NEWS Fifita awaits scans

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Scans will determine whether David Fifita has potentially played his last game for the Broncos after the Titans-bound second-rower injured his ankle against the Eels.

Fifita was helped off Bankwest Stadium in the 42nd minute of Friday night's 26-12 loss after landing awkwardly in a tackle that resulted in Eels prop Junior Paulo being placed on report by referee Henry Perenara for a "duty of care" violation.

Fox League reported the star forward is suspected to have a low-grade ankle sprain, providing some hope that he could make a quick recovery for next week's final-round clash against the Cowboys.

The Broncos need to win the local derby and hope the Bulldogs lose to Penrith to avoid the first wooden spoon in their proud history.

"He will go for scans [on Sunday], I spoke to him then," Gentle said of Fifita.

"He tried to come back out but I think he said they had him doing some hopping [tests] and whatever and it wasn't right."

The Gold Coast, who Fifita will join on a rich deal next season, and the Queensland Maroons, who he is expected to represent in November, will be sweating on the severity of his injury.

Meanwhile, Gentle said the Broncos "showed a lot of effort" in the five-tries-to-two defeat and are "actually playing for each other, playing for our fans, playing for our sponsors".

"There's a lot of pride in what they're doing at the moment," he said.

More: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/09/18/broncos-maroons-and-titans-sweat-on-fifita-scans/

Troy Whittaker
NRL.com
Fri 18 Sep 2020, 11:47 PM

Gentle by name, Gentle by nature. He is a bit of a pushover. I'm not seeing much pride and players playing for each other, fans and sponsors.

The real issue here, shouldn't have even been a penalty, terrible decision from a terrible referee.

I agree shit call, but I think he's the best ref in the game. He's usually pretty fair, certainly not the same ref he was a few years ago.

I agree shit call, but I think he's the best ref in the game. He's usually pretty fair, certainly not the same ref he was a few years ago.
Not sure letting Parra challenge a knock on call (as it was called forward) was one of his best decisions though. Last night meant we effectively had the bunker ruling on forward passes despite the NRL saying this cannot happen. the reason being - Broncos.

I said it at the time, he should never have been let back in the side after signing that deal with the Titans. We have good, upcoming talent that could've taken his spot, and, the guy has played like a dead set pea heart for the last few weeks. I hope he's okay of course - I don't wish injury on anyone, and he's a young guy, but the coaching staff are weak as piss.

Gentle by name, Gentle by nature. He is a bit of a pushover. I'm not seeing much pride and players playing for each other, fans and sponsors.
Bit harsh I think.

Considering they literally have nothing but pride to play for anymore, along with the fact we have an injury and suspension list thicker than a phone book and that we are no longer getting belted by 50, to nil or both, I actually do think we are playing with more pride.

We aren’t playing good football by any stretch, but I finally think we are doing everything we can to be competitive. It’s just that the cattle left simply aren’t good enough and also haven’t had long enough to unlearn the overcomplicated and ineffective game plans.

We also played with 16 for 79mins and 15 for 38mins last night. It’s not much, but there are signs of improvement.

Who gives a shit, he should have played his last game for us 3 weeks ago when it was abundantly clear he had clocked out the moment he put pen to paper with the Titans.
The concern for the titans will be whether this is the new normal now he has his big contract, that this represents `comfortable footy' for him and Gwen.

Can someone show Fifita this thread. Might actually put some sense in his. Make him realise he isn't the greatest footy player ever

Unread

Active Now

• Bish
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  • Shane Tronc
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncoscope
  • john1420
  • Strop
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Maroon4life
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • PETERN
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.