NEWS Fifita update

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Don't get excited: there is no news, only speculation.

Brent Read in the Australian guesses David has made a shortlist of four clubs: the Bulldogs, Titans, Roosters and Broncos. He expects the NRL to fine and suspend him for affectionately patting that Balinese armed guard. But it won't affect his value: the Broncos are rumoured to be bidding at around 750k a season, a record for a teen. Most expect them to win the meat auction, but he won't be making a decision until after the NRL verdict comes down.

Last edited:
Don't get excited: there is no news, only speculation.

Brent Read in the Australian guesses David has made a shortlist of four clubs: the Bulldogs, Titans, Roosters and Broncos. He expects the NRL to fine and suspend him for affectionately patting an Balinese armed guard. But that won't affect his value: the Broncos are rumoured to be bidding at around 750k a season, a record for a teen. Most expect them to win the meat auction.
750k is spot on where they should be in my opinion. It's more than the Titans can probably afford, but less than the Sydney teams. Once you weigh up the cost of living and being away from his family, I think even another 200k from a Sydney club wouldn't really be enough either financially or emotionally, to drag him away from Brisbane.

Even a million dollar offer would only barely be worthwhile once the cost of living and the lifestyle in both cities comes into consideration, and that only really deals with the financial side of things.

Last edited:
750k is spot on where they should be in my opinion. It's more than the Titans can probably afford, but less than the Sydney teams. Once you weigh up the cost of living and being away from his family, I think even another 200k from a Sydney club wouldn't be enough either financially or emotionally, to drag him away.
I'm not too worried about this. My take is the Broncos know him better than anyone, including how much of the iceberg is under the water. If they lose the bid, it'll be on purpose, most likely because they don't want another Roberts stinking up the club. But I don't think that's who is he is, and I think they'll convince him to stay.

@Smokin' Joe Any update on where the contract negotiations are upto? Are you still extremely confident he is staying?

Last edited:
Fifita and Deacon did this last time too, they won't be rushed. When he upgraded his last deal it was done during the 17/18 pre-season and he was off contract end of 2018 deal was the current deal for the next two years through to end of 2020. He played against the Capras in February in the trial and was away for 2018.

Last edited:
@Smokin' Joe Any update on where the contract negotiations are upto? Are you still extremely confident he is staying?
Joe's still alive. You went missing through all the Croft circus.

I hope/expect he will stay but if the tits lose arrow they would be mad not to throw their hat in the ring for him.

Sam Burgess contract has been allowed to be exempted as a medical retirement. Reckon thats Arrow signed and delivered now for Souths...

Sam Burgess contract has been allowed to be exempted as a medical retirement. Reckon thats Arrow signed and delivered now for Souths...

Signed, sealed and delivered a quality player to a club that needs it the least at the cost of the one that needs it the most. The NRL have cut off their nose to spite their face so often.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed, sealed and delivered a quality player to a club that needs it the least at the cost of the one that needs it the most. The NRL have cut off their nose to spite their face so often.

Meanwhile Burgess is going to be paid $375,000/year over 10 years in an off field club role as compensation for the money he misses out on yet not a cent goes on the cap...

Starting to wonder if Todd Greenburg runs the game or whether Cameron Smith and Sam Burgess do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Meanwhile Burgess is going to be paid $375,000/year over 10 years in an off field club role as compensation for the money he misses out on yet not a cent goes on the cap...

Starting to wonder if Todd Greenburg runs the game or whether Cameron Smith and Sam Burgess do?
I may be wrong but isn't Sam entitled to be paid out his full contract by Souths or are Souths proposing to pay it out over a 10 year period??

Let's just hope we receive the same dispensation with Gillett's injury as Souths did.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Spoon
  • azza.79
  • Battler
  • Jazza
  • Lurker
  • Ozired
  • ChewThePhatt
  • leon.bott
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Xzei
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.