difference.

:(

Good win this morning. Mallorca have caused Barca problems in the past so that was a nice result. Pedro getting a first half double, this guy has a huge future I just hope he doesn't get pushed too far down the pecking order because they need to keep him in the rotation. He keeps scoring and having a hand in other goals and with how little first team football he has played he is only going to improve. Ibra's backheel for his first was genius, that guy is really settling into the team and really seems to suit the style where a striker isn't just responsible for scoring the goals.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncoFan94
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.